This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

2-7 TD $0.25-$0.50 Limit - 9 7 6 4 3

• adasko99
      adasko99
      Bronze
      Hello :)

I'm VERY new to this game and would appreciate some opinions on this hand :)

Is this a predraw fold? Having a 6 supposed to be bad , but is it still bad if I can discard it? :)

Did I missplay later draws? :)

replay is a bit dodgy so after 1st draw my hand is:
      :8c: :7c: :4h: :3c: :2d:

HAND REPLAYER
  • 1 reply
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Bronze
      for me its a pre-draw fold. its an unbreakable 9 by which i mean you have no solid draw to break to. as it happens drawing the 9 and 6 is probably the right decision but perhaps another option would be to 3b pre pat all the way and check back the river. but thats not something i would recommend making a habit of especially on this limit.

when you make an 87 after first you absolutely must raise. you have the best hand nearly always but its vulnerable in a multi way pot, try to fold out the other two. dont be a passive triple draw player! even if villain 6 pats i still pat behind unless i have some information about them. 2 to pat ranges aren't usually as strong as 1 to pat ranges.

2nd draw i would consider breaking it because its multiway now and 87 isnt looking so strong anymore. because your hand is so under repped i might actually raise which would look very strong and then if i got played back at draw to the nuts.

3rd draw is a bit tougher, bb looks weak, villain 6 might be value betting worse because you look weak. i think you did the right thing but its a close decision and neither option is terrible.

btw you seem a bit preoccupied by the 6 in your hand pre, what you should be more concerned about is the lack of a 2.