Pokertracker hands import slowed down

• KoeNe4U
      KoeNe4U
      Gold
      Hi,

I never had problems with pokertracker hand imports, they were imported the moment I ended the hand... Since 3 days it has become very slow and I don't know why, I still have 10GB free space at hard disk. Can someone advice me on what to do now? Could I delete some of my database hands, without losing stats on the players??
  • 8 replies
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      How are you importing these hands? Are you converting from HM2? Are you importing hands played on a different computer? Are you playing live?

PS: We do not support third party datamined hands unless the site allows datamining, at this time datamining is against the terms and conditions of all sites we support. If you are trying to import datamined hands, we cannot provide support for this - you may have some success, but it is certainly not supported.
    • KoeNe4U
      KoeNe4U
      Gold
      No, i'm just playing on ipoker, while my hands import, but nowadays it is really slow
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by KoeNe4U
      No, i'm just playing on ipoker, while my hands import, but nowadays it is really slow
      Even in the worst of situations it should take less than 25 seconds each hand to import while playing live, which is something you would not notice. Perhaps you're experiencing a different problem and are describing it in a way we do not understand? Is there a delay in reporting your results to the HUD? Is the HUD not updating, and then suddenly adds a large amount of data - only to stop updating again?
    • KoeNe4U
      KoeNe4U
      Gold
      Sometimes I have to wait for half an hour after my session to have all of my hands imported. It takes like 3 seconds each hand, it's already like this for a week and I dont understand why :f_confused:
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      From your description, it is possible that you may have corrupted your database by not updating the databases as required after you installed a new version of PT4. If this is the case, the quickest solution is to create a new database. Our support team will be able to advise if our initial assumption is correct, and if so what actions you should take.

We suggest that you contact our support team at pokertracker.com and submit a support ticket by selecting Support > Contact Us. In the ticket include as much information as possible, and we advise uploading zipped copies of that logs from a session where this problem occurred.

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/general/how-to-submit-a-bug-report
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      If I'm not mistaken reindexing (see Database Managment in the menu) might help you as well, as it helped a friend of mine last week too to finally increasy importing speed again.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by RaucheCh1987
      If I'm not mistaken reindexing (see Database Managment in the menu) might help you as well, as it helped a friend of mine last week too to finally increasy importing speed again.

This is sometimes correct, but not in all situations - if the database is damaged a rebuild may not help. For this thread, we advise the user to let us review his logs so we can determine the cause before any steps are taken.
    • KoeNe4U
      KoeNe4U
      Gold
      Originally posted by RaucheCh1987
      Thank you so much! Pokertracker works fine again! :f_drink: