6max NL2-NL50 in 2015 - NL10 now - Bogdan here.

• CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      First of all, I wanted to say that my english is not that good. I will use this blog also to improve my english skills.

My name is Bogdan, and I'm playing NL5 SH at this time on Pokerstars.
      I've started playing SH NL about one month ago from a BR of $75.
      I played NL FR before till NL10 but stopped playing for few months and withdraw my BR, and left 150$ into account.
      I started playing again FR, but things did not go well and I withdraw another part of BR. I got the $75 and decided to make the transition to SH.

Started playing NL2. Got a good result after 13.763 hands.
      Graph:

Move to NL5. Played like 37k hands and didn't go well at all. I've stayed at NL5 because I've unlocked a VIP Stellar Reward of 50$.
      Graph:

I will add all bonuses to my BR until I will reach NL25.
      My BR management:
      NL5 - $125 (25 BI)
      NL10 - $300 (30 BI)
      NL25 - $875 (35 BI)
      and so on.

BR now:

Not sure what else to post now.
      Any questions will be great. I'll try to answer them.
  • 89 replies
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Nice will keep an eye out on your progress :f_drink: congratulations on getting your stellar rewards.
      SH = short handed, like 6max?

What main strategy are using is it one you learnt here, or just one you picked up yourself,

Good luck with your challenge :f_thumbsup:
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      Yes, 6 max NL.
      My main strategy is what I have learned from the articles + coachings from here and a book for full ring games. I know I have to study more, but now I only analyze a few hands on forums and watching some videos about poker.

Thanks, good luck to you too.
    • isssean
      isssean
      Bronze
      Good lucky newbie, will keep an eye on you to see how you improve. :f_drink:
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      Well, I hope I improve, thanks.
      Because it will be the holidays in next period I will be more dedicated to study, but I will try to play at least 5000h until January.
      My biggest challenge will be to post in this thread.
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      Today I watched the first video from the 10 Tips to get out of the Micros and I played around 1k hands trying to develop that part of my strategy.
      Didn't go so well, maybe because I don't have enough hands on the regulars, but I was trying to find spots where I can steal more. Overall Steal Success was at 43,6 after 1085 hands played.

I will try to be more incline to steal when I have nits or regs that not defend that much.

Today's graph is kind of a rollercoaster, but it ended on the right side.

#1:
      Vs fish 66/39 in 30 hands with 0 fold to 3B from 1 situation. Kind of agressive, but not that much.
      What would you do when he shoves on the turn ? Or you CB on that flop ?
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $8.37 (167.4 bb)
      UTG: $2.07 (41.4 bb)
      MP: $5.54 (110.8 bb)
      CO: $5.40 (108 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $7.36 (147.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.35, CO folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, MP calls $0.65

Flop: ($2.07) 7 2 K (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.07) 3 (2 players)
      MP bets $4.54 and is all-in, ?????

#2:
      Vs an unknown player, I think a reg. Is playing 18/12 in 86 hands. Preflop maybe it's better a call vs a tight player like him. Flop is nice, bet around half pot to get value from pairs, TJ, AQ, QJ, JK, QK, maybe ever more. I don't like the turn, but I think I have to bet it. Get minraise, don't like that.
      What would you do in this spot ? Call the bet and see what he does on the river ?

SB: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5.74 (114.8 bb)
      MP: $6.54 (130.8 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $4 (80 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A Q
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, SB calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.72) Q Q T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.37, SB calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.46) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.77, SB raises to $1.54, ?????
    • imfar
      imfar
      Silver
      #1 Vs such a player I think you can 3bet a little bit more. Start building big pot from the beginning and bet 1.2$. On this flop - on of the driest possible I thing missing cBet is OK. If it was something more like KJ8r or K75tt I'd bet for value. On the turn with no info about his aggression postflop I'd call, but after 30h and with given VPIP you should have something about AF, AFq or APct. If he is not very passive postflop I'd call.

#2 86hands is not that few to call him unknown =) . Again, how does his AF looks like? From from his gap between VPIP and PFR and fact that he calls 3Bet OOP I'd read that he is not very aggressive. What can he call here? Some medium PP, Broadway, maybe beter SC, say TJs+. I assume that he can pen here ~20 % hands

If this is true than 3Bet preF is ok. You have possition, initiative you beat his range
      equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 60.848% 56.62% 04.22% 94049345 7015804.50 { AdQc }
      Hand 1: 39.152% 34.93% 04.22% 58012534 7015804.50 { JJ-88, AJs-ATs, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AQo-AJo, KJo+, QJo }

On the flop you should bet more. This is hitting his range very well. If he calls you with PP he will fold anyway. I he has weaker Q or OESD he won't fold to 3/4psb.

x/r Turn looks really strong. I don't see many 18/12 players semibluffing here.
      Board: Qh Qs Tc Kh
      Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 44.385% 37.57% 06.82% 562 102.00 { AdQc }
      Hand 1: 55.615% 48.80% 06.82% 730 102.00 { TT, AJs-ATs, KJs+, QTs+, JTs, AQo-AJo, KQo, QJo }

I don't think you can call here. Pot'd be 4,54 and you'll have 2,73 left and he will bet again. It is surprising for me but it looks like you have stack off here. You have more quity than I expected.

Of coures this is just my opinion, I'n not an expert :f_cool:
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      #1 He has an AF% of 36(11), 60(5), 67(3). Does not make sense that he shoves with a better hand that mine, but when the fish make sense with their actions ? I have made the call.
      #2 On that sample I have he is quite passive AF% 33(12), 27(11), 33(9). First thing I thought is not to fold to the minraise, but maybe it's not that bad to fold.

