kaf story - An Addictive Pokerplayer does Blogging~

• krasops
      krasops
      Bronze
      yO--Word up pokerstrategy Fellas.

I'm just in createyourpokerblog MOOD sitting in my couch-surfing from Mitilini - a greek Island that i pointed it out here in the map :) ----

~SHORT INTRO~

early stages till june 2014

Have to admit that Im fucking addicted with poker. I learned about it somewhere in 2010-11 - just the rules - loling around in lol funzynga sites.
      My main concern is that i have blockers in my poker carreer. Main blocker in that time was University :( .. Im a person who getting very maniac with something when it comes to learning something , especially when the new thing includes so many different skills to be masterED :) .. So coinflippED UniversityVsPoker ( lololol ) thing and focuced to finish Electronical Engineering..

Lucky for me in that period I was an onetimePaysafe guy - depositing @ stars 2x10euros or smth - grinding some tours ...2.5$ - 180man mainly and LuckshotED some micro-mmts to end up with this ..

June 2014 - A cash gamer is meant to be borned

June 2014 ...im almost 95% done with my Thesis in Wireless Sensor Networks ( :P ) and finally have time to grind happily.. in that time i was ready to put my finger inside the cash game world. With smth about 100-200bucks started to taking it very seriously -- studing - - playing -- restudying ---breaking --- refocusing ---- regrinding - -- -- U KNOW the drill :P ... so my poker carreer arises UNTIL i meet my second Blocker
      in November 2014. My whole results till there is like that .. ( Τετάρτη 11 Ιουνιου means Wednesday 11 June )

=November 2014 - kaf Goes to Army

As you probably u dont know , here in Greece - every male HAVE TO serve the army for 9 months .. So in my 24 years as a human being i pressed 'sit out next bb' :( :) @ tables and backpacked everything to travel to Athens for the Greek Army needs. After the basic 15 days and another half month of training in radars im back in Homestown( Mitilini ) free to serve the next 8 months here .. So this means that i should have some little time for semigrind few bucks :)

~Bankroll Management Policy~

(i came up with this safe plan after 1k +)

****-1000$ -- Safe Stage --

****1000-2500$ -- Tricky Stage --

****2500-5000$ -- Shark Stage --

****5000-10000$ -- LeavingTheDream Stage --

Ok looks nitty at first but let me explain some clarifications to be clear for every1

-When i have 100bi's for the x stake then x stake is the REGURAL STAKE
      -REGURAL STAKE is the stake i grind the most of my sessions
      -When i am in x stage i can shot max 2 stages further ( stop loss :3 bi )
      -I can micro-cashout whatever amount i want in the territory of the
      stage

For example, Now im on Tricky Stage , I have about 2.200 $ roll and my regural stake is NL10
      but i have shotted successfully nl25 and continue mixing things with some nl50 etc... This goes up and down in stages /stakes
      + i can grind my regural stake if im not in mood or having brutal -10 bi swings in shotstake etc + i have some extra cashouts without harming my regural stake.

~Final Words~

I thing that covers some starting things from me .. Im back @ Mitilini from 18 December so i have grinded a little ( 13k volume ) so i will update when i have more with thoughts and opinions. I dont want this to be report/results thread so be ready for study posts!
      Hope YOU grind happily,
      Yours kAfRiNiUs < -- ( screename lol )
  • 9 replies
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Just a quick question, how long to get to $200?

PS doesn't load properly on my machine so cannot play there.
    • krasops
      krasops
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      Just a quick question, how long to get to $200?

PS doesn't load properly on my machine so cannot play there.
      Its not my initial br management policy..
      I came up with this safe plan after reaching 1k + .. i started about 150 -160$

I edited up in my initial post :)
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi krasops, great first blog entry and interesting bankroll management plan.

Hope you get to :s_biggrin: -stage soon! Good Luck!
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hey krasops!

100 bi's for a regular limit looks like a very conservative BRM. For example, my BRM is based on never playing a limit with less than 40 bi's for it, and taking 4 bi's shots at the higher limit when grind 44 bi's for that higher limit. With your bankroll my regular limit would be NL20/NL25 and would take shots at NL50. Maybe you are missing some value with playing NL10 with that bankroll.

Wish you the best of luck! Subed!
    • krasops
      krasops
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      Hi krasops, great first blog entry and interesting bankroll management plan.

Hope you get to :s_biggrin: -stage soon! Good Luck!
      Hey There Ramble!
      Ευχαριστώ Πολυ means Thank You Very much @ Greek :-)
      I'm started reading your thread too,Wish You optimal moves everywhere.

Originally posted by Alleen86
      Hey krasops!

100 bi's for a regular limit looks like a very conservative BRM. For example, my BRM is based on never playing a limit with less than 40 bi's for it, and taking 4 bi's shots at the higher limit when grind 44 bi's for that higher limit. With your bankroll my regular limit would be NL20/NL25 and would take shots at NL50. Maybe you are missing some value with playing NL10 with that bankroll.

Wish you the best of luck! Subed!
      yo Alleen86,
      First of all i want to say a big TY for your job and your whole study effort in w34zel's walk through. I'm grinding with your excel parallel with the tables :-)

I can understand what are you saying but my plan it's not exactly a pure bankroll management for poker ,
      It's more like a safe business plan. Let me explain this..

