Abused, by a female!

• hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Hi all, (6max NL25)
      I had 33 I called, 4 folded 1 called, flop and turn can't remember but were middle numbers both checked flop and turn, river was a 3 I go all in she goes all in I win I think it was about £15 then I get the f word for going all in on 3's! can't remember her cards as didn't have software then.

Can I have a reply from a female player please.
  • 12 replies
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Hi Hardlife66!

I moved your thread from blogs section to here because it fits here better.

Can I ask why you need exactly a female player opinion?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I don't think the fact the villain was female has much to do with it, this just sounds like a typical reaction from a player who has been bad-beat and feels they have been done an injustice by 'a weaker opponent', you know, phil hellmuth style.

fwiw, when my girlfriend is playing I often hear her swearing or saying something like "what an asshole!", it somehow seems to be part of the fun for her, don't know if she ever types anything into chat but its definitely not just men who swear at people in game.

One more thing: Why did you only win £15 if it was NL25? Were you shortstacked as well as openlimping preflop?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Yeah, I think I'm agreeing w/ DaPhunk on this one -- both about the "typical reaction" part and the limping and not playing with a full stack part.

May I ask just how you know for certain that your opponent was a woman?

A vast number of men put up female-looking avatars (or other weak avatars) in order to appear to be easy money.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      cause the blokes don't comment!
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I don't think the fact the villain was female has much to do with it, this just sounds like a typical reaction from a player who has been bad-beat and feels they have been done an injustice by 'a weaker opponent', you know, phil hellmuth style.

fwiw, when my girlfriend is playing I often hear her swearing or saying something like "what an asshole!", it somehow seems to be part of the fun for her, don't know if she ever types anything into chat but its definitely not just men who swear at people in game.

One more thing: Why did you only win £15 if it was NL25? Were you shortstacked as well as openlimping preflop?

Yes
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      Hi Hardlife66!

I moved your thread from blogs section to here because it fits here better.

Can I ask why you need exactly a female player opinion?
      Because the blokes don't comment, well not to me anyway.
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Yeah, I think I'm agreeing w/ DaPhunk on this one -- both about the "typical reaction" part and the limping and not playing with a full stack part.

A vast number of men put up female-looking avatars (or other weak avatars) in order to appear to be easy money.

Best of luck,
      VS
      Ok, I don't know for sure it was a woman.
      I didn't have a full stack at that point.
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze

Best of luck,
      VS
      I didn't have a full stack at that point and if I opened 3 bet or min raise then she/he? would have probably folded as all previous open raises from anyone got folds.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      I didn't have a full stack at that point and if I opened 3 bet or min raise then she/he? would have probably folded as all previous open raises from anyone got folds.
      Then in that case, open-raise more and take their money :coolface:
      There is a strategy article that might help -- http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/2259/1/
      Do you use a HUD?

Best of luck,
      VS
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Then in that case, open-raise more and take their money :coolface:
      There is a strategy article that might help -- http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/2259/1/
      Do you use a HUD?

Best of luck,
      VS
      OK will try that, yes I use HM2 but some poker rooms the graphics get in the way so I just use the hand tracker there.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      OK will try that, yes I use HM2 but some poker rooms the graphics get in the way so I just use the hand tracker there.
      Hi, hardlife66,
      With HM2 it is possible to move the HUD windows around so they're not in the way.
      I also split my standard HUD into multiple panels, so I could put some stats under the avatar, some left and some right.
      Maybe that would help...

Best wishes for a peaceful, prosperous 2015,
      VS
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Hi, hardlife66,
      With HM2 it is possible to move the HUD windows around so they're not in the way.
      I also split my standard HUD into multiple panels, so I could put some stats under the avatar, some left and some right.
      Maybe that would help...

Best wishes for a peaceful, prosperous 2015,
      VS
      Ok thanks and a happy 2015 to you too.