This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

From newbie to professional......going to the top

• VickyNo1
      VickyNo1
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

My name is Victor, I am 25 years old and I am from Campina, a small town in Romania. I currently live in Bucharest where I have finished my studies in the economic field. My first contact with poker was in 2008 where I first took the 50$ starting capital from PokerStrategy. I played the short stack strategy and I blew my bankroll very fast. I am upset that I haven't continued back then because the games were so much easier.

Still I consider that even today there is good money to be made from poker. I have a friend who won over 5k EUR from poker and he convinced me to give another shot. I started on 22 august this year with 37 EUR on a small european network. I read a book, watched some videos and I also watched my friend play. I haven't study too much. I also mention that I play cash 6 handed.

The first three weeks, I struggled to win at Nl2 and on 12 september I had reached only 48 EUR. After this period I think I started to play better and in 2 weeks I had bankroll for NL5. I started NL5 with 140 EUR at the end of September and I stayed there until the middle of November when my bankroll was high enough to play NL10. With 313 EUR I gave my first shot at NL10, I lost a bit in the first few days, but after that I continued to play and I managed to continuously increase my bankroll.

Now with rakeback included I have surpassed 600 EUR and I hope to be able to play NL25 soon. I also mention that I have never played with a HUD but I think it is time to start doing so. I recently bought my Holdem manager license and I also need to buy a hand converter.

My goal on the medium term is to be able to beat NL100 by the end of 2015 and I hope that in 3 to 4 years to win at least 100.000 EUR. I do not want to stop at NL100 and hope to get to NL1k. I know that there will be a lot of work in order to achieve this but I believe that it is possible. At least the NL100 part is very doable. If do not want to stay too much at a limit. I want to climb the limits fast and I am willing to get coaching if I get stuck somewhere.

Here is my graph at NL10 for the period 20 Nov to 7 Dec:

After posting this graph, I realise that I need to play a lot more in order to win like I should and progress.
      I will also post in the next few days some graphs on longer periods. And I will also post hands from time to time.
  • 3 replies
    • lokiah
      lokiah
      Bronze
      Hey man. GL.. im restarting myself as well. Had no discipline what so ever before and trying it at the moment.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Victor, welcome back sir!

Well that's not a bad start is it, you seem to be getting along fine to me.

As for the hand converter, why do you need one of those may I ask? Holdem Manager 2 has the option to post hands into forums included if that's what you meant.

Here's how I do it.

1. Go to reports
      2. Highlight the hand you want to post,
      3. Open the hand viewer - there is a picture of two aces on the left half way down the screen.
      4. Look to the bottom right, click the up&down arrows then choose the option you want. I have it to post on Pokerstrategy forums.
      5. Click the icon that looks like a page next to the arrows and just post into the forums.
      6. Job done like a boss!

Note: You wont need to perform 4 next time as HM2 remembers the setting for you.

There may be easier ways but I'm a fish with technology! :f_biggrin:

If there's anything else just ask and I'll try hard!

Best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • VickyNo1
      VickyNo1
      Bronze
      Thx for support Lokiah and Gadget51.

Interesting. I didn't know that. I generally use another websites convertor for this.

Still you didn't understand me. HoldemManager 2 doesn't support the network where I play. So in order for me to be able to use Hud stats while playing and also to be able to import directly hands in Holdem, I need another software to use alongside Holdem Manager. Now I manually modify the hands in order for them to be imported. This is why I don't have all my Nl10 hands played imported in Holdem.