Taking one step at the time

• slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      Hi guys and girls.

Let me introduce myself a bit first. I am coming from Slovenia. I am 23 and I am a big sport fanatic... I also play basketball.
      I am already a long time member of PS but this year I decided to share some stuff with the whole comunity (hope it will be interesting)...

I decided to get back to poker around 1 month ago and deposited 60 dollars and start playing nl4 and quickly came to nl6 and I am a bit away of starting to play nl10...

If I am honest I dont have a goal to reach sky high limits or so but I am just taking one step at the time... Of course it would be great if I can one day be reg at the tables such as nl200 and more but for now I am concentrated to play good poker and not be so much result orientated.

I will try and post some interesting things regarding poker of course and also some off topics. Hope u will enjoy reading some stuff here and share some thoughts with me.

Peace out
  • 26 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi slovi3,

Glad you finally decided to introduce yourself. It sounds like you are off to a good re-start and I'm sure that is in large part to your great mind-set.

Many people want to climb the stakes as fast as they can and don't concentrate on playing good poker at the lower stakes where they can afford to make mistakes and learn the game. Those that don't focus on results, and take the time to learn (like you are) are the ones that tend to move up quicker and have more long-term success.

Have you added yourself to the PokerStrategy.com member map yet?

Good luck on your journey and keep up the blog
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      Thanks for welcoming me.

I am trying to play a lot smarter then first time when i start playing poker... And its working. It's really nice to see how you can put some work in and watch some videos, read articles and then all of the sudden you play a lot better. I hope I keep it up.

For now I didnt put myself on map, but maybe I will. Still a lot room for improvement but I am on a right track(I think so) :P

Here is my first graph:

• slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      So a little update... Got really close to start playing on NL10 but as usuall a little cracking came so I am now a little further again from going on next limit...

Sometimes it's frustrating when something like this happens but it's part of poker.... I am a lot more calmer now then I was before. I am sticking to my gameplan which was working until now and will work again soon.

I still hope I can go to next limit before next year and if not then I will set this goal for next year(nothing is lost). I will keep grinding but a lot less until new year because you know it's christmas time.

Update soon,

Peace out
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      Good luck, what BRM are you using?
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      Hello MichFran.

Amm I am using 20 buy ins bankroll... At least to give it a shoot at the next limit... And then if I fall to around 18 BI then i go back to lower limit.
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      So latest update... But first let me wish u all a merry christmas I hope you can all enjoy it with your family and friends cause for the first time in my life I cant be home... But its ok too with my girlfriend and so... I will still enjoy it especially with gifts ;)

So back to poker. Yesterday I didn't play at all, took one day break and also did christmas tree and so on but today i got my first session(well short one, cause I really don't have so much time) but still succesfull one :D

Graph looks like this... Hope I can go on as I think a lot of fishes are generous because is christmas :f_tongue:

Enjoy time...

Happy holidays

Peace out :f_cool:
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      So I am back... Basically I didnt play that much lately but it's normal... Had really good time over these christmas break, did a lot of work for my leg (tore my achilles tendon on basketball practice) so in that regards I am more then happy :f_p:

So I played yesterday, got even closer of going back to NL10...had no really tough spots on cash game, just got value of hand vs fish :D Like it!!

I also played tournament on pokerstars, got there on satelite, and got to money, and then got cracked (I was shortstacked, I shoved AK, two called, flop was AQ10, one bet, the other folded, guy shoved K10, guess what TURN WAS AGAIN 10) I would have around 40-50 BB if it would hold but it wasnt meant to be... Like usual :f_ugly:

Here is my update from cash game yesterday, getting close to NL10

• slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      Ok so basically what my goal was(that i go to NL10, until end of the year) succeded :)

I can say that i played good poker and that I am happy with my tilt control and with my bankroll management. I will give a shot at NL10 next year so basically on 1.Januar...

It was a good month for me from 60 dollars to 20BI for NL10...

I will update soon news and until then my graph for one month from when I started playing again after 1,5 half year of break.

Peace out and I wish u happy new year.
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      So latest update... I played first NL10 session in new year and i must say i am satisfied with how i played... I did lost some money but overall i played good and got bad beaten so I am not mad. Here is my graph from session

Ok so for my goals well I would say I was thinking about it a lot especially how will I fit poker into my active and sports life... I would say that I will try and improve my game step by step and going on higher limits over these months now... My goal is to reach next limit(NL20) in one month. With that I want to keep my calmness like I did until now.

So if I would say it like this:
      GOALS ARE:

-Higher limit in one month
      -No tilt
      -Play smart
      -play some MTT sometime

As for my personal sports goal is to get back on the court as soon as possible... Its the first time that I am sidelined for a longer period and sometimes its tough but I can handle it. I am putting a lot of work to get my leg and body in shape and in the end it will pay off.

Good luck on tables.
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      Hello again!

Ok so I am playing on NL10 and for now I can say that I am on positive zero with winnings... I managed to get some profit then played some sessions bad got down and so I am still on my 20BI bankroll...

I wonder if u can help me a bit if this was ok or should i fold preflop even though is AK? My EV is plus but against this kind of raise and then shove it looks pretty strong...

