zombie news adware!

• Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      Does anybody know how to get rid of this?
      I've tried all sorts but it's still there.
      I've tried deleting it from my computer myself. I've installed YAC (adware remover) I've deleted firefox and re-installed it and I've deleted firefox altogether and installed chrome but its on chrome also. It doesn't seem to affect IE but who wants to use that? :why: :facepalm:
      Please help me!!! It's really pissing me off now.
      Thank you
  • 6 replies
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Never heard of that. Do you have there any local IT-shop or something like that you could contact. Maybe they have some expert who knows how to remove it.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've always used AVG and occasionally install Ad-Aware to clean up my system if something manages to sneak in.

I also use CCleaner on occasion which I've found to be very good, maybe try these.
    • Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies! `
      I've got it sorted now. I installed a walware remover and it got rid of it.

I had Avast installed which obviously did nothing so I think I will download AVG. I also have iobit complete system care 8 installed which is pretty good at cleaning up my comp (but not from malware)
      Thanks again, take care!
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I would recommend Advanced SystemCare and the Pro version of that. I also have Pro version Avast and Pro version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Great combination.
    • Bullettooth12
      Bullettooth12
      Bronze
      Malwarebytes is what I installed to get rid of zombie news. I tried other ones which did nothing. This seems the best one.
      I really like ASC I've used it for a few years now I even use the mobile version on my nexus7. I might have to think about getting the pro version when I get a bit of money :f_biggrin:
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      I would recommend Advanced SystemCare and the Pro version of that. I also have Pro version Avast and Pro version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Great combination.