When you have 100 bi for a regular stake u can

1) Invest(training sites,coaching,books,staking,trying other formats) in poker without harming the bankroll
      2)Learn Variance Without Busting
      3)Work Tilt Effectively
      4)Try Different Strategies More Easily
      5)Do shots feeling comfortable
      6)Have micro-cash outs

All this come up to me after some not so good run @ shots -break even ages - tilting sessions..

Anyway, Im reaching close to 30k hands in my Army free period through 18 to 30 December...
      I will post tomorrow my progress/results/thoughts...Have fun @ grinding fellas
    • krasops
      krasops
      Bronze
      So here comes the update.

WITHOUT POKER IN THE PAST WITHOUT POKER IN THE FUTURE

As you may saw i had to play poker from mid-november , so it was kind of a bet for me. The happy thing is that im back in my hometown so mixing poker with good social environment is something that helps of course. In order to emphasize in some thoughts i categorized the report in 3 timelines.

Graph 18 - 30 December 2014:

by Days

by Stakes

18 - 24 Dec : crushthemALL FEELING

The first 2k hands i started with some nl10 - just to be in my zone... Nothing special .. nl10 seems the same soft territory with many funplayers.The surprise come to nl16 ... Guys nl16 is maybe the softest stake now in stars.. OK .. Maybe i run super hot in there.lololol But i think it's a good stake-stop before you do the nl10 - nl25 jump. I continued my days mixing nl25 - nl16 with a very good short run-out.... In about 7k hands i was already in mood to do a nl50 session. I had this crushthemALL feeling and i didnt table select , just ctrl + s and open tables -- In fact the fishes are less but that isnt an excuse to not trying to find a good table[mistake1] As you see on the graph the nl50 shot is a Bungee-Jumping line in the white circle ... this was a DON'T GO AWAY session...A Lock-down in my room and regrinding the losses from nl50 :) :) --- i was happy cause i watched my tables more carefully and with a little luck i come backed !

Well maybe it wasnt lucky @ all --- Some WTF-HIGHLIGHT hands
      http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/12223837_B8A0CD16A9
      http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/12233420_51879C4B32

26 - 27 Dec : Winter HAS COME!

Had a very good Christmas holiday with everything +socialEV included expect poker :-) So after my head was cleared i started 26 Dec will the happy crushthemALL feeling playing good poker,table select ok.. BUT the poker gods weren't with me in that phase.... What you can do ??? The only thing u can do is to keep taking optimal decisions as much as your knowledge allows. As for mistakes i have to dig in the hands. As far i remember i made some wrong tilt sizes preflop with premiums and some tilting sizing's again post-flop with made hands.[mistake2]

Two hands describing the hard Winter
      http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/12280856_B3DE63F7F5
      http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/12264719_20FF21B198

28 -29 Dec The questionable Comeback

28 Dec was my best day .... Everything worked ok - - the made hands paid by second best hands so I haven't a sad story from this day :) --- 29 Dec was a question for me..... I have left with 500vpps for 50$ and starting making rakeback grinding ... By rakeback grinding i mean zoom + regular tables ... Something im NOT used or good at all [mistake3] ... Fortunately i cut this tragedy early(-4.2 25nl bi) and keep playing my regular tables - table selecting - 4-8tabling -- etc.... I made my decision and im not going to loose my heart and roll grinding vpps. So i ended up regrinding a Little as u can see on the point the green line stops ;) ......

Finally

Tomorrow i'm back to army ( its 5 min with car from my house ) so i want to see how the things will go and my main purpose is to mix my poker thing with it. I will try to database review all hands and post some thoughts on them..... Till the next update - happy grinding and
      CRUSHTHEMALL IN A NEW HAPPY 2015 YEAR!
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      Wraios...Keep grinding bro.GAMATOYS OLOYS
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      saying hi and subscribed, interesting blog title, will read properly when i'm not playing :)
    • krasops
      krasops
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mon3yMaChin3
      Wraios...Keep grinding bro.GAMATOYS OLOYS
      Hello Mon3yMaChin3- Happy to see someone from my country .. Thank you and GL in your Poker ;)

Originally posted by iSoOwnYou
      saying hi and subscribed, interesting blog title, will read properly when i'm not playing :)
      Greetings my friend... Thanks -- starting reading your blog too .. crush them all in 2015 ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lets Summarize my month.

JanPokerCalendar

JanbyDays

JanbyStakes

As you can see i have got only 9 days of pure poker ( 2 of them was <1k hands - lol to count them i know ) and the other was Army thing... My only simple goal until August is mixing poker with army... So I'm OK with this volume as the situation allows me...I have played some mtt's and got some action from mtt players too....My plan for February is continue playing nl16-nl25 and some nl50 until i hit something about 60-80bi for nl50 to start play nl50 regularly :f_drink:

I'm leaving you with posting some hands i get involved in January ..... Until Next update hope you ALL grind With Fun :f_thumbsup:

1) http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/12663435_97DE16A643

2) http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/12660183_F73B3C3AD1

3) http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/12659819_4DEE9F6187

4) http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/12659445_212B285098