Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      MP3:
      $32,60

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , T:club:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,25, BB folds, MP3 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($2,75) 9:club: , 5:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,50, MP3 raises to $3,00, Hero raises to $3,75 (All-In), MP3 calls $0,75.

Turn: ($10,25) 3:diamond:
      River: ($10,25) 3:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10,25

I wonder whether my push was correct in this situation? My pot odds were 3,55:1, but I hit my 6 outs with 3:1. And I might be against a FD.

Should I have pushed directly when I was first to act on the flop?
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Why do you raise ATo from SB meaning you are OOP?
      Isolating on Nl25 is not really recommended nor profitable in my opinion. Especially not with ATo.

As played, conti bet more like $1.75 or $2, with $2 you should go all-in but are you going to invest 20bb in a hand like ATo while the board is drawy?

I give you 5 outs at most therefore, its marginal to cbet here..
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I believe that my ATo is good enough against a MP3 limper with 30 VPIP... ...and another thing, the villain had 100% fold to c-bet at the time of the hand, so I thought c-bet was a must.

However, I do agree I probably misplayed the flop and that's why I post this, so I can learn something new. :)

And I wish to learn about isolation and more advanced moves and I also think I might use them well on NL25, because tables are getting tighter everyday and I think it's mostly due to too many TAG players who learn from PS.com and similar sites. So, when fish come online at the weekend, it's easy to play, but during the week(specially when playing in the european afternoon on full tilt:) ), when mostly good players play I feel like I need to take the advantage in every way I can if I want to make profit and I think with Elephant I can do that even on NL25.

And btw, tnx for replying all my posts. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      With 86 hands, there is no way the fold to Contibet percentage is Accurate and thus Reliable, I tend to use that stat only with 500+ hands

Isolation is mainly done from CO/BU and I am pretty stubborn to Isolate from SB of which you are not in position postflop thus rely on FE only when you want to win the BBs right away.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      When I raise from SB I add 1BB for being oop. That way if I like the board I can donk it all-in. If you are going to add more plays to your book, you better learn how to fold, or you will get beat bad on NL25. Remember, bad players call with middle-low pairs, FD (limping suits is a favorite move for chum, and then chasing it too), small pocket pairs and str8 draws. You dont have enough clean outs to continue this hand, I would c/f and hope to improve. Also, try to play suited hands if they are marginal (AT-9, KJ-T). And MINE STATS, like gerv said, you need large sample sizes, and fulltilt lets you mine 18 tables 24/7
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      fold preflop stick to basic strat thx