building a bankroll playing 45-180 man sng mtt,s

• hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      hi all I have been playing poker on and off for about 7 years mainly just for fun but I am going to try and take it a little more seriously now I have $35 in my stars account and have had reasonable success playing the sng mtt,s so here goes I am going to start playing the 50 cent 45,90,180 sng,s until I have 100 buy ins I will not move up or take shots at higher games wish me luck and I will try to post as often as I can to let you all know how it is going :f_thumbsup:
  • 33 replies
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      well after two and a half hours and 14 sng mtt,s I am 2 buy ins down with a mix of not great play and a couple of beats the bankroll is now $34.20 that's it for tonight see ya all next time
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey hinch,

As a fellow 45 manner, i will be following with interest. Good luck :gl: and hope to see you at the tables sometime. :f_biggrin:

Cheers

Laz
    • CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      hey, good luck in your endeavor :)

i 'd like to ask , do you have a specific strategy to play mtt sng's? and you play mostly (or only turbos) i presume
      i ask this because you cannot apply (with success) either STT sng nor MTT strategy for these, they have specific 'flavor' sorta..
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      thank you lazza and cri4bra as for strategy I don't have a particular strategy as of yet I am going to study some articles and videos on here bbut mainly I will be playing tight early and become more creative around bubble time but of course I am open to any suggestions and or advice
    • Rufus433
      Rufus433
      Platinum
      Hi hinch,
      From experience i can say it wont be easy, but it is possible in few months to build up your BR and beat 180s, 100BI is prob. a bit too risky, as you will find out soon enough 100BI swings in these games happen quite often so you prob will want at least 200 BI, 300 would be the best.

I set for myself sort of stop loss limit, when i had more than 300 BI in my roll i took shots and mixed in higher games, once my roll got below 300 mark for the previous games i played, i stopped mixing in higher ones and played only the limit i was rolled for. It was hard to move up and down, all the time, but it gave me the experience and i started to understand what the guys in higher games were doing and where i need to improve my game, after a while the heater came and took me to the new level, so just be patient and study a lot and you will do it.

I recommend to watch Collin Moshman and tomsom87 videos and if possible get holdem resources calculator (HRC) or icmizer, it might seem a bit expensive, but if you are serious about this, than it will pay of big time quite fast.

Good luck.
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      thank you rufus I will look those guys up and also take your advice on board about bank roll management :f_thumbsup:
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      hi all I forgot to mention I intend to play the occaisional 55 cents turbo turbo mtts aswell as they will not affect my BR too much plus if I can manage to final table it will give the BR a decent boost
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      so far today I have played 14 sng mtts 10 45 man 2 90 man and 2 180man with 3 cashes all in the 45 manners a 2nd ,3rd and 5th so now the BR is $36.71 happy with how I played today also bubbled twice but as I am playing to win I,m not that concerned about bubbling by the way if anyone is interested my screename on pokerstars is adasbubble
    • Rick21
      Rick21
      Bronze
      Good advice from Rufus, good luck in your games
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      Cheers Rick I had a quick look at a couple of video's last night and I am going to continue to study them in the future
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      hi guys just a quick update I am leaving the sng,s alone for a few days as I am trying to get silver status on here so I can watch more video content therefore I am playing 6 max micro cash on William hill at the current rate should only take me a couple of days because of work commitments I don't have a lot of free time between now and Christmas but after that I will be back and hitting the 45 manners hard so if I don't post before xmas enjoy the festivities and a happy and prosperous new year to all :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
    • vincentgula
      vincentgula
      Bronze
      My advise....dont play cashgames, buy silver status. Cash game it is waste of time for you it is absolutly diferent format.
    • vincentgula
      vincentgula
      Bronze
      Read this MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread

and 15 BB use this chart https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiRCAFDKL6fIdHE0QWt5elZMUkU4YzVrSlBVZk5EMFE&hl=en_US#gid=3

U can only use this, earn some money and buy silver status for 1 month. Then watch videos.

Just dont change format to cashgame.
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      gl getting back
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey hinch,

Please be aware that the Jennifear charts are cEV and shouldn't be relied on in bubble or ICM play.

Regards

Laz
    • titoo0219
      titoo0219
      Basic
      Hey hinch!

HRC/HM2 Go!!!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Dont mix games. Play either 45s or 90s or 180s. They play totally different.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by UPAY4DINNER
      Dont mix games. Play either 45s or 90s or 180s. They play totally different.
      Especially don't try to play 5-Card Draw and 2-7 lowball at the same time :coolface:

Sorry, couldn't resist -- I'll be good now.

Best wishes for a peaceful, prosperous 2015,
      VS
    • hinch
      hinch
      Bronze
      right guys after a couple of days of eating and drinking far too much I am back in the mood to play some poker so its back to it I have played a couple of small buyin mtts just for fun so the bankroll is starting at $35.05 I am only going to play 45 man sng,s so wish me luck and I will try to update at least every couple of days :f_thumbsup: