Gaijin against the Variance!The Roller coaster!

• smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      I want to make introduction as short as possible.

3 months ago i left my family,friends and relatives to start my life from beginning. With few $$ saved up and loan taken from my family i started my new life in Japan. Unfortunaly with the money i have right now i can survive till April so if i want to stay here longer i need to find a job or find other ways how i can earn at least 1k$. As my japanese isn't good right now, i know it's going to be hard to find a decent job and no i don't want to do anything illegal, so the only thing left for me is to finaly man up and invest more time in poker.
      I'm beeing playing poker for a looong time had some good runs, won few k$'s but never took it seriously, even in the last 3-4 years i opened few blogs here in 2+2 and PS but always stopped in the middle when i got my first downswing or didn't win as much as i wanted... I know i have a weak mentality but if i want to really archieve my high ambitious i need to change it and i know that right now is the right time to do it.
      I'm 25 years old, soon will be 26, no girlfriend, my whole life i was kinda miserable because i always thought that i'm not good enough to be rich or be succesful, because i don't have nice looks or because i'm not suitable or haven't born with the right skills to be the best of me, which of course is complete BS. But it's getting better, being here in Japan i'm starting to understand that it's possible to be succesful, it's possible to be that person that i was always dreamed of and i know that if i will stay here i will accomplish everything what i want. You ask why ? Because i'm already here and i never were rethinking my life as often back at home as i'm doint it here in Japan and for the first time in my life i'm starting to convince myself that evertying is possible,haha, never had this kind of feeling before, so it's hard describe.

Plans for poker and other things:

I'm going to play Zoom FR NL2&NL5 8tabling and HU hypers, as i already bought some video packs for hypers my bankroll is only at 150$ but it's enough for starting out.

I'm going to play ZOOM FR at nl2 and nl5 till i'll have 20bi for NL10, so need to win at least 200$, for NL25 i need to win at least 500$...
      For hypers i will move up as soon as i'll win 20bi at the current limit, winning 30$(20bi) at 1.50$ limit, 70$(20bi) at 3.50$ and so on, till i'll move to 30$ tables, than i will decide to stay at hypers 30$&60$ or continiue mixing Zoom with hypers.

If someone want to know about Japan, living there etc. please ask i will gladly answer your questions.

Few years back i wanted to start a youtube channel where i could make some funny reviews, first impressions etc. for games, anime, manga, tv series, movies but never did because i was scared that i'm not good enough to do it or no one will be interested to watch, which of course is silly, so i will start to make youtube videos and i really hope to hear everyones feedback, so please don't hesitate to critisize and give some tips how to make my channel better. Thank you. :)

I will update my blog every 2-3 days but if something interesting will happen in poker, youtube or Japan i will try to update as much as i can.

:club: :diamond: GL&HF:heart: :spade:
  • 32 replies
    • Juglinjugglo
      Juglinjugglo
      Bronze
      im in japan where you live in japan?
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Osaka, you ? :)
    • Juglinjugglo
      Juglinjugglo
      Bronze
      oh tokyo :)
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze

Sorry everyone i really wanted to post some graphs and so on, but tomorrow my friends wanted to go somewhere so i really need to get some sleep otherwise i will grumpy for the whole day :)
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Change of plans, i'm dropping Zoom and going to move to regular Fr tables and reason is because the people in Zoom are so damn tightish that it's really starting to get ony my nerves and the other reason is because HEM 2 is crashing laptop, today in almost 9 hours my pc crashed 2 times, so i'm switching back to HEM 1 and hope to use it till i'll get new pc, or when i'm going to buy more RAM for laptop, so anyway...

Today finally could have my first intensive grinding in poker, even if at one point i was up 30$, it feels nice to play almost 9h, which i haven't done in loooong time, so yeah, tomorrow going to play more and hope for better run. :)

So as i decided, i'm going to stop playing Zoom and going back to regular FR tables, and i'm going to stay there till i'll archieve my goals and the goals are:

Play 100k hands in NL2 ----> if i'm up at least 80$ moving to NL5
      play 100k hands in NL5 ----> if i'm up at least 200$ moving to NL10
      play 100k hands in NL10 ----> Going to decide what i'm going to do, maybe switch to 6max or going to play 2.50$ 180s...

That's why i changed my Thread name to Roller Coaster, because i really don't know what i'm going to play in future...

About HU hypers, even if i bought some couthing pack etc. i think i'm going back to normal HUSNG, need to learn some fundamentals about HU and so on, so the plan for HUSNG:

going to play 250 tourneys ----> If i win at least 35$ than i'm moving to 3.50$

Well that's all for now, it's going to get crazy next week, because there's New Year, My Birthday and a 2 day Trip to Kyoto, so i really hope to finish at least nl2 and HU challenge till than :)

Ahh, and yes, here are some pictures from German Market in Umeda but unfortunattly the food was bad and didn't taste like German food should taste but at least the beer was good, so yeah here're the pictures :) :

39 floor building in Umeda, where the German Market was and where you can go up and see the City from above

Umeda

Umeda Nr.2

German Market in Umeda

German Market in Umeda

Christmass tree in middle of German Market

German Market in Umeda
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze

pffff, the last days were the most intense, it's been a while when i played so much everyday, and to be honest, i very happy with my progress so far. I really don't understand why i just didn't play 6-8 hours few months ago when i was back at home but oh well, i'm feeling nice and want to continue playing like this next year, but unfortunatly school will start on 7th January so i'll have 6 hours to spend on poker, but even than if i will not fuss out and going to play as i was playing previous days than i could easly put in more than 120 hours in poker every month, which ofcourse is insane(in a good way).

Anyway, the last few days were kinda weird, it felt like all the fishy players were already celebrationg new years otherwise i can't explain the reg/nit ratio vs fish at the tables, whenever i 24 tabled on most of the tables there were at least 5-6 regs/nits at NL2!!!!!! it's insane, but i hope that it was just a coincidence and the fishy players will return after new year partying. :)

Anyway i'm very close to Nl5 only 35$ left to win at NL2 and than finaly i can move up without fear or hesitation, will have healty 20bi for it and i think it will be enough to cover all the swings and bad beats.

Today going to celebrate new years in Namba and later, like 7 in the morning will call my family and relatives and going to celebrate another new year at my own homecountry, haha, it's going to be fun. :)

So yeah, i almost finish writing new years resolutin and graphs, schedules for next year, so tomorrow(if hangover will not kill me) i will post everything. :)

So yeah, Happy New Year and let's all have another awsome year in Poker, Life and in all the things that makes you happy :)
      :spade: :heart: Happy New Year:diamond: :club:
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      Hope hangover didn't kill you :f_drink:

Good luck with your challenge this year :f_cool:
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iSoOwnYou
      Hope hangover didn't kill you :f_drink:

Good luck with your challenge this year :f_cool:
      haha, no, got a disgusting japanese virus, was fighting with 38-39 temperature whole weak and even now i'm feeling bad but it's getting better and hope i will not get this thing again... :)

Thank you :)
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Finalyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i beat NL2 and can move to NL5 :happy: :happy: :happy:

Also fuck winter virus, been fighting it for the last 9 days and even if it's getting better it still gives some disgusting side effects, like, whenever i eat rice or meat i want to throw up etc. :rage:

NL2 graph:

NL2 everyday profit/loss:

NL2 BB/100:

Ok so what happened in real life in the last 2 weeks, let's start with New Years:

New Year was boring, they didn't had any fireworks and all the shops were closed, ahhh, this is the last time i'm celebrating new years in Namba, so yeah Osaka is bad for new years.

On 3rd January i had Birthday, turned 26:rage: we had nice meal at okonomiyaki place and later we went to Round 1 to have fun, so it was ok. On 4th January we went to Kyoto for two days, friend's host family invited us all to come to stay at her brothers place, which was hotel(i didn't understand, he owns the hotel or have connections because it was so damn cheap while we had really big room and all the extras) so it was awsome:

Eating hot pot with friend's host family at one of the oldest houses in Kyoto

Shrine

Don't remember the Temple but i'll call it Red temple :)

Snowman in front of kyoto station

Sake barrels

Red temple Garden

So the plan was to eat hot pot with the family and later have a lot of drinking and that's how 4th january ended on 5th we had whole days to ourselfs, so we walked a lot around the place where we were staying, but the only problem was we all felt like shit, so we only went to few places and than we went home. And on that day i got 39 temperature and unfortunatly i had to stay home for whole week and even now i'm still fighting the after effect that virus left. :(

So yeah that's all for now, going to play NL5 and going to play it till i'll get 20bi(200$) for NL10, so i hope to finish this challenge as fast as i can.

GL&HF
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      pfff, completly forgot to write my new years resolution, what is wrong with me :D

I have high hopes for this year so here it goes:

Poker:

:spade: Beat NL2 DONE
      :spade: Beat NL5
      :spade: Beat NL10
      :spade: Beat NL25
      :spade: Continiue playing Fullring or move to 6max or HU
      :spade: Win few k$ in tourneys
      :spade: Start learning PLO
      :spade: Get Supernova at Stars
      :spade: Earn at least 2k-3k$ everymonth
      :spade: Have at least 10k$ bankroll at the end of this year
      :spade: Play at NL100 at the end of 2015 or play MTT up to 30$

Life:

:heart: Meet the love of my life:)
      :heart: lose weight to 80kg(right now i'm close to 90kg but was 105kg 3 months ago,lol at japanese food)
      :heart: Start doing Cardios, 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes would be enough.
      :heart: Save up few k$ so that i can finaly start investing some money in mobile gaming
      :heart: Buy new clothes
      :heart: Buy new pc or laptop
      :heart: Buy ps4(for youtube and twitch)

Youtube and Twitch:

:diamond: Make my first video for youtube
      :diamond: Make my first 10 videos for youtube
      :diamond: Make my first 50 videos for youtube
      :diamond: Make my first 100 videos for youtube
      :diamond: Make my first 250 videos for youtube
      :diamond: Make my first 500 videos for youtube
      :diamond: have my first 10 subs
      :diamond: have my first 100 subs
      :diamond: have my first 1000 subs
      :diamond: have my first 10k subs
      :diamond: Have at least 10 views per day
      :diamond: Have at least 100 views per day
      :diamond: Have at least 1000 views per day
      :diamond: Have at least 10k views per day
      :diamond: Start streaming on Twitch
      :diamond: Have my first follower
      :diamond: Have my first 1k followers
      :diamond: have my first 10k followers

Japan:

:club: Stay here for another year
      :club: Learn 1k Kanji
      :club: Get N3 at JLPT

So much to do :)
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      The pictures from Japan are lovely!
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zanardi1
      The pictures from Japan are lovely!
      Thank you :)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Where are you from? Don't think I saw you mentioning it anywhere. Germany?
      Why did you choose to move to Japan? You are under going to be a lot of pressure paying the high rent there. I Guess if you are from a Western Europe country the prices should be similar I suppose but it would make a lot more sense to move to a cheap Eastern European or South East Asian country (Thailand)

I did attempt the second lowest JLPT a few years back but I failed because I couldn't be bothered to study hard (50/100, 70 to pass). I found Japanese pretty difficult, despite being Chinese. I can recognise plenty of the Kanji but the grammar structure is tough.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Balltas,
      welcome to our BR-challenge and GL!
      Looking forward to your first weekly update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread on Monday!

Should you reach silver status you can get some additional help: w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition)
      btw, what is your exact plan with youtube? I love i.e. this blog about life in Russia: https://www.youtube.com/user/realrussiablog Maybe you would be in for telling us more about life in Japan in a Videoblog?

GL to you!
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Where are you from? Don't think I saw you mentioning it anywhere. Germany?
      Why did you choose to move to Japan? You are under going to be a lot of pressure paying the high rent there. I Guess if you are from a Western Europe country the prices should be similar I suppose but it would make a lot more sense to move to a cheap Eastern European or South East Asian country (Thailand)

I did attempt the second lowest JLPT a few years back but I failed because I couldn't be bothered to study hard (50/100, 70 to pass). I found Japanese pretty difficult, despite being Chinese. I can recognise plenty of the Kanji but the grammar structure is tough.
      I'm from Latvia :) Well, i really got tired living back at home and decided that i should move somewhere, as i already was living in Denmark for one year i decided that i want to go somewhere far away and it took me 4 years to decide between Japan ar Korea but somehow i liked Japan more than Korea, so yeah, simple as that :)
      mmm, yeah, you need at least 1500$/month to have a decent life here but sure if you compare to Thailand it's much more expensive. Yeah Japanese is very hard, because all the verbs sounds so similar that sometimes it takes like 5 minutes to remember which verb is the right one :D Nice, at least you tried to get N2 because my friend took it last year and failed miserably :D even if he's been studying japanese for 5 years :D This year i want to get at least N4 but let's see how the japanese language will go because i'm really bad with languages... Kanji are easy and fun to learn/use/read but yeah grammar is so damn annoying and i know that sooner or later i will just say "fuck it" and will find a japanese girlfriend and will only concentrate on conversation :)
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      Hi Balltas,
      welcome to our BR-challenge and GL!
      Looking forward to your first weekly update in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread on Monday!

