I dont like some qiz questions

• miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      Today i was trying to help my friend past qiz coz his english is very bad ... but i was realy disapointed... there is new qiz but some question are realy brainless or can have 2 ansver depending style you play or missing data...

questions like :1. can you always win in poker? No,yes i can, yes
      2. (14-28bb)player call but didint raise you holding 44..what should you do? (where is your position??)
      3. few question that there are 2 right posibilitis ... for exaple: tight charts saying you that you should fold/limp ... icm told you you should push or raise

maybe im wrong but i think i can write here my opininon
  • 10 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      You need to check out the site rules, I believe it clearly says you cannot share quiz answers with someone - that is to say, help someone do the quiz. On the other hand, I kind of agree that some questions are stupid :P

But still... why should you push according to ICM with 14-20bb? Im not a SnG player but still, I thought ICM was for the push or fold stages..
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      sry .. my fault there was call,raise,fold ... if somebody limps at late position for example CO3 ... and you are in Button with 44 .. i think you can blind steal or make sqeez play..

im not sharing anything .. he lives in my room at colage ... and i was translating him sentenses ... i will teach him how to play dont worry :D ... but i was realy suprised/tilted that i cant beat some stupid qiz and i think im better then starting player :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi miskokvo,

You clearly state that you failed 3 times in a row. Which tends to suggest that you were aswering the questions also. I however don't have the authority to comment on the matter any further. I'm sure someone with higher authority than me will reply here.

heres the link for the glossary - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/

Look up on what a squeeze play is. You don't have the option to squeeze here, unless i've misunderstood what you've wrote.

I also haven't seen the latest quiz. But i'm sure it has been made and reviewed by quality poker players. Therefore I very much doubt that there is any errors. There may be marginal situations, but I highly doubt that there is 2 possible correct answers.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      18/20: You have a pair of aces in your hand. The flop is a queen and two eights. What hand are you holding?
      A top pair
      An overpair
      A full house

LOl tell me if im stupid but i think you holding 2 pairs (with overpair)

whatever... i think there are a lot of stupid questions ...better will be for exampl to simulate 100hands and to pass qiz u should score 95% for exampl..

of course im helping him to ansver question he is living with me in same room and his english is bad ... try to think before you caling me cheat or whatever.. or you think that platynium member needs to cheat to get 10$? roflol ... i have only 5 friends playing poker via ps... i lost far more than 10$ by time teching them to be better poker players and make some money to pokerstrategy

i dont care anymore ... ps will lost one new player... it is no my problem but yours... if u telling me that i cant help i will not help him.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello miskokvo,

Thank you for feedback on the quiz questions. These are not new questions though - but old ones. The new questions are already finished but won't go online until the new SNG basic articles are released.

On the topic of helping other players with the quiz - the rule is implemented to prevent players from passing the quiz without having sufficient knowledge of the game (so without having read the articles). It doesn't make sense for players to start playing with real money if they do not have the needed poker knowledge to play with it. If you are only helping him with understanding the questions (so with English) and he understands the concept then its on the borderline to ok - but essentially its preferred if members can pass the quiz on their own.

Best of luck to you and your friend.
      Regards
      SoyCD
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by miskokvo

of course im helping him to ansver question he is living with me in same room and his english is bad ... try to think before you caling me cheat or whatever.. or you think that platynium member needs to cheat to get 10$? roflol ... i have only 5 friends playing poker via ps... i lost far more than 10$ by time teching them to be better poker players and make some money to pokerstrategy

i dont care anymore ... ps will lost one new player... it is no my problem but yours... if u telling me that i cant help i will not help him.
      Hi,

I was just going to leave this, but I wont.

1st off, You clearly said you tried and failed 3 times. I was just stating the truth. If I wanted to call you a liar, I would. Believe me. But, I noticed you edited your post 2 times, the last one being today. So dont give me any of this shit! You know what it said. END OF!!

2nd, Being a platinum doesn't prove anything. There is diamond players here, who are loosing players. Again, being platinum doesn't mean your invinsible and can stop learning. As I said, look up what a squeeze play is, in the glossary.

3rd, Whats my problem? I merely stated what you previously wrote (and have now edited). So please don't start spouting the odds. I am just another normal member who decides to help out on the forum. I don't appreciate being abused by people and wasting my time, when I could be earning money and playing.

Last but not least, I never ever called you a liar. But editing your 1st post says alot. I have helped you out alot in the past in the SnG sections, and abusing me isn't a nice way to say thankyou.

Favourite quote of mine - I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe you.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      cannell555: im sorry.. i was thinking that you will ban me coz i helped player with qiz .so i turn into defense mode.. ps i made platynium with starting capital...
      SoyCD: oki i will not help friends to make qiz
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      18/20: You have a pair of aces in your hand. The flop is a queen and two eights. What hand are you holding?
      A top pair
      An overpair
      A full house

LOl tell me if im stupid but i think you holding 2 pairs (with overpair)

I know i'm not as experienced as you but in the guides i can remember from when i took my quiz the answer to this is cleary stated, you do not technically have 2 pairs as the 8's are on the board and are not you're own, you technically have 1 pair, you can interpret this and the other questions as you like being a platinum player but remember the quiz is for beginners so they would'nt be expected to know advanced plays for the other questions anyway, only the answer that is in the guides which is more or less word for word as is in the quiz.

Same with question one about always winning at poker, that answer is clearly given in the guides, i don't mean to sound rude or anything and i know you're a better player than me being platinum and all, just giving my opinion as a reletively new member, and i know it's not my place to say but if he can't understand english then why doesn't he join his own community and take the quiz in his language? i don't know french but i'm not going to join the french community and get help from a fluent french speaker. Again, i don't mean to be rude, just using obvious examples to my opinion on the matter
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      gaz639: nice post... you have right in everything but im (and my friend) is from Slovakia, and there is not slovak/czech comunity ... he is learning english as main forgein language but he is not able to translete guides articles
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      gaz639: nice post... you have right in everything but im (and my friend) is from Slovakia, and there is not slovak/czech comunity ... he is learning english as main forgein language but he is not able to translete guides articles
      ah i see now fair point then i understand now, i just assumed there would be a community for you and your friends native language, i wish your friend good luck then in passing the quiz and maybe in the future ps could translate slovak/czech and get another community up and running if that if financially possible and worthwhile