NL 50 i need some help and advice please

• CustardKid
      CustardKid
      Bronze
      Hello, my name is Craig I watched the tankroll BRM video on the strategy on holdem and thought that it was interesting and I was sick of grinding NL2, over the last few days I started with $46 I was playing NL2 up to $77 then went up to NL5 up to $100, from there I worked my way up to $150 at NL10, then started at NL25 got to $250 and started at NL50, ive been down and up 3 times now at NL25-NL50 (I haven't played my Agame at NL50) I think I could be scared, but I seem to be bombarded with 3bets 4bet shove, this kind of play is new to me and I don't know how to counteract it if someone could help or send me a link for some good vids, but as for now I think im going to stick at NL25 until I learn a bit more theory.

Thanks
      ck
  • 3 replies
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      I believe that the tankroll BRM is aimed either at recreational players that may end up getting the 1k$ with luck or at more experience players, as it involves actually being a profitable nl50 or 100 player to begin with. My suggestion, considering that you used to play mainly nl2 prior to this experiment, would be to pick up a regular BRM approach and focus on improving your overall game (in your particular case - the 3bet-4bet-5bet preflop and the calling ranges vs. 3bet).
    • CustardKid
      CustardKid
      Bronze
      Hello Battle hunter, my win rate was around 18bb/100 at NL25 and below (I don't have the exact win rate because I'm on a laptop not at home). I have played some more since, taking shots at NL50 still losing and dropping back to NL25 this happened about 5 times in total, it sent me on tilt and my bank roll went from $370 to $105 ($127 now after my session just at NL10). I quit for a day and done some theory and I have constructed a game plan for this area I need help with what do you think of this?

If my opponants have these stats

^75% FTS - raise 60% of hands

^8% RST -
      i will raise 25%-30% of hands,
      coldcalling range - AA, KK QQ
      4bet bluff range - 54s-KQs, KJs, AJ-AQ ATs,
      4bet call/shove range - AKo/s, JJ im not sure about TT?

and ill make adjustments to suit the player like if there RST stat is like 50% ill just raise value hands, or there 5bet is 2% ill fold my calling range and so on, like i said this is new to me and ive already started learning so hopefully if i make it back to the NL50 ill have a solid strategy to counteract the very agro players instead of 4betshoving pocket 22s to an unkown tilting. im all for advice if anybody can tweak this for me change the hands or stats.

I hope that this will give me a solid win rate at NL50, if not ill look to improve my game further and try again, but im not going to give up and move back to NL2 when i feel like im crushing NL25 like it seems you are suggesting.

thanks
      ck
    • CustardKid
      CustardKid
      Bronze
      Sorry battle hunter I misunderstood what you said, yes your probably right maybe I should do the Tankroll Brm and stay at NL25 until I have enough buys ins for NL 50 like $1500 to give myself a decent chance to learn instead of dropping down and getting frustrated and tilting again I think that's good advice thanks