Poker Fan is pushing it a bit

• hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Hi from the UK.
      I joined a couple of months ago or so with the aim of getting some guidance to improve my game and bank balance, which I got, thankyou now I know that winning money at cash tables won't happen for me long term as I don't have Yoda's patience or emotional self control thankfully you don't need that in tournaments so this is where I will concentrate my efforts.
  • 2 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      now I know that winning money at cash tables won't happen for me long term as I don't have Yoda's patience or emotional self control thankfully you don't need that in tournaments so this is where I will concentrate my efforts.
      Hi hardlife - I'm not sure where you got the impression that you don't need patience or self-control in tournaments, but I can assure you that if you go into them with that mindset - you are setting yourself up for disappointment. It seems that you know patience and self-control are your weak points - why not try to work on them? I recommend you have a read through our psychology articles as a start.

We already discussed some other avenues to look into in a couple of your other threads:
      Ahhh!
      Tales from the NL2's
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      now I know that winning money at cash tables won't happen for me long term as I don't have Yoda's patience or emotional self control thankfully you don't need that in tournaments so this is where I will concentrate my efforts.
      Hi hardlife - I'm not sure where you got the impression that you don't need patience or self-control in tournaments, but I can assure you that if you go into them with that mindset - you are setting yourself up for disappointment. It seems that you know patience and self-control are your weak points - why not try to work on them? I recommend you have a read through our psychology articles as a start.

We already discussed some other avenues to look into in a couple of your other threads:
      Ahhh!
      Tales from the NL2's
      I mean't you don't need to sit around for hours waiting for a good hand because that's what they do where I play it's not enjoyable and it's not profitable for me I tried mixing it up but I just get jumped on so I stopped and now the best I can do is break even or maybe a little profit eg $0.40 from $2 BI after an hour or so, the main words you hear from any of them are check and fold not bet and raise, thankyou for your concern I will read some of the articles on the site like you suggest.