Be warned unreliable service - got refunded though

• avanbuiten
      avanbuiten
      Basic
      All,

Just a warning that Coral poker service has been very unreliable past few days and that if you find yourself having paid to enter a game but unable to play due a problem on their part, they are unlikely to refund you. In fact they will just give you a stalling line and hope you go away. This has happened to me twice now. See both of my online transcripts below.

I guess the thing that really annoys me is there was a few days gap between both these exchanges, yet they still haven't fixed the problem or issued a warning in the interim. I have anonymised the Coral Reps name.

For both I am lodging formal complaints, and will take to their regulator if they don't do the right thing.

**** First Exchange ****
      Thank you for wanting to chat live at Coral.co.uk!

Simply enter your query in to the box below and we’ll be with you shortly.
      avanbuiten: I'd like a refund for tournament 842627892. Your server was unreliable and I was unable to play
      avanbuiten: is anyone there?
      Coral Rep: Hello. Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Support, your speaking to Coral Rep. How can I help you?
      avanbuiten: I'd like a refund for tournament 842627892 as I was unable to play due to server unreliability
      avanbuiten: your server - thanks
      avanbuiten: i expect quite a few people have been in contact already
      Coral Rep: We are aware that some technical Issues, our Poker Management Team have been made aware of this and we are awaiting feedback on if and when they will be re-instated .We apologise for any inconvenience this matter may be causing.
      avanbuiten: That's not really an acceptable stance to take - if you cannot provide a reliable service you shouldn't allow customers to play
      avanbuiten: it's an easy decision - they shouldn't be procrastinating
      avanbuiten: please provide details of your regulator so that i may make a formal complaint in writing
      Coral Rep: Please be advised that all formal complaints must be made in writing to the following address: Customer Support Department, Glebe House, Vicarage Drive, Barking, Essex, IG11 7NS.
      avanbuiten: that's not your regulator's address
      avanbuiten: this is a complaint to you in writing. Now I am escalating it to the regulator.
      Coral Rep: in order to raise a complaint to them you first have to raise a complaint with us or they cannot investigate the issue
      avanbuiten: OK, I am raising it now
      Coral Rep: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
      avanbuiten: how will you respond to my complaint, can you provide me with a reference number
      Coral Rep: once the complaint has been received you will be contacted by the complaints manager via post
      avanbuiten: this is the complaint - you must have done some treating customers fairly training. Law states a customer doesn't need to write to make a complaint. this is complaint and you need to accept it. otherwise it's two complaints. one for the bad server, and an
      avanbuiten: another for not treating customers fairly
      Coral Rep: I understand sir and this will be logged on your account as a complaint however the correct procedure above needs to be followed in order to raise the complaint
      avanbuiten: OK, I will be following the "correct" procedure for both of my complaints.

*** Second exchange a few days later - different game *****

Thank you for wanting to chat live at Coral.co.uk!

Simply enter your query in to the box below and we’ll be with you shortly.
      Coral Rep: Hello. Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Support, your speaking to Coral Rep. How can I help you?
      avanbuiten: Can you refund me fot tournament 842806497 as kept getting disconnected as did many others playing same game, except one player who didn't who stole all my blinds
      Coral Rep: We are aware that some technical Issues, our Poker Management Team have been made aware of this and we are awaiting feedback on if and when they will be re-instated .We apologise for any inconvenience this matter may be causing. As regards to refunds we need to wait for Poker to give us a response about this.
      avanbuiten: if there are issues why aren't you advising people before they start a game?
      avanbuiten: isn't it a bit irresponsible to allow people to play when you know you cant provide a proper service?
      Coral Rep: the service is intermittent and not affecting all players
      avanbuiten: OK, I will post this on a public forum and do your job for you. Clearly you have no intention of refunding anyone and are just giving everyone the same line. I know it's effecting more than a few people because I can see them all sitting out.
      avanbuiten: I believe that transparency is the best policy
      avanbuiten: thank you and have a nice day
      Coral Rep: Thank you for contacting Coral Customer Service today. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to chat with us again. Enjoy your time on Coral.
  • 6 replies
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Bronze
      Yeah this is/has been true for the whole iPoker network, I can't even log in now, I got kicked out when I was playing the 100k depo freeroll ITM, + been in a few cash tables, if it goes like this I will have to quit playing on iPoker.
    • rompas
      rompas
      i havent been playing much during christmas but when i did play it was without problems, but today its terrible with alot of login and disconnection problems,, ,, i dont play at coral poker but where i play its normaly no problems to get a refund
    • avanbuiten
      avanbuiten
      Basic
      I got a refund for one of them, waiting to hear back about the second. They basically told me not to bother with the online help but just email them directly in the future. Interestingly they said ipoker stated there were no problems, not sure ipoker is being honest with them - i expect there is a cost for ipoker if they admit negligence? Will let you know how the second claim goes. I don't think i'd ever play a high stakes game on ipoker again, €30 is easier to refund than €1,000 which i've played before HU. If no one can admit it's their fault then you are reliant on goodwill which i suspect has a limit.
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I've not played much on ipoker at all because of these issues.

The very least they should do is have a pop up warning message when you log into the client saying "We are currently experiencing technical issues, players may encounter problems. Play at your own risk"
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      iPoker being unreliable and unstable?

Fuck. Who would have thought?
    • avanbuiten
      avanbuiten
      Basic
      I got the second refund so can't complain too much now - the process seems to work in the end.