This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Poker Fan is pushing it a bit

• hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Hi from the UK.
      I joined a couple of months ago or so with the aim of getting some guidance to improve my game and bank balance, which I got, thankyou now I know that winning money at cash tables won't happen for me long term as I don't have Yoda's patience or emotional self control thankfully you don't need that in tournaments so this is where I will concentrate my efforts.
  • 2 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      now I know that winning money at cash tables won't happen for me long term as I don't have Yoda's patience or emotional self control thankfully you don't need that in tournaments so this is where I will concentrate my efforts.
      Hi hardlife - I'm not sure where you got the impression that you don't need patience or self-control in tournaments, but I can assure you that if you go into them with that mindset - you are setting yourself up for disappointment. It seems that you know patience and self-control are your weak points - why not try to work on them? I recommend you have a read through our psychology articles as a start.

We already discussed some other avenues to look into in a couple of your other threads:
      Ahhh!
      Tales from the NL2's
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      now I know that winning money at cash tables won't happen for me long term as I don't have Yoda's patience or emotional self control thankfully you don't need that in tournaments so this is where I will concentrate my efforts.
      Hi hardlife - I'm not sure where you got the impression that you don't need patience or self-control in tournaments, but I can assure you that if you go into them with that mindset - you are setting yourself up for disappointment. It seems that you know patience and self-control are your weak points - why not try to work on them? I recommend you have a read through our psychology articles as a start.

We already discussed some other avenues to look into in a couple of your other threads:
      Ahhh!
      Tales from the NL2's
      I mean't you don't need to sit around for hours waiting for a good hand because that's what they do where I play it's not enjoyable and it's not profitable for me I tried mixing it up but I just get jumped on so I stopped and now the best I can do is break even or maybe a little profit eg $0.40 from $2 BI after an hour or so, the main words you hear from any of them are check and fold not bet and raise, thankyou for your concern I will read some of the articles on the site like you suggest.