This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ vs 55

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($5.49)
      Hero (CO) ($12.82)
      Button ($4.55)
      SB ($5.02)
      BB ($3.53)
      UTG ($2.02)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
      UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.25, Button calls $0.25, SB calls $0.23, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) J, 2, 5 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.84, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, SB raises to $4.77 (All-In), Hero calls $2.77

Turn: ($10.39) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($10.39) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10.39 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
      SB had 5, 5 (flush, Jack high).
      Hero mucked Q, Q (one pair, Queens).
      Outcome: SB won $9.89

While typing the other hand where I was beat.. I was again beat. So much for multi tasking, but thats what I get for not paying attention to the table. I put him on JA or something.... (which could be my worst read ever.. so dumb)
      My winning session is turning into a loosing session now... hate this.
      And this hand was completly my fault... thought I was over this lesson already that villain will hit his set 1/5 times :(
      Someone have any tips how I can like really learn this part.. its destroying my game and I can't progress properly...

Total loss when my monsters are beat is close to 40$ now.

Promise to self:
      I will never ever do this mistake again.. it cost me so much money already...

Edit:
      Just got JJ beat..... common! Atleast I was able to fold this time, but still...
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      in a 3way pot i think i would call flop and probably get it in on any non :spade: safe turn .
      as played if you have a read then go with it .
      when you try to put villain on a hand dont say he has x or y because you never can be sure . try to put him on a range of hands and take the best line against that range
      for example here :
      his range may be : 22 55 99 Ax :spade: 34 tj+ some other flushdraws and some bluffs ( just an example ... this is a general range )
      after you decide the range decide whats the best line against this range and you make your plan .
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Its hard to fold here, but a bet/shove line isnt to be trifled with either.
      Pay more attention to your opponents(play less tables/stop multitasking) and see what they are playing before going broke on an OP.
      You are representing an OP(or at least AJ) with your line, so if hes a thinking player he prob shoves with either TP(unlikely if he puts you on AJ/JJ+), FD(he would prob play less aggro), set(unlikely) or FD+OC(more likely IMO).
      Either way, its very hard to fold against a set, but I think its possible when you have stats and notes on villain.