Here We Go again...please don't tilt this time :f_cry::f_cry::f_cry:

• lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      So...long story short..I went busto..cos I tilted away BR every time..Ill insert story as we go..but basically restarting from real scratch...hope it can workout this time :D DDD
  • 14 replies
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Hi Ive been playing poker couple years now. The main thing about my poker life is I always never play within a BR...I guess the degen in me is very strong haha.I mean I would say deposit like $25 , hop on the $25 PLO zoom table ,double up and jump on $50 zoom and so on.I think there is 3 instance where I got to $5k doing so..1 time I cashed out and the other 2 time I tried go one step higher and get rivered brutally both times..

Well the main thing is Im going to start from scratch this time..Im planning to do it the right way..at least try.using the PT4 trial version and playing $2 NL Zoom 6 max mainly..will see how it goes.
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

So far so good. It took me a while to adjust to $2NL zoom as I was overplaying some hands (and too fancy at times) and called down on river too often. I realised my Fold to Cbet is too low as well (roughly 50%) which i see the regs on this level tend to have a bit higher.

Well, this is my play so far since restarting:

Not running that good obv but still showing decent winning as I tend to just go to showdown with good hands :)
      I am not too sure having a big negative red line is good or bad? Maybe someone can help me out with analysing this graph a liitle will be greatly appreciated :D

Aik
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      SO......OBVIOUISLY I WENT BROKE AGAIN AHAHAHHAHAH

Long story short..My degenness caught up with me..AIya cant stay away from PLO500 lolz. I start to focus on Tournaments and had some good runs from April coming 2nd in Hot 5.50 for 1.6k(Last hand AA <1010 for 80% of chips...o well) , and just this Monday I came 9th in Sunday Storm (out 1st hand in FT...the host didn't even finish introducing himself. Cooler spot really but started FT shortest stack with 12bb anyway so no complaint) for $1.5k and also Qualified for ANZPT Melbourne this coming Oct thru a sattelite on Stars (Had 2-1 chip lead heads up and wanted to make a deal to take 2nd but stars did not allow deals on that tourney :( Had to ship it)..So life is looking good at the moment!

GF started to show more support ( result orientated b*tch hahahaa) as she can see me not just gambling away.. Gonna grind micro stake tourney and save up for ANZPT Melbourne!!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Good luck with your new start on the tournaments :gl:
      Hopefully you make more deep runs like last week.

What kind of bankroll management you will use so you don’t get broke this time?

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      Been a while...Ive been making some decent scores on PS ..but old habit don't go away.. mid stakes omaha gambling gets me again..

Here are the Tourney results so far , from when I start to use PT, roughly 3 months ago.

Not too bad considering the buy ins are like $5-$15 tourneys mainly...some $22 and $44 occasionally...but alas...my prone to gamble gets the better of me..
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Graph looks great :appl:
      I would be happy if I win this amount of money in 3 months time.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Ye I was stoked about the result...just where the money went after is another story :f_zZz: :f_zZz: :f_zZz:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That must be a painful story. How you’re month ended for you?
      Good luck in July :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Hi guys have been away for a while but Im ready to get going again!! New year new me right right:f_cool: :f_cool:

Anyway after negotiating with the gf, I was ALLOWED to put in $250 but in stars but no more deposit for at least half a year. She is the kind of girl that is a keeper and looks after money very carefully(very good bankroll management IRL) so when I first suggested this to her she wasn't too keen as she view poker as gambling (plus I haven't shown big score to keep her happy- super result orientated ). I can understand that though as I actually attended ANZPT Melbourne via a sattelite 3 months ago. Blew off a few thousand over there with side events and cash games (Ahem and mainly table games T.T). Was a good experience, but the that wast the one time that the missus allowed me...so unless I bink it and make it to $10k + probably don't see myself doing this for a while..

Anyway back to this thread, I really want to stay motivated and focus this time. I propose to do so by having following plan:

-Wake up , Review session for at least half hour. Make note of good/bad plays made.
      -Play within BR this time , so that means $1-$3 MTT max with the 1 $5.5 shot per day allowed. Will play Sunday storm(sattelite or buy in) every week though as made it into FT last year but out 1st hand as shortest stacked :(
      -Go to Gym at least 3 times per week to get physically more fit as well

Starting BR :$250

Peace,
      Aik
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      SO..1st day in and didnt start off too well. Got it in a couple of spots but variance wasn't quite on my side today. It feels different though as now that I am playing within BR and playing multi table (instaed of 1 tabling most of time) , bad beats are easier to get over with :) Hopefully my will stay strong as I knw the bink is not far away as we have done it before!!

Today's result : -$ 29
      Bank roll : $221

Going to review and do some studies and also hit the gym!! Gonna keep my chin up and stride through!!

cheers
      Aik
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey lokiah,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Well week one ended with me down a little for the week. Pretty happy with the way we played but will need to pay more attention with ICM related decisions in future.

Overall -$15

Current BR: $235

Too bad have to go off for work travel and can't play this Sunday tournaments but theres always next week!
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      The grind continues!!

Started the day early today and fired a couple of tournament,nothing special except ran deep in big 5.50 but busted 1xxth when I felt sleepy and jammed 16bb A7o from MP..aiya. Its hard as these tournies start at like 2-3 am NZ time but Ill be ok.

Even Sattelited into the Tcoop Event 21 $27 - 4 max turbo but didn't last long int that :<

Current BR :$213

On Side note getting into habbit of going to gym , which should boost my energy level over the day..Do need a lot as my sleeping pattern is completely screwed from work and poker :(
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      How long have you been trying with the gym? I have my routine with it, and it is absolutely no prob:
      7:35 alarm
      7:37 good morning, Dog!
      7:45 walk with the dog
      8:30 Gym
      work after gym...