Damn stars

• Dragar
      Ok its getting to me again... stupid fish playing with any 2 and I run into all sorts of trouble.

Here is what happened in the span of 2 days:

KK is beat 3 times. twice by AA, once by 56o because dumb idiot gets trips with 6 on the river.

88 set beaten by 10 10 set on the flop

Everyone seems to get a flush draw vs me... I even bet freaking pot with my QQ... but of course they goto call.

I play for a long time to get like 4BI up... loose it all again in like 5 mins because of this crap... wtf!!!!!

4 BI down in total in 2 days... great...

You see all the lines where it goes downwards in one go? Yeah those are the things which are supposed to happen less then 1/5 of the time... I love the last 100 hands especially.

Quickly in a row:
      my set 88 vs his set 10 10
      my Q pair vs his rivered trips
      my KK vs his rivered trips (same player btw.. I guess he thinks its fun to call with low pair on the board twice in a row, also the same players with the 10 10... thats almost 3 BI towards him.. and what does he do with it... loose it to someone else since he plays so horribly)
      my QQ vs flush draw with odds which noone should call.

Am just so freaking angry right now.. how come I can't even beat NL5... slowly up by proper play.. then bang down again by stuff like that. Its going in freaking circles. Its so depressing to see your days work go away in like 100 hands just because villain thinks he has to call anything.

KAo is a loosing hand of 10$ for me

And out of 18 KK.. I made 3$. Just perfect...

Thank god I got 20BI for this limit... thing is right now it feels like a waste of time.

I give up.... this last hand finishes it for me today. The fish have won... there is no point playing anymore now. Even if I push my aggression to the maximum to make them stop.... they won't and they win:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($1.56)
      Button ($6.40)
      Hero (SB) ($4.23)
      BB ($23.18)
      UTG ($9.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A
      UTG raises to $0.20, 1 fold, Button calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.80, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.25) A, 10, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.23 (All-In), UTG calls $3.23

Turn: ($8.71) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($8.71) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $8.71 | Rake: $0.40

Hero had K, A (one pair, Aces).
      UTG had A, Q (flush, Ace high).
      Outcome: UTG won $8.31

... this is gonna take me a few days or so to get back up. Need 4.5 BI just to have my 100$ starting money again.

Plus if this keeps on happening it will take me much longer....

To think about it.. I was up 2 BI a bit over an hour ago... thats 5BI gone in an hour. Lovely.....

Ok so I decided to play some more... was almost a BI up again.... then it happens again. Villain calls my raise with a crap hand and of course beats my KK

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($7.29)
      Hero (CO) ($5.03)
      Button ($4.19)
      SB ($10.45)
      BB ($22.93)
      UTG ($15.99)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K
      UTG calls $0.05, MP calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.25, UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.97) 3, Q, 3 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $1.05

Turn: ($3.97) 6 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($6.97) 7 (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.73, Hero calls $1.73 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.43 | Rake: $0.50

UTG had Q, 3 (full house, threes over Queens).
      Hero mucked K, K (two pair, Kings and threes).
      Outcome: UTG won $9.93

I think I am cursed... I don't even get mad anymore now... whenever I play KK I think I will be beat. I think the next time someone bets into me.. I will just fold it.
  • 5 replies
    • slikec
      Poker is a bitch sometimes ;( This month i had a nice upswing making 250$ in 10 days playing SSS NL50 NL25 and few SNGs. Now next 10 days i am exactly(actually -1,5$) at same cash as 10 days ago BUT i got 100$ first deposit bonus so i am actually -100$ also losing some crazy hands. I was actually at -160$ two days ago but last two days again my premium hands mostly did their job and won some money;)

Here my graph of November to fell you better. You can see at least SSS is swingy as hell :D

• Dragar
      K feel somewhat better already...
      I can see mistakes in my hands, even though its a bad beat. The signs are there.

He calls my insane raise flop after limping pre-flop. He already made money on the table. He must know what I have, still he bets into me. He has goto have me beat, hence I must fold. Problem is I don't want to fold although I am supposed to...
      I think when I get past this leak I will be able to play much better.
      Lets just hope I get this before I loose the rest of my money

And already made back 1 BI... 4 to go
    • Fongie
      How do you expect to be a winning player when you do things like overbet-shove a flop with top pair? When you do this you both lose value against worse hands (who will fold), and isolate yourself against better hands (2pair, trips) that will call you... you're extremely lucky already to be called by a worse hand playing like that!

Also your attitude of "my hands are always beat" is just another sign of major tilt. Go read some psychology articles, and some basic articles on postflop play while you're at it (theyre long but they help).

Btw, I think I saw you say you play SH in some other thread. Did you play FR and win there before moving? I think you should try some FR to get the hang of big stack play..

ps. bad beats suck for everyone though :P
    • Dragar
      edited out
    • jonnyjm
      been 2 buy-ins down after 1,600 hands is nothing to feel fustrated about,
      over the last week iv lost 17 buyins! but things are looking better now.

at the levle your playing, dont get fancy, just play your cards and the odds, bluffing rarley works, been overly aggressive with class A & B hands at this limit can do wonders for your progression...just remember if these guys keep outdrewing you make them pay for there mistakes and over the long term you'll prosper, you will get sucked out more, as a result increasing varriance but it means you'll win more when there luck runs out...still...as previously stated shoving with top pair isnt the smartest...