Could you go back to Play Money games?

• 6 replies
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      It's great that he is doing something like that to promote the games a bit, however I wouldn't be surprised if stars is paying him to do this either. I also think he probably has it made and it's not as important to him spending the hours with actual grinding. You will never catch a small or mid-stakes regular doing something like this for fun.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      I played a lot at Zynga on my phone before I could find a phone that could handle Pokerstars. Great fun and I do believe I learned how to play againstextremly careless players.

But ... real money play is so much more rewarding when it cames to gameplay. So, no, I aint going back to play money.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I've played play money in the last year when I was bored and too tired to risk real pennies :coolface:

I've also learned most of the other poker variants at play money tables.

I think it is wrong to suggest that the players don't care -- they seem to.

There is extreme spewing, but there is strange trapping too -- and some seemingly very good players.

It is correct to say that the games are not the same, but it is easy to adjust to play money.

Cheers,
      VS
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      I've played play money in the last year when I was bored and too tired to risk real pennies :coolface:

I've also learned most of the other poker variants at play money tables.

I think it is wrong to suggest that the players don't care -- they seem to.

There is extreme spewing, but there is strange trapping too -- and some seemingly very good players.

It is correct to say that the games are not the same, but it is easy to adjust to play money.

Cheers,
      VS
      your idea of very good players are a bit different than mine I think.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by serverm07
      your idea of very good players are a bit different than mine I think.
      I think it is more that my definition of "some" is different.
      There aren't many, true -- but I've encountered more than a couple.

Cheers,
      VS
    • rompas
      rompas
      no i wouldnt , but i dont see some big differnce in play money and microlimits in playing styles..