You can call me a "Don't like folding player".
    • imfar
      imfar
      Silver
      #1 If you have 30 hands I think it's better to just loon on AF% on the whole :) those from particular streets won't be accurate enough. But it's clear to me that he is very aggressive. For me it is easy call celebrate =) . If he shows up with a K than... shit happens.

#2 You are right, he is not very aggressive postflop. As I said, I don't see semibluffs in his range. The fact that this is just a min raise doest change much in my opinion. Sometimes you'll win in this spot, sometimes you won't but imo you simply have odds to play for stacks here.

I don't like to fold either :f_smile:
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      Today I went to zoom for 1000 hands to experience more steal strategy. It went well that part of my strategy, but I come across negative variation. I lost with KK vs AA preflop, AA vs AQ w/ a gutshot AI flop, QQ vs AK preflop.

Graph:

That's variance I guess, nothing to do about it.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      subbed gl :f_thumbsup:
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      Thx, you too
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze

SB: $7.01 (140.2 bb)
      BB: $2.22 (44.4 bb)
      UTG: $9.08 (181.6 bb)
      MP: $6.43 (128.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A Q
      UTG raises to $0.15, MP folds, Hero calls $0.15, BTN raises to $0.45, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.42) 5 3 Q (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.70, UTG calls $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($3.52) K (3 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $2.50, UTG folds, ??????

What do you think about this hand ?
      Preflop I misplayed the hand I guess because UTG is a fish and I have to 3B him in order to play with him heads up postflop, especially when BTN is a reg that has a 10.9 3B in 124 hands. As played I guess I have to call the 3B when the fish calls as well.
      On the flop would you have raise ?
      What about the turn ? BTN I think is commited with that bet and I guess I have to fold. He does not seem to be afraid of the flush with that size of a bet, maybe he has one.
    • imfar
      imfar
      Silver
      3Bet preflop that's the first thing. If UTG is a fish, than BTN with you in the pot will be 3Beting rather tight just for value. On the flop you are 3-way and look for at reg's sizing. Not the dries flop and he bets less than half pot with fish still in the game. He either has some draw or hand like AK. I'd raise this flop for value from fish and to pretection against reg. If he raises, you have an easy fold. As played, look at the sizing again over 2/3psb. And now imo you have nothing but nut FD - fold :)

How did you play it?
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      @imfar I folded.

Standard day, like yesterday.

I have tilted in first session, then I have played well, and I did manage to recover from the drop. At the end of the day I ran very bad, or maybe not. I have the hand that maybe I misplayed. And the rest, like 2-3, were mega suckouts.

SB: $4.08 (81.6 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.71 (94.2 bb)
      MP: $6.05 (121 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.46 (109.2 bb)
      BTN: $10.28 (205.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 T
      UTG raises to $0.15, MP folds, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 7 J 6 (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.82, UTG calls $0.52

Turn: ($2.01) 5 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.06, UTG calls $1.06

River: ($4.13) 8 (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.68, Hero calls $2.68

UTG is a fish that plays 43/30, AF% 42/25/31. Can you fold on the river ?
    • imfar
      imfar
      Silver
      I don't really like your raise on the flop. You have FD+GS, so you don't want to play for stacks here. What will you do if he re-raises? It's not a weak tag to bluff raise his cBets. Why would you fold on the river? This is an easy call celebrate. He can bet tons of 2pairs, sets, straights.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Quite disagree with above evaluation. Why SHOULDNT we raise the flop? At the end of the day this hand has a rly decent amount of equity but mind you, is not a made hand by any means. Wether or not its the best line is imo hard to say without more info on his stats. I also don't agree this specific river, after this specific action (big cb, call vs raise, cc turn and db 3/4 river) when mind you, both flush and 1 card straight hits, is a spot to celebrate. Alot of players, and yes also fish, slow down on this board runout. We're not gonna fold, but im also not fistpumping and dancing around in my underwear.

What I do not know, is wether we should be calling this hand preflop in general. Yes, opponent is wide but he's still UTG and very aggressive, we're calling a hand with wich we'll have to make moves postflop successfully in order to make it a +EV call and Imo you're making life a bit hard for yourself.
    • imfar
      imfar
      Silver
      I was thinking if fold preflop isn't the best option here but there are 3 more players left to act and if they are random guys from 5NL than I still want to play this. They can flat here to play with fish in the pot, even OOP. One of them may sqz and with call from another and fish I still can play this. If hero was on the Bu and blinds were nits than I prefer to fold speculative hands like SC, Axs and call with something like AJ+,PP,KJs, maybe KQ depends on his range from UTG.
    • CrushemRo
      CrushemRo
      Bronze
      My action preflop depends on the guys left to act and in this case I have passive players who don't 3B. I think I can speculate with this type of hand against a quite loose-agressive fish.
      On the flop maybe I don't have enough FE to raise the hand, but I have decent equity and if he decided to 3B me then I will shove for sure.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      MP2 61.45% 60.29% 1.16% 33+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, A8o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo
      MP3 38.55% 37.40% 1.16% T9s

This is what I'm trying to say here. Equitywise we're behind his range (I gave him a 24% range which would be fairly accurate assumption of range utg) so you need to have a good PLAN for your postflop play to make it +ev. For example, if he folds alot to raise cb, or if he c/f alot on the turn etc. Otherwise, you're just going to make your life miserable by playing in this spot. And also, if I am on BU, and the blinds are nits, thats the reason why i WOULD consider going into the pot. 3way we have even less equity, and when we do hit straights/flushes with this hand, we're not always ahead either.

That said, if you wanna make your life miserable, then by all means go ahead and keep playing hands like that in spots like these :happy: