Pocket 4s, all in

• hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I just watched something I don't understand yet, 2 guys, guy 1 $10 guy 2 $7 on an NL4 4 players 6 max table it went raise, raise, call, flop 568 all off suit, bet, raise, call, turn 9, bet, raise, raise, all in, all in, river 7, loser AQo, winner 44, winner made the initial raise, can someone explain please!
  • 6 replies
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Well some stats on the players would have been nice. But perhaps villain (A) with pocket 4s thought villain (B) has a very tight opening/3-betting range with a lot of high cards in it (and ofc some overpairs too).

So he sees the low flop with his gutshot and thinks that even against the case that villain is holding an overpair he still might be able to bluff him off or hit one of his 6 outs to a set or to the straight.

But that's just one idea... like I said without some stats it's really hard to say what they where doing there ^^ perhaps they just both suck ;) and one guy thought "omg I got a pair" and the other guy thought "oh it's AQ that's almost as good as AK so I will win pretty sure" ^^
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      Hi,
      I just watched something I don't understand yet, 2 guys, guy 1 $10 guy 2 $7 on an NL4 4 players 6 max table it went raise, raise, call, flop 568 all off suit, bet, raise, call, turn 9, bet, raise, raise, all in, all in, river 7, loser AQo, winner 44, winner made the initial raise, can someone explain please!
      Hi, hardlife66
      OK I'm confused along with you,

Position is really important.
      Raising 44 in any position is not a bad thing most of the time, and 4-handed it almost always a good hand to raise.
      AQo is an OK 3Bet too.
      The rest is just two deep stacks trying to out-bluff one another.

Now what *really* gets me confused is the fact that the board is :5x: :6x: :8x: :9x: :7x:
      AQo had a 7-high straight. 44 also has a 7-high straight.

There should not have been a winner and a loser -- it should have been a chop.
      Can you check the HH again?
      What room was this?

Cheers,
      VS
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      Two donks that got their stack growing by pure luck obviosly. You are sure AQ wasn't at least hunting a flush? Weird hand :)
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      Hi,
      Hi, hardlife66
      OK I'm confused along with you,

Position is really important.
      Raising 44 in any position is not a bad thing most of the time, and 4-handed it almost always a good hand to raise.
      AQo is an OK 3Bet too.
      The rest is just two deep stacks trying to out-bluff one another.

Now what *really* gets me confused is the fact that the board is :5x: :6x: :8x: :9x: :7x:
      AQo had a 7-high straight. 44 also has a 7-high straight.

There should not have been a winner and a loser -- it should have been a chop.
      Can you check the HH again?
      What room was this?

Cheers,
      VS
      Sorry can't remember, position: guy#1, BB guy#2 CO, I was BU (got nothing as per usual)
      This is what I don't understand with the "all in" rule, normally the strongest hand wins but not if you go "all in" so sometimes going all in guarantees you win some money, oh and I don't bother with the software now as most of the numbers don't mean anything to me the most useful feature was the one that showed how many hands played and how much profit/loss but mostly it showed losses! ha! so much for people winning money at NLHE weather it be tag lag fish or rock they all lost money almost all I'd say 99% lose money
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MichFran
      Two donks that got their stack growing by pure luck obviosly. You are sure AQ wasn't at least hunting a flush? Weird hand :)
      That's how it went and they wern't hanging around either by the flop half the stacks were in the middle.
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RaucheCh1987
      Well some stats on the players would have been nice. But perhaps villain (A) with pocket 4s thought villain (B) has a very tight opening/3-betting range with a lot of high cards in it (and ofc some overpairs too).

So he sees the low flop with his gutshot and thinks that even against the case that villain is holding an overpair he still might be able to bluff him off or hit one of his 6 outs to a set or to the straight.

But that's just one idea... like I said without some stats it's really hard to say what they where doing there ^^ perhaps they just both suck ;) and one guy thought "omg I got a pair" and the other guy thought "oh it's AQ that's almost as good as AK so I will win pretty sure" ^^
      sorry wasn't using software but the guy with 44's was a tag I'm sure