Sadly, we have to ZOOM and see who has a bigger c***/d***/p****!

• Sadaus
      Sadaus
      Bronze
      Seems fun, it would be very interesting to see how it will go :f_thumbsup:
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      @Sadaus; nice to hear, it's definitely fun for us too :f_thumbsup:

1st official challenge update:

Some good news! PokerStars support apologized for technical issues, my account now is working perfectly with PokerStrategy affiliation, so my bronze status also is here and that means I can post pictures finally!

With that in mind, I played the 4.5 hours session yesterday and collected 10k hands, Mantas finished his 10k today in the morning too and we have some results to show ;)

Justas BR after 10k hands: 41.37$ - doubled up already :s_drink:

Mantas BR after 10k hands: 37.87$ - he doesn't want to let me go :s_evil:

I don't have Mantas graph, but here it's mine:

Now it's time to leave grinding behind and spend some time with my family, Merry Christmas everyone!
    • Sadaus
      Sadaus
      Bronze
      Good to know you solved your issues and we can see some pictures now :f_thumbsup:

If I'm not mistaken, you guys doubled (or almost doubled) your starting rolls in just 4 days. That's amazing.

Good luck, we're waiting for more updates :f_thumbsup:
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      wow, crushing already! Time to move up guys :P
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      @Sadaus; hehe, sure you're not mistaken. The field is very soft and we're running not so bad either :f_cool:

@dannywratten; we didn't set any rules about moving up, so we're free to choose any strategy we want, however there isn't much we can do in nl2, so be prepared for some nl5 action soon :f_cool: I'm personally feeling more then safe with 20+ BI's in nl2 behind me with current BR, so I'm building a 'shot roll' right now. In other words, I'll make the shot with 10$ (2 BI's) when I reach the 50$ BR mark :f_love:

Finally, I'll show you one hand, guys. Don't be like him, even in nl2 :f_ugly:

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $3.30 (165 bb)
      BB: $4.86 (243 bb)
      UTG: $6.94 (347 bb)
      MP: $1.66 (83 bb)
      CO: $4.29 (214.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $3.48 (174 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A J
      UTG raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.51) J K T (2 players)
      UTG folds

Results:
      $0.51 pot ($0.02 rake)
      Final Board: J K T
      UTG mucked and lost (-$0.24 net)

He's playing 8 zoom tables and it seems he can't handle it very well :f_biggrin: Or maybe that's a new meta - donkifold when you miss completely and save some extra time, every bit of volume helps after all :f_biggrin:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Misclick maybe?
      I think that the mistake is cold calling the 3Bet.
      I suspect this is the sort of player who assumes that 3Bets are QQ+ AK+ and calls them with his middle suited connectors and mid pocket pairs. On a flop like :5d: :6c: :9s: they can x/r and take the pot vs such hands some times, hit or not.

Have a great 2015,
      VS
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      @VorpalF2F; he's gonna have a bad time with assumptions like that :f_mad: Still I believe it was just a misclick though, he's playing 8 zoom tables after all, it's not very easy, esp for someone in nl2 :f_ugly:

Quick update:

Almost catched my EV line today. 53,37$ in bankroll. Seems like I'll have 3BI's shot to NL5 tomorrow :f_drink:

And also there is one hand I want to share from today's session. This villain really hates small bets :sifflote:

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $6.36 (318 bb)
      Hero (BB): $7.09 (354.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.48 (124 bb)
      MP: $2.76 (138 bb)
      CO: $3.40 (170 bb)
      BTN: $1.26 (63 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J A
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BTN folds, SB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.08, CO folds

Flop: ($0.22) J 4 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.46) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB raises to $0.38, Hero calls $0.24

River: ($1.22) 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, SB raises to $0.72, Hero calls $0.62

Results:
      $2.66 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: J 4 5 6 5
      SB showed Q A and lost (-$1.32 net)
      Hero showed J A and won $2.57 ($1.25 net)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      good click bait title :)
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Nice read on last hand. Nice blog good luck for your 5nl shot :)
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      @mbml; Haha, I tried to think of somehow catchy title and this popped up pretty fast :f_biggrin:

@iSoOwnYou; Thanks, mate! When he check-raised me on the turn, he made his range super narrow, I was kinda surprised he didn't tried to take the pot OTR, so I had to find a way how to extract some more $ out of his holdings and it worked like a charm :f_biggrin:
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      Quick update:
      Recent 2 days after Christmas was very important challenge wise. Mantas was break-even yesterday and had a loosing day today, so he's still at nl2. On the other hand I ran pretty well in both days, it was not enough for me to just catch my EV line, I even surpassed it today (today's graph is below) :f_love:

Dat feel when you get lucky while taking shot to the higher limit :f_cool:

Things so far looks very good for me. I already have 6BI's in nl5 and it's the first day in the challenge when I can say that one of us has a significant lead :f_drink:

Still, it's 33k hands more to play till the first milestone of 100Eur. Mantas has even more, because he didn't played that much as me in these 2 days. But that's not a reason to don't be happy right now :f_biggrin:

Finally, there is one hand I played in this session.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $20.05 (401 bb)
      Hero (BB): $15.03 (300.6 bb)
      UTG: $18.43 (368.6 bb)
      MP: $6.08 (121.6 bb)
      CO: $6.36 (127.2 bb)
      BTN: $6.44 (128.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB raises to $0.41, Hero raises to $1.10, BTN folds, SB calls $0.69

Flop: ($2.32) T A 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.32) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

River: ($5.32) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.55, Hero calls $2.55

Results:
      $10.42 pot ($0.43 rake)
      Final Board: T A 7 4 5
      SB showed 8 8 and lost (-$5.15 net)
      Hero showed 3 A and won $9.99 ($4.84 net)
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      Had to go to my 9-to-5 today, therefore only played 1.5k hands instead of 2.5k also experienced my first red day after this challenge started... So yeah, I believe the last Monday of the year totally sucks for me :f_biggrin:

Sadly, I can't take a root in NL5. Still have the same 3BI's here. To make things worse, Mantas already climbed up to the point where he can make a shot to NL5 too. My lead has vanished, but it would be even more interesting challenge wise :f_grin: Tomorrow will be a very important day, for the first time in the challenge we'll both play at NL5 :f_drink:
    • krasops
      krasops
      Bronze
      This is fun ! curious to see the fight revealed! :f_thumbsup:
    • webhunky
      webhunky
      Bronze
      Entertaining stuff. Sėkmės grindinant :f_thumbsup:
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Intressting to see how it's going so far. Really wonder how far you will be able to get with your bankroll during the challenge.
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      @krasops; haha, it's definitely fun, especially the part when I'm sending my winning day graph to Mantas xD

His translated and :censored: reaction after I did this today: "What the f***, I'm happy with my first 2$ profit in NL5 and you're showing me this shit, you better hide yourself and go grind to the underground, because if you send something like this tomorrow, I promise, the 2014 would be the last number on your graveyard" :mdr:

@webhunky; thanks! It's nice to see one more Lithuanian in this thread :f_drink:

@RaucheCh1987; yeah, we're wondering about that too, I hope the looser would win at least the amount to pay the bet :f_confused: and the winner... sky is the limit I guess :f_cool:
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      Made a 1.5k hands session today, started break-even for about first 1.1k and then the fun started, lots of all-in pots and as we could tell - fortune is still on my side. I can safely say that the last two days of the year was more then awesome for me and I managed to reach kinda symbolic achievement. I'm ending the year with three digit bankroll!

I hope Mantas was just kidding yesterday, but to be sure, I didn't send him my today's graph :mdr:

Also had two funny spots with AKo vs pocket 4's today, they happened with about 30sec interval :f_biggrin:

SB: $7.53 (150.6 bb)
      BB: $3.63 (72.6 bb)
      UTG: $6.70 (134 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $11.71 (234.2 bb)
      BTN: $5.78 (115.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 2 6 K (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.17, MP raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.33

Turn: ($1.37) T (2 players)
      MP bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

River: ($2.97) Q (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.75, MP raises to $3.55 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.80

Results:
      $10.07 pot ($0.42 rake)
      Final Board: 2 6 K T Q
      MP showed 4 4 and lost (-$5 net)
      Hero showed K A and won $9.65 ($4.65 net)

Very aggressive opponent and the small provocation bet on the river works like a charm :f_drink:

Hero (SB): $6.38 (127.6 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $5.84 (116.8 bb)
      MP: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      CO: $4.78 (95.6 bb)
      BTN: $7.39 (147.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.36, BB folds, BTN calls $0.26

Flop: ($0.77) K K 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55

Turn: ($1.87) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.19, Hero calls $1.19

River: ($4.25) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.10, Hero calls $3.10

Results:
      $10.45 pot ($0.43 rake)
      Final Board: K K 8 J 4
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$5.20 net)
      BTN showed 4 4 and won $10.02 ($4.82 net)

Taking the passive line and trapping aggressive opponent once again. Sadly got a little bit unlucky at the end :badteeth:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, GUYS!
    • Vycka73
      Vycka73
      Bronze
      From 20 to 100 dollars in a week playing nl2-5. This is sicko :spit:
    • htghguuh
      htghguuh
      Silver
      Sets are wrong way ,2 pair wins ,i have had this on ZOOM plenty and have had too fold hands like that plenty
      Why because you lust know the 2 pair on the board has improved the villains chance .the low pairs improving on the river.or had made full house already on a flop with low value hands sucking you out ,
      On a cash table 6 max it don't go that way ,
    • EnjoyThis
      EnjoyThis
      Bronze
      @Vycka73; thanks! but actually, that's not a very big deal, right now I'm on ~11.5bb/100 in nl2 and ~9bb/100 in nl5. That's a pretty nice winrates to have in zoom I believe, but I'm playing just 2 tables. If I would play the same time with 4 tables, even if my winrate would be lower, the profit could be higher. So in other words, you can show even better results kinda easily too :)

@htghguuh; mhm, it was very hard for me to understand what you meant. But as I understood you're questioning my play in the last hand, where I lost to pocket 44's which got improved on the river. By no means, I'm telling that my play was perfect, but I believe I'm extracting the most value against this particular player with this line. As I said, he's very aggressive, if I would just raise him OTF, the huge chance he gonna fold just here, not giving me any more action, on the other hand with my passive line I forced him to make 2 big bets with only 2 outs and there was a very huge chance he could have been bluffed the river too. Of course I stopped for a while when I saw his 75% bet instead of shove, but still couldn't fold here against this particular opponent with trips and best kicker. The only one difference I can see here is raising the turn, but I don't think this would be more +EV, because as I said he's so aggressive and loves to take pots without showing his hand. Also I didn't understand the part of your post where you're saying that "Sets are wrong way ,2 pair wins", what do you mean 2 pair wins? And also why I would care if he made his full house on the flop already? If I would raise him, it's not gonna make him fold, so I'm losing my stack anyway.