Should you reach silver status you can get some additional help: w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition)
      btw, what is your exact plan with youtube? I love i.e. this blog about life in Russia: https://www.youtube.com/user/realrussiablog Maybe you would be in for telling us more about life in Japan in a Videoblog?

GL to you!
      Sup :)

thank you, i'm happy that you guys made this challenge :) sorry, my account isn't connected to Stars so it impossible to get silver on this account :(

Well my main goal for youtube is to make Reviews/Worth a Watch etc. for Anime,TV series and Japanese films. Also wanted to make new series about Japan, like Awsome Japan(showing all the good stuff, like, festivals,food etc.), Silly Japan(like there is a vending machine that sell used women underwear etc. :D ) and WTF Japan(2 months ago i read that one japanese company started to sell perfume that smells like highschool girl excrement :f_o: ) so yeah, a lot of stuff to make videos about :)

Well i'm not a big fun of VBlogs but i will start making videos about Japan very soon, first need to beat Procrastination :)

Thank you
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Mehhhh, This week was awful, had disgusting virus, school was annoying and didn't make any youtube videos :rage:

but anyway

Get Rich or Die Trying Challenge:

Week 1
      Hands: 15241
      Starting BR: $224.60
      Finish BR: $213.56
      Profit: -11.04$

Well i only have played NL5 for 11h so it's hard to call it a week but anyway, run like shit, River was my worst enemy and was fighting with Procrastination...

But it's getting better, Virus is gone, next week going to play poker more because i want to clear Stellar reward(46% done) and also got Ultimate Challenge Bonus for 102$ so need to clear that too. Also i know i'm beating NL5 and i just need to continue playing my game and sooner or later i will beat it, so no worries there :)

Also friend helped me to make my Twitch channel, so next week i'm going to start streaming games, like hearthstone and some other games but first i need to buy a cheap headphone and than i'm ready to go.
      Also next week finaly i'm going to make and upload my first video :happy: can't wait to hear other people feedbacks etc.

So yeah, School/Poker/Twitch/Youtube, no more time for Procrastination :)

GL&HF
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Fuck January, really one of the worst months ever. :rage: :rage: :rage:

Week 2
      Hands: 28326
      Starting BR: $213.60
      Finish BR: $177.62$
      Profit: -35.98$

I really don't know what the hell is happening, can't win anything, playing my best game but still getting raped by everyone, ehh, but still i need to continue playing otherwise i'll have to leave Japan, so yeah getting a little depressed cause i was beating NL5 with 8bb/100 in more than 200k last year but now it feels like getting 5bb/100 is impossible...

Anyway, going to stop playing Fullring and i'll go back to 6max and see how it goes.

So this week i finally started streaming on Twitch and to be honest it was fun but the only problem is it's hard to talk all the time especialy for someone who first language isn't english, but i liked it, so going to continue doing it . :)
      About Youtube, well unfortunatly i was an idiot, instead of staying home and start making script and recording a video i went out and had fun, and spend most of my money :D i really should stop it otherwise i will run out of money pretty fast and the Japanese dream will end much sooner than i expected.

And last thing, yesterday friend invited to a party and met an awesome girl, we talked a lot and for suprise we had many things in common, we like one particular band and song, she's into DJ for almost a year etc. And for a long time i really met someone who had the same hobbies as me and to be honest i really want spend more time with her but the problem is don't know if she's interested in me at all, because i wasn't the only foreigner in the party and even if we chatted a little on facebook after the party i feel like i'm bothering her dunno, weird feeling, but yeah it seems i shouldn't expect much from it but anyway let's see how things will work out this week.

Ok that's all for now, hope this week in poker will be much better. :)

Gl&HF
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      Will follow fellow latvian! :)
      good luck at 6max tables!