making notes

• lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      I've recently started to read the hands of known regulars in my elephant database, and made some usefull deductions about there playstyle, but I was wondering, just how many examples do I need of a certain trait to be usefull?

example: if someone calls his top pair ace kicker on the flop to raise the turn ones that clearly isn't enough, but if he does it every time, then I could make a note about that. How many exmaples would I need (with none to the contrary) for something to probably be right?
  • 3 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi lennert9,

I would make a note as soon as I notice something UNUSUAL. If I get into the same situation with him again I let the note influence my game. If the note was proven wrong you can either delete it or add another note. If it was correct I make a "!" or "I" behind the not so that I know that this note is more reliable.

You should only make note of unusual play as else you will soon have so many notes that you can't read them all or that you write notes all the time.
      Your example is one of these as calling the flop and raising the turn with toppair is a standard play. :)

If I saw him donkbluffing the river I note:

Donkbet river with K-high as a bluff (HU, oop)

HU = Headsup situation
      oop = out of position
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      okay, thanks mate.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Become silver and read the article about notes :D