Let's start with Turbo STT's again.

• stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      :welcome:

Hello everyone!

I'm a big-FISH since a long-long time.

This New Thread is made in order to help me keep track of everything around poker.

SNG is being played, orientation: 9man turbos's microlimits.

My main goal is to keep it simple and improve step by step!

Goals for this month:

1. Read the book of Collin Moshman "Sit n' Go Strategy".
      2. Analyze every played session.
      3. Play 5 times per week, at least one hour.
      4. Write in my blog every active poker day.
      5. Try to be as spesific as possible when learning new concepts, explaining something or setting a new goal.
      6. Stop thinking too much and taking more poker action!

The things that help me alot in keeping track of my everyday life are:

1. Waking up at 7pm every morning.
      2. Reading motivational books.
      3. Jogging to the mountain and back.
      4. Training for being fit.
      5. Eating small meals, few sweets and drinking a lot of water.
      6. Being positive and enthusiastic.
      and maybe some more ...

Let's have a great year in every aspect of our life, always with a big smile!
  • 50 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi stameninho and Happy New Year!

Those are some nice goals, and you seem to have the correct attitude. :f_thumbsup:

Do you want this thread to be your blog? If so, just let me know and I'll move it to the appropriate section for you.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi Stameninho - With those goals and that lifestyle I am expecting great things for you in 2015!

Looking forward to reading more about your progress in your blog!

Best of luck and Happy New Year.
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Hey Harrier

Yes, I would like this thread to be my blog.

Thank you.
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Hi Ramble

Thank you! I wish great things in 2015 for you too.

Happy New Year.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Welcome to the blogs, and good luck with your goals!
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Thank you Harrier :)
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver

Goals for this month:

1. Read the book of Collin Moshman "Sit n' Go Strategy". > 22nd page reached ( fpot odds and cEV concepts involved)
      2. Analyze every played session. > analized a previous session in the morning.
      3. Play 5 times per week, at least one hour. > Played for a while, although tired. http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/12355070_09F7FDA6E5 :) (tired)
      4. Write in my blog every active poker day. > Simply done
      5. Try to be as spesific as possible when learning new concepts, explaining something or setting a new goal. > I'm pleased with myself
      6. Stop thinking too much and taking more poker action! > Good attitude kept on, except making only good decisions.

Tomorrow is the day to apply the concepts learnt today and work on "Low-Blind Play" frrom Collin's book.

Be a light to yourself!

Thank you.
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver

Hey there, big day today! haha I can't find any adequate emoticon to add, but my mood is high :)

I'm very glad of myself for today. Thank you.

Goals for this month:

1. Read the book of Collin Moshman "Sit n' Go Strategy". > 35th page reached ( Low-Blind game starting hand involved)
      2. Analyze every played session. > analized all previous sessions through the day ( played a good one hour session with lots of interesting hands to analize tomorrow) ; )
      3. Play 5 times per week, at least one hour. > Played an hour with good attitude! PokerStars - $0.44+$0.06|200/400 Ante 25 NL - Holdem - 2 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 11.81 BB (VPIP: 47.89, PFR: 17.19, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 73)
      Hero (SB): 21.94 BB

2 players post ante of 0.06 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.63 BB) Hero has K:club: 3:heart:

Hero raises to 21.88 BB and is all-in, BB calls 10.75 BB and is all-in

Flop: (23.63 BB, 2 players) Q:heart: 4:diamond: 3:diamond:

Turn: (23.63 BB, 2 players) 8:club:

River: (23.63 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:

BB shows Q:club: K:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 74%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows K:club: 3:heart: (One Pair, Threes) (Pre 26%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      BB wins 23.63 BB

4. Write in my blog every active poker day. > Simply done
      5. Try to be as spesific as possible when learning new concepts, explaining something or setting a new goal. > I'm pleased with myself again.
      6. Stop thinking too much and taking more poker action! > Good attitude kept on, although I could spend more time for poker if social life was limited.

