Bronze
      SB: $10.70
      BB: $6.10
      UTG: $26.25
      MP: $25.80
      Hero (CO): $9.05
      BTN: $4.75

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with Q :diamond: Q :heart:
      1 fold, UTG raises to $0.75, MP calls $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.60) J :heart: 3 :club: T :heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $6.80, UTG calls $6.80

ok i think the shove after my opponent checked on the flop the shove was wrong..He had VP$IP 19, he called a big reraise PRF so he must have a strong hand.
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      If you play with stats it would be good if you could post them as well. In this hand UTG's PFR would be interesting to know and probably some postflop stats as well...

Preflop, I'd raise to 3$, which is 3x raise + 1x raise per each caller. This way you would have even easier push on the flop.

Flop, you have about 1,2x the post size, so I think shove is good considering the draw heavy board and you have overpair + backdoor flushdraw and backdoor straight draw, so I believe you don't have to fear a better hand here.

And after the push it's important to make a note on the villain what hand did he raise/call preflop from UTG.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Overpair + backdoors is enough to push it here postflop, holdings can also include AJ/AT or KQ ;)

Reraise 3+1x so to $3 next time ;)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      You are doublestacked, so you can vary your play. Some will only play KK+ in your spot, I play JJ+ AK+, but I dont always 3-bet preflop. With a raise and a caller behind I am more prone to calling and playing my hand postflop. I still have enough streets to get all-in should the board favor me, and I can easily fold and walk away happy if scare cards show up. In this hand if I did choose to 3-bet preflop I would probably make it a squeeze and open-shove. (at this limit anyway, you will be suprized the hand ranges that call you)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Overpair + backdoors is enough to push it here postflop, holdings can also include AJ/AT or KQ ;)

Reraise 3+1x so to $3 next time ;)
      2nd