Missed Rakeback and Affiliate Opportunities

• StartlingGrope
      StartlingGrope
      Bronze
      When first started playing poker a few years ago, I cut my teeth on the occasional free $10 or $20 here and there directly through poker sites rather than affiliates such as PokerStrategy as I learned the game. In the long run this has hurt me big time as it means that I've missed out on a lot of bonuses.

I'm now caught between a rock and a hard place as my long term intention is to shift from 9 man S&Gs to 180 man S&Gs as well as tournaments but I 'gain' nothing other than PokerStars' standard VPPs. I've recently deposited at Bet365 to try and clear the deposit bonus and gain Strategy points so I can access better coaching videos but the only way I can get volume in is to play cash - which isn't the direction I want to take - because there is hardly any S&G traffic. I've also found the software to be very problematic when tables open and close when using iPoker software.

Has anybody ever found any way, other than changing their name and moving house, to gain some sort of affiliate status after they've created an account on a poker site?
  • 1 reply
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by StartlingGrope
      Has anybody ever found any way, other than changing their name and moving house, to gain some sort of affiliate status after they've created an account on a poker site?
      Please don't cheat, it will be detected and punished anyway.

If you wish to stay with Pokerstars, don't worry, there's not much you've missed out on, as they're very greedy when it comes to giving affiliates promotional money. (As far as videos, you can buy a status once and watch all you want within a month, it's not a big deal either.)

If at some point you want to continue the career on iPoker or some other network, just move to another skin if the current one isn't satisfying you, there are plenty of them available.