Great. Tomorrow will try to focus on poker early in the morning. Jogging in the mountain and training will be done in the afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrI0kTGuVA4 Boombastic!

Be water my friend
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Hello poker world, nice to be around you again. :f_cool:

Just before i submit my post, the internet connection went down. Things like these happen every day :D

My main goal is to keep it simple and improve step by step.

Today has been a fantastic, boombastic, smooth and ready to groove day!

Goals for this month:

1. Read the book of Collin Moshman "Sit n' Go Strategy". Reached page 51. Really interesting book, I enjoy reading it and learning new stuff.

2. Analyze every played session. I gave up analizing push/fold situations with ICMtrainer, it just takes too much time. From now on, only 15bb+ hands will be analized from the sessions. As for push/fold stage, I will practice on ICMtrainer until bying a software for this is affordable.

3. Play 5 times per week, at least one hour. Played for an hour today. I'm pleased with my game.

4. Write in my blog every active poker day. > Simply done.

5. Try to be as spesific as possible when learning new concepts, explaining something or setting a new goal. > I'm working on this, needs improvement.

6. Stop thinking too much and taking more poker action! > Morning time will be filled with high level of poker productivity the upcoming week.

Just to mention:

a. Jogging to the mountain and back and training is being done in the afternoon.

b. My motivation is pretty high. There is no need of motivational book at this point.

c. My organization abilities will be tested tonight and during the next week. I'm going to make a plan for every day until the next Sunday.

d. Tomorrow night there is a full moon!

Keep up the good work and good things start to happen. Usually, it's about the point of view!

Thank you all.

Goodnight :)
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Hello dear poker friends. I'm a little bit frustrated because of my deeds the last three days, but I'm more motivated now! I multitabled a lot, and that's fantastic. I really enjoy it. I was kind of sick, without any good mood most of the time during these three days, but I manage to get back to my everyday routine from today.

As you can see probably, I'm a little bit not certain about what I really want and my thoughts are many many :D
      One of my life goals is to be honest with people and especially my friends, without getting into the habbit of thinking what would they think about it(although this is pretty +EV in poker) haha. Also, another life goal of mine is to improve and heal absolutely my sight. Since a child I was wearing glasses, but NOT ANY MORE. The power is in our head, as all the answers. Also, another of my life goals just for the near future is to make female friends and not get involved in relationship drama or sex games :D (No, I'm not planning to become a gay, but that's the way I think is good for me right now!)

Let's get back to Poker. I will stick to most of the tasks I have set to do during these month, but I will change the gear a little bit. So my Bankroll is $22 and I plan to make it $200 until 8.2.2015! I will play at least 5 hours per day, multitabling from 6 to 9 tables, $0.50 playing 45-90-180-360men regular speed and turbo SNG's (I want to see how regular speed MTT SNG's adjust to my way of thinking and playing). If my Bankroll goes down to $10, I will start playing $0.25 and $0.10 MTT SNG's. What else... I will start looking at some analized SNG hands in the forum and make a Blog in the Bulgarian Forum, since I have this opportunity.

Hard work will pay-out and that's what I'm about to do! I am serous enough and this is not excitement, this is enthusiasm! YEahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Have fun brothers and sisters during this amazing life we live : )))))
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      I forgot to mention that I totally stop to eat sweets, except from fruits!
      If anyone reads this, please leave a comment. Whoever has more experience, please tell me if the changes in my poker-plan for the month are more probably to keep me being a fish-than improving overall poker carreer. Please be kind to give some advice :)

Thanks in advance.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey stameninho,

If I was you I would play with caution. Your bankroll is a little short for some of the formats you are playing. As a guide I use:

45 man reg = 40 BIs
      45 man turbo = 60 BIs
      90 man reg = 75 BIs
      90 man turbo = 100 BIs
      180 man reg = 120 BIs
      180 man turbos = 175 BIs

These are my personal preferences and others will have differing opinions, but most will agree that your bankroll is a little on the light side.