***** 888poker Hand History for Game 396829299 *****
      $0.05/$0.10 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 10 01 2015 00:15:55
      Table Piracicaba 6 Max (Real Money)
      Seat 6 is the button
      Total number of players : 6
      Seat 1: AslBoy10 ( $13.74 )
      Seat 2: hildesheimer ( $16.41 )
      Seat 4: antoninnnn ( $25.23 )
      Seat 6: tresnjica ( $10.47 )
      Seat 7: maasruler ( $10 )
      Seat 9: 96487249 ( $11.06 )
      maasruler posts small blind [$0.05]
      96487249 posts big blind [$0.10]
      AslBoy10 raises [$0.35]
      hildesheimer calls [$0.35]
      antoninnnn raises [$1.55]
      tresnjica folds
      maasruler folds
      96487249 folds
      AslBoy10 raises [$3.15]
      hildesheimer calls [$3.15]
      antoninnnn raises [$23.68]
      AslBoy10 calls [$10.24]
      hildesheimer calls [$12.91]
      ** Dealing flop ** [ 3s, Tc, Qs ]
      ** Dealing turn ** [ Qh ]
      ** Dealing river ** [ 4s ]
      ** Summary **
      AslBoy10 shows [ Ac, Kd ]
      hildesheimer shows [ 5d, 8d ]
      antoninnnn shows [ Qc, Qd ]
      antoninnnn collected [ $39.31 ]
      antoninnnn collected [ $5.07 ]

Thanks for the help
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      Hello again

Workin my way up on NL10. For now I am pretty succesfull and happy how I play. No tilting (ok sometimes a bit), trying to exploit a lot, and keeping focus all the time.

I had one hand that I played and maybe you can help. I am wondering if I lost value bet on river here?

$0.05/$0.10 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 11 01 2015 07:48:10
      Table Cartagena 6 Max (Real Money)
      Seat 6 is the button
      Total number of players : 5
      Seat 1: AslBoy10 ( $10.37 )
      Seat 2: OgneDeva ( $15.78 )
      Seat 4: powerplay06 ( $12.94 )
      Seat 6: specialkaus ( $2.04 )
      Seat 7: wukong1314 ( $1.92 )
      wukong1314 posts small blind [$0.05]
      AslBoy10 posts big blind [$0.10]
      OgneDeva folds
      powerplay06 raises [$0.20]
      specialkaus folds
      wukong1314 folds
      AslBoy10 raises [$0.85]
      powerplay06 calls [$0.75]
      ** Dealing flop ** [ Qs, 2h, 5h ]
      AslBoy10 bets [$1.40]
      powerplay06 calls [$1.40]
      ** Dealing turn ** [ As ]
      AslBoy10 bets [$2.70]
      powerplay06 calls [$2.70]
      ** Dealing river ** [ 9h ]
      AslBoy10 checks
      powerplay06 checks
      ** Summary **
      AslBoy10 shows [ Kh, Kd ]
      powerplay06 mucks [ Jh, Js ]
      AslBoy10 collected [ $9.65 ]

Thank for the help guys and girls!
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by slovi3
      So latest update... I played first NL10 session in new year and i must say i am satisfied with how i played... I did lost some money but overall i played good and got bad beaten so I am not mad. Here is my graph from session

Ok so for my goals well I would say I was thinking about it a lot especially how will I fit poker into my active and sports life... I would say that I will try and improve my game step by step and going on higher limits over these months now... My goal is to reach next limit(NL20) in one month. With that I want to keep my calmness like I did until now.

So if I would say it like this:
      GOALS ARE:

-Higher limit in one month
      -No tilt
      -Play smart
      -play some MTT sometime

As for my personal sports goal is to get back on the court as soon as possible... Its the first time that I am sidelined for a longer period and sometimes its tough but I can handle it. I am putting a lot of work to get my leg and body in shape and in the end it will pay off.

Good luck on tables.
      LOL take a screenshot of screenshot in paint.exe! This blows my mind!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi slovi3,

When you post a picture of your graph from HM2, you don't need to save it and put it in paint, or even use an imaga hosting site anymore.

Try the following:

To post a graph from HM2 into your blog,

#1 Click 'Save' in the graph as usual, but save it to your desktop space.

#2 Open your blog page where you want to post the graph.

#3 Left click on the graph on your desktop and drag in into your blog post.

#4 Done! Posted like a boss! :s_thumbsup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      How to post a hand into your blog.

#1 Right click the chosen hand

#2 Choose view from the menu, this brings up the Hand Viewer in a new window.

#3 At the bottom right of the Hand Viewer, click the up and down arrow icon. This brings up a list of formats for exporting hands.

Selcet the 'Pokerstrategy' option from the list, wait a second or two and you should get a message telling the hand has been copied to the clipboard.

#4 Just right click in your blog post and click paste.

Again, if you need help just ask.

Best regards,

Mal.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      @Rihard4a,

People - especially our less experienced members - mostly welcome criticism offered in a friendly and constructive manner and are grateful for it.
      Perhaps you could advise slovi3 with the hand he posted given your obviously greater experience and knowledge? I have no doubt he would be glad of it.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Post removed

• slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot gadget51!

Already posted graph like this and its working. Thanks a lot, next time when I have a hand I will try doing it like you wrote it.

Thanks again
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Just this then! :s_thumbsup:

Mal.
    • slovi3
      slovi3
      Bronze
      I figured out the hand stuff too! Like you said I am pretty new to this blog thing and I need to learn!

Step by step you know just like in poker :P

Thanks a lot for help