9 man SNG

• D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      At the moment i'm playing an MTT on ipoker for fun. Really made me think about playing STT again on Pokerstars. But everywhere i look i see negative feedback regarding these STT. People say it's reg infested, it's not profitable anymore etc etc. What is your opinion on the matter? Really would love some comments regarding STT or cash.
  • 5 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi D0nkshove,

I'm currently playing 9-man SNGs on Pokerstars myself. In my opinion, these games are still definitely beatable (I can only talk about micro stakes here), even though it may be true that other formats have more recreational players that can be exploited.

I also remember SNGs on 888 to be a bit easier to beat than the games at Pokerstars.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by D0nkshove
      People say it's reg infested, it's not profitable anymore etc etc. What is your opinion on the matter?
      I've always found this to be a funny thing for people to say. Of course the games are still profitable for the players that are willing to put the work in.
      • Are there more regs at the tables? Yes.
      • Are they as profitable as they were years ago? No.
      • Can you still make a decent profit on them? Yes.

A lot of the negative comments about STT's lately is that the traffic for them is slowing down a bit as recreational players are trying out the Spin n Go's (at least on Stars).
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      A lot of the negative comments about STT's lately is that the traffic for them is slowing down a bit as recreational players are trying out the Spin n Go's (at least on Stars).
      I remember playing Turbos at the time when people started commenting on that, and I honestly couldn't see their point - these games are still filling up quite quickly.

Now I'm back to regular speed SNGs, however, and it does seem like the traffic has slowed down a little compared to how it was a year ago. Nothing too intense, though, especially if you compare it to other sites. You can pretty much forget about the SNG traffic at iPoker, for example.
    • Stevegeigus
      Stevegeigus
      Basic
      fhgfc
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the comments :)