So make sure you play good and run good and I wish you the best of luck :f_thumbsup: Subscribed naturally. :s_biggrin:

Cheers

Laz
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      45 man reg = 40 BIs
      45 man turbo = 60 BIs
      90 man reg = 75 BIs
      90 man turbo = 100 BIs
      180 man reg = 120 BIs
      180 man turbos = 175 BIs
      As a follower of Lazza's blog, I know that these guidelines work out pretty well for him, but I'd like to point out that even those rules are typically considered to be relatively loose.

I normally use 50 BIs - but currently even more - for regular speed 9-man SNGs, which are much less variance-heavy.

In his 180-man SNG course, tomsom87 recommends at least 300 BIs for aggressive BRM, but mentions that using 500-600 BIs would be better to be on the safe side, while even super tight BRM guidelines that use 700-800, or possibly even up to 1k BIs are fine for big multitablers (around 35 tables at once). Personally, I find these guidelines to be a bit overly tight, but I can't really comment on that since I'm not a 180-man SNG player.

Meanwhile, our MTT coach Asaban recommends using 150 BIs for scheduled MTTs in his beginner's course.

Originally posted by stameninho
      I will play at least 5 hours per day, multitabling from 6 to 9 tables.
      I don't know how experienced you are yet, but are you sure that you can handle playing that many tables right now? You should only add a considerable number of tables once you're confident that you beat your limit, so I'm not sure if it makes sense to do that when you are currently experimenting with different formats.

How exactly do you play your sessions, btw? Do you play successive tournaments, or sets? And do you use a cascading or tiled table layout?
    • Crrrrrrr
      Crrrrrrr
      Bronze
      If you're going to play MTSNGs I'll follow your blog. Good luck =)
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stameninho
      My main goal is to keep it simple and improve step by step.
      I love how you re-emphasize your MAIN goal at the start of every post - great reinforcement. I hope it is not just a cut-and-paste but something you physically type out each time!

2. Analyze every played session. I gave up analizing push/fold situations with ICMtrainer, it just takes too much time. From now on, only 15bb+ hands will be analized from the sessions. As for push/fold stage, I will practice on ICMtrainer until bying a software for this is affordable.
      Why not check out my free ICMizer 2.0 1-week trial? There isn't much competition for it right now (i.e. NONE), all I ask is that you post about a study practice you have. (the link to it is in my signature below.)

So my Bankroll is $22 and I plan to make it $200 until 8.2.2015!
      Many people have goals tied to bankrolls and timelines - I'm not a big fan of them since, in my opinion, it puts the emphasis on the results and not on the process. Your goals should be on the actions that you can control (like improving certain aspects of your game, hours of study, etc...). If you do, the results will eventually come.

As for your bankroll management - I play single table tourneys and my BRM is 75 buy-ins to start taking stabs at higher level, 100 buy-ins to move to higher level, 50 buy-ins to drop a level. I agree with previous posters that MTT's would probably require much higher number of buy-ins before moving up.

Enjoying the blog so far and good luck!
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Hey beautiful children of mother earth, it seems like I am on the right track. Life is really amazing because we have nothing to lose, except ourselves from inside. All we do is learning and adjusting what we have learned, so we can learn more and adjust more. Just like everything around us going in circle.

Thanks you guys for the quick responses, I really appreciate it :)

Took the time to consider pros and cons of my everyday attitude. Got to the point where I see what I really want: Balance!

Here's something interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision-making
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      So make sure you play good and run good and I wish you the best of luck :f_thumbsup:

Thank you Laz, I wish you the best of everythings : ) ) )
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Hey Harrier88,

I have some experience multitabling, but that's not what I need for now. 2 tabling is fair enough with the 40buy-ins that I have for these format of the game. I want to be certain I beat my limit, to move up as you say :) I play sessions of one hour 2 tabling. "|what are successive tournaments and what are sets? I use the tiled table layout, so I can observe what's going on the whole tme.
    • stameninho
      stameninho
      Silver
      Crrrrrrrrr,

Maybe MttSnG's will be played after I reach the improvement level I want in single table SnG's. Good luck to you too :)