[NL2-NL10] QQ vs 55

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($5.49)
      Hero (CO) ($12.82)
      Button ($4.55)
      SB ($5.02)
      BB ($3.53)
      UTG ($2.02)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB calls $0.23, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) J, 2, 5 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.84, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, SB raises to $4.77 (All-In), Hero calls $2.77

Turn: ($10.39) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($10.39) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10.39 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
      SB had 5, 5 (flush, Jack high).
      Hero mucked Q, Q (one pair, Queens).
      Outcome: SB won $9.89

While typing the other hand where I was beat.. I was again beat. So much for multi tasking, but thats what I get for not paying attention to the table. I put him on JA or something.... (which could be my worst read ever.. so dumb)
      My winning session is turning into a loosing session now... hate this.
      And this hand was completly my fault... thought I was over this lesson already that villain will hit his set 1/5 times :(
      Someone have any tips how I can like really learn this part.. its destroying my game and I can't progress properly...

Total loss when my monsters are beat is close to 40$ now.

Promise to self:
      I will never ever do this mistake again.. it cost me so much money already...

Edit:
      Just got JJ beat..... common! Atleast I was able to fold this time, but still...
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      in a 3way pot i think i would call flop and probably get it in on any non :spade: safe turn .
      as played if you have a read then go with it .
      when you try to put villain on a hand dont say he has x or y because you never can be sure . try to put him on a range of hands and take the best line against that range
      for example here :
      his range may be : 22 55 99 Ax :spade: 34 tj+ some other flushdraws and some bluffs ( just an example ... this is a general range )
      after you decide the range decide whats the best line against this range and you make your plan .
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Its hard to fold here, but a bet/shove line isnt to be trifled with either.
      Pay more attention to your opponents(play less tables/stop multitasking) and see what they are playing before going broke on an OP.
      You are representing an OP(or at least AJ) with your line, so if hes a thinking player he prob shoves with either TP(unlikely if he puts you on AJ/JJ+), FD(he would prob play less aggro), set(unlikely) or FD+OC(more likely IMO).
      Either way, its very hard to fold against a set, but I think its possible when you have stats and notes on villain.