> MOVING DOWN.. Beating Nl2!

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Hey guys,
      My work ethic with poker has always been,.. well lets just say i haven't really had the patience for it. To see the bigger picture.
      I was playing NL10 (breaking even over like, 50kish hands?) Which isn't too bad, and i know it isn't even that many hands when it comes down to it.

So i decided to withdraw leaving just 7$ in my account and start afresh. I never actually worked my way up the ranks, i just deposited straight up to play NL10.

So after playing NL2, i think it's safe to say i can actually beat this limit! Which i'm actually pretty proud of, despite it being the lowest. So to anyones whos playing the micro micro's like myself, i hope this graph motivates you!

:f_drink:
  • 8 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      My aim was to put in 100k hands at NL2, but since i've been quite successful i've decided to move up to NL5 with a 50$ BR.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Awesome dude - sometimes moving down to give you that confidence boost can do wonders. Good luck at NL5!
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Thanks alot !:f_biggrin:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by DecMate
      My aim was to put in 100k hands at NL2, but since i've been quite successful i've decided to move up to NL5 with a 50$ BR.
      Well done DecMate,
      Don't be surprised if you have to move back down once or twice before you get a solid hold on NL5.

But you've proven you can do it -- so DO IT!

Best of luck,
      VS
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Thankyouu :)
      My new aim is to put 100k hands in at NL5 now, i'll post some progress ^
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      nice work! nice blog :) good luck :f_drink:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Helloo everyone!

I literally abandoned this goal because of IRL stuff, but i'd like to announce, IM BACK!
      My goal is still to play 100k hands at NL5, and im putting aloadd of hands in. This is my graph so far:

It's really not going good whatso ever, i'm not too sure if it's purely bad play or what, but i'm putting in 100k hands before looking back and worrying. To say im almost at the 50k mark and i dont have any signs of profit, is not a nice feeling, but i've seen worse graphs and i've seen good comebacks. This week i've played has actually been in profit, and i've actually adjusted my game from a standard NIT to being alot looser (up to ~16 VPIP and ~12 PFR) because everyone is pretty tight, and most players are completely ABC.

Wish me luck, also, post your own graphs and let me know how you're doing! i wana be motivated and inspired! And if anyone plays the same limits/format as i do, send me a PM and we can sweat sometime :f_drink:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I've decided to move down to NL2 yet again, as you can see from the graph above i got completely owned at NL5. Here is my graph for NL2 so far:

So i've pretty much hit the 50k hand mark and appear to be crushing NL2 FR Zoom ( 7BB/100 :f_biggrin: ), but what i'm wondering is, what the f*ck am i doing so wrong at NL5 to be losing that bad, yet winning so well at NL2?
      Post me any tips you might have about NL5, its P'ing me off!