[NL2-NL10] Correct way to play nuts flush draw?

• Dragar
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($7.41)
      BB ($8.73)
      UTG ($9.84)
      Hero (MP) ($5.82)
      Button ($8.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7, A
      UTG calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20) 3, J, 9 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.20, BB calls $0.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($1.60) 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.60) K (3 players)
      SB bets $1, 1 fold, Hero folds

Total pot: $1.60 | Rake: $0.05

SB didn't show
      Outcome: SB won $1.55

With the min-raise I presume I will get enough callers to make my odds correct again which proved to be true. I got the free river card. Too bad it didn't work out.

For the future.. should I make flop raise higher, like the standard 3x player amount +1 for every caller? It would create the fold equity I need, however I can run into big risks if it doesn't work out.
  • 5 replies
    • TheBrood
      Against 3 opponents I would just c/c and hope for a club. Let the others bet since you don't want to risk being re-raised out of the hand plus the more ppl in the pot, the better for you.
      No use in fattening pot if you havent a made hand. You should only bet if theirs a chance of winning the pot right there, like say heads-up.
    • Dragar
      I didn't want people to fold.. that was the whole point. I wanted to create more value for my possible flush, plus get my free river card. Re-reraise a very uncommon on micro limits.

Think about it:
      He bets 20 cents into a 20 cents pot. 4 callers makes it 1$
      He would have probably bet 80 cents - 1$ on turn if he is a good player.
      So thats 1$ - 1.20$ for me to see the river in total.

Using my raise I got there for 40 cents, plus they might not have known that I had the nuts flush if I get it on turn or river.

If I get a re-raise I can still fold.
    • Grimzor
      Minraise is bad imo. Dont minraise there. Raising for free river card is good but make the raise bigger. My reasoning behind this is that you probably wont minraise made hands on such drawy board or else you would give your opponents right odds to call with any draw. And therefore its easy to put you on draw and push you out of pot.
    • TheBrood
      You could try this line I guess against passive stations, but even then you are just making the pot bigger for someone else if you miss. Stations will call when you hit anyway so why risk it?
      You supposed they would call flop, and check river but what if you are wrong next time?
      I dont like raising because ppl might fold = less ppl to make 2nd best hand when you hit the nuts.
    • srohack
      in a multiway pot i just call and see the turn . if you wanna raise make it more . at least 1.2 .
      as played turn and river are fine