The new HUD

• DrBuster
      DrBuster
      Basic
      I´ve tried out the usual HUD´s Pokertracker and Holdem manager. Both are very complicated and hard to get to work properly or at all. After a long time spent on getting them to work and learning what they display the trial period was over and I simply couldn´t justify paying 100 - 250 bucks compared to the stakes I´m playing.

Couple of days ago I found a free HUD from Jivaro. The HUD started working after the download, it´s graphical so easy to understand but only displays 3 stats. These 3 stats help a lot but after spending many days learning how to use HM and PT properly I´m missing several stats which helped me greatly.

What about you all out there, Is anyone here using this HUD and is it helping? If not do you think only knowing 3 stats would help your game? The stats are VPIP/PFR/AFq.

All feedback greatly appreciated - over and out!
  • 5 replies
    • Thnx4YrLoot
      Thnx4YrLoot
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Personally I cant do without a HUD and it helps no end especially marginal decisions. I also don't believe those three stat's alone are anywhere near enough information. If they are the only three available you probably may as well not have one IMO. Could be wrong. Depends what you want from Poker i guess.

Have you ever tried to get it free rather than just a trial? When i started out years ago - I couldnt justify $100 + for the software so got it free by signing up to a partner room. Think i signed at 888 and the points to achieve the license key were ridiculously low.Sure i got it in a day or two.

Just a thought.
    • DrBuster
      DrBuster
      Basic
      Thanks mate will definitely check it out - and I agree that three stats alone are not enough especially making post-flop decisions. But definitely helps my pre-flop game.
    • jonnyZ
      jonnyZ
      Bronze
      I agree that those 3 stats are not really enough. However, in comparison with no stats at all i still think its a big advantage. You can tell alot about villains general post flop tendensies from VPIP PFR. Those stats tells you what type of opponet you are facing and from there you can at least draw some general assumptions on how he plays post.
    • salfsson
      salfsson
      Basic
      In my option every single state is better than none, the 3 stats you mentioned are far better than none, they give you the overall profile of the player, for example a player with high VPIP and low PFR is more likly to be "fish" than "shark etc. But you need more as well 3b ratio fold to 3b etc, but every single stat matters, but maybe it is good to master few stats then move on and master more.
    • DrBuster
      DrBuster
      Basic
      Thanks guys for the comments all opinions are greatly appreciated.

Obviously since I spent a great deal of time learning how to play with the more complicated HUD´s I feel something missing f.e. 3bets, positional actions etc. But true it´s hard to feel sad when I have at least 3 stats and they are free. Furthemore I don´t experience any lag plus it´s like the HUD is fully integrated to the poker operator which makes multi-tabling easier and more fun.

I would greatly appreciate more feedback!!!