Do you find this fair?

• Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      I don't like the fact that some poker tools, such as pokertracker, show you your opponent's mucked hand. In a live game it wouldn't happen. If I don't want to show my hand and I don't have to, it has to be so.

Am I right?
  • 10 replies
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Yea I think you are. It's useful information and people can use it to read you, and you have your every right to do so.
      No tools needed tho. I don't know if this works on PCs, but on the mobile version of PokerStars, if 2 players reach showdown and 1 of them mucks, you can see his/her hand on the "Replay Last Hand" thingy.

I use that a lot but I also would hate to have it used against me.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hey guys, a couple of comments...

• Poker tools can't show you hands that the poker site didn't allow you to see, so it is not the tool, but the poker site.
      • Most sites will let you automatically set an auto-muck hands feature - but you have to understand how this works. It just sets the cards to automatically not show instead of asking you each time if you want to show.
      • The thing is though that if you are in a pot that goes to showdown (i.e. either you each check or someone calls a bet), your opponent has the right to see your cards - so if they go on "replay last hand" it will show. The only way an opponent doesn't get to look at your cards is if you fold to a bet.

Hope this clarifies a bit.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Good points, Ramble.
    • MichFran
      MichFran
      Bronze
      Yes, how should Poker Tracker read the hand if it wasn't told by the client :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The Affiliated Poker Site "PKR" does not allow mucked hands to be seen at all.
      If it bothers you that some sites show mucked hands, play at PKR.

Peace,
      VS
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by Rtwice
      I don't like the fact that some poker tools, such as pokertracker, show you your opponent's mucked hand. In a live game it wouldn't happen. If I don't want to show my hand and I don't have to, it has to be so.

Am I right?
      In a live game any player involved in a hand can request cards to be shown that have reached showdown. People usually don't do it because of the 'etiquette' but by the rules you can do so.
    • grbell
      grbell
      Bronze
      You can show mucked hands on PKR but there is a switch as an option to never show mucked hands. I'm not sure if shown mucked hands are recorded on Pokertracker/HM.
    • Rtwice
      Rtwice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Originally posted by Rtwice

Am I right?
      In a live game any player involved in a hand can request cards to be shown that have reached showdown. People usually don't do it because of the 'etiquette' but by the rules you can do so.
      I didn't know that. That explains something.

Thanks everybody.
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      People on cash tables are there to win cash off the other players so they use any edge they can get, specially if they're multi-tabling.
    • htghguuh
      htghguuh
      Silver
      Yea but in some brick and mortar tourneys,YOU may nt check the nuts,So you have to show:f_drink: