SNGs STT - Taking it to the next level with IvicaIliev77 on PokerStars

• DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Hello to all fellow grinders! :f_drink:

My name is Darko, im 25 years old and i come from Serbia, currently living in Croatia, Zagreb.

Since i have made my mind a few months ago to make my way in to the world of poker, to live out of it and enjoy in it, i found that the most convenient way to do so is to start with SNG STT.

Up until about two months ago i was dedicated, but just not enough and i think that is the main reason for fail for most of poker players. Since the only thing that stands between us and success, and all the things we wish to achieve is hard work, iron will and commitment.

I met Predrag here on PokerStrategy, his nick on PokerStars is IvicaIliev77 and also the man without whom i probably would not be here making this blog (I`m sure you all know him very well). This "blog" represents the progress i have made as poker player and a person, and situation in which i am now. No longer stuck in never ending circle of excuses, lack of will to keep going on.
      Now i know how lucky i really am, being one of his students for about month and a half now. So i just wanted to pay my respect to one of the best coaches out there.

I will be making daily updates on my own weekly challenges, progress, ups and downs etc.
      You will notice in the future of this blog that when it comes to my goals, there is no "if", "maybe", "i hope" kind of things, just pure will and commitment to achieve them.
      I have learned and accepted the fact that if there is one thing that is certain and unchangeable thing in world of successful poker players and success in every other view, it is simply not to give up, will, commitment, you may call it what ever you want.

I was not waiting beginning of the new years to start so i could start with this blog, it was Predrag that wanted me in some way to make up my mind here and now whether i want to dive into this deep sea and push beyond limits that were never there. And you can see what i have chosen :)

Let me apologize for this "more then it should be creative" way to start a blog, maybe i should write novels or something instead of playing poker :D

I will be posting and updating daily, starting January 3rd. I hope i will help you guys to improve and i sure know you will help me.

All comments and thoughts are welcome!

Cheers! :s_drink:
  • 341 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi Darko - very much looking forward to your updates. I follow Ivica's blog religiously and have already added yours to my list to follow as well. It will be interesting to read about your progress from both sides of the relationship.

Best of luck and hard work in 2015!
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Thank you Ramble, it means much. I will do my best :f_grin:

Wish you all the best in this great new year!
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      So what format and limits you are going to play? My guess would be 6max on some 7/15 limits, but does not hurt to ask :)
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Hey ghaleon, yea you are right about 6-max, actually 6-max turbos and 3,5$ for now.

I was planing to make update about info on formats/limits etc. tomorrow but now you got me :f_biggrin:
    • 99PROBLEMSS
      99PROBLEMSS
      Bronze
      Good luck and I will be following you on here.
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi Darko,
      Very nice to see you here. I can`t agree with you more about Pedja. Working with him is win, win situation.
      Definitely will follow your blog and cheer for you to complete all your goals and move up limits. Wish you very best in new year! :f_drink:
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Thank you 99PROBLEMSS, i wish you less of them in the following year :D
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      It will be much easier with you guys supporting me and cheering for me :)
      All the best to you too 190207!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Darko I am really looking forward to your progress and the way you will approach poker in 2015.

I must say to others that Darko has shown already great improvement from sessions, he needs to continue with his level of enthusiasm towards poker + studying habits and increase his grinding capabilities.
      I expect nothing less than great things for Darko.

Happy 2015 and lets crush it ! :f_cool:
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Thank you my dai-sensei! :f_biggrin:

So, before i start with regular updates here is some more info about my game plan, time plan and so on.

For now, I`m gonna be playing 6-max turbo SNG`s on PokerStars - 3.50$ limit.
      I have just moved up from 1.50$ and now looking for some more :profit: , slowly but surely

As i said earlier, i will assign my self weekly challenges (7-days, from Monday to Sunday) and figure out some way to reward or punish myself if i complete or not those challenges.

Those short-term challenges will be:
      - Complete 11 studying hours a week
      - Complete 26 grinding hours a week
      - Complete 2 sessions a week with my dai-sensei :s_biggrin:
      - Complete three and a half workout hours a week - i know its close to nothing but i`m starting from zero :f_biggrin:

It does not seem like much but that is the point, divide the big challenge in many small ones and break them!

When it comes to long-term goals in 2015. (not necessarily sorted by importance):
      - Beat micro-limits and move up
      - Start to make a living out of poker
      - Workout and get back in shape
      - Do more sport activities in general
      - Visit my family in Serbia

- Ask my girlfriend to marry me?? :why: xD

So, i am starting tomorrow with this and i cant be more prepared, i think this is the most fun part - progressing, probably even more fun then already being on top - fighting with what ever it comes in front of you! :fuckyeah:

Thank you all for the support you already showed! :s_drink:
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      Best of luck with this Darko - I'm sure you will do well if you follow IvicaIlliev's advice!

agree that you should have big ambitions (for the long-term), but nothing wrong with making small(ish) realistic goals (short-term), at the beginning, imho - many people make unrealistic targets for themselves initially and quickly run out of steam/lose focus/motivation

"Do, or Do Not - There is No Try!" (Yoda)
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Thank you sherriffatman!
      And that is true, unfortunately many people wont fulfill their goals that they set now while their spirit is up it looks easy.
      Here comes my first daily update! :f_grin:
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      And here it comes, first update of my weekly challenges!

Weekly challenge - DAY 1

2 day challenge Saturday and Sunday (starting a new one on Monday)
      - 1,5/3 studying hours per challenge completed
      - 4/8 grinding hours per challenge completed
      - 0/1 session with my dai-sensei :s_biggrin: completed
      - 0,5/1 workout hour per challenge completed

Today i was studying ranges.
      Grinding was not so much fun, had really bad beats on preflop shoving (wont post them, i know you all know how that looks like) but hey, that is the game we like to play so much :f_biggrin:
      Stared to workout, some light exercises first few days.

I would recommend everyone to try this, its feels really great having things organized.

That`s all folks! Cya all tomorrow! :f_drink:
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Weekly challenge - DAY 2

2 day challenge Saturday and Sunday (starting a new one on Monday)
      - 3/3 studying hours per challenge completed
      - 8/8 grinding hours per challenge completed
      - 0/1 session with my dai-sensei :s_biggrin: completed (delayed)
      - 1/1 workout hour per challenge completed

All completed except session with coach that was delayed.

Today was studying some more ranges, memorizing them.
      Grind has gone bad 2nd day in a row, bad beats continued trough day 2 and was not really satisfied with my game too.
      Workout went fine.

Hoping for better day tomorrow! :f_drink:
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      I`m a bit late with update, but here it is!

1st Week challenge (Monday) - DAY 3

- 1,5/11 studying hours per challenge completed
      - 4/28 grinding hours per challenge completed
      - 0/2 session with my dai-sensei :s_biggrin: completed
      - 0,5/3,5 workout hour per challenge completed

Worked some more on ranges and on things from past sessions with coach.
      Grinding went little better then last 2 days, but still not on the level i want it to be.
      Workout as usual.

Tomorrow i have a day off so ill do some more work on my game, more than usual.
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Hey folks! Here it comes :f_drink:

1st Week challenge (Tuesday) - DAY 4

- 3/11 studying hours per challenge completed
      - 8,5/28 grinding hours per challenge completed
      - 0/2 session with my dai-sensei :s_biggrin: completed
      - 1/3,5 workout hour per challenge completed

Today i have studied game plan that i have been working on with coach.
      Workout as usual, gonna turn volume up a bit now.
      Grinding was positive in terms of profit, i decided to play only 2 tables today.
      Still not good but its getting better.
      Here is Graph for today.

• DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      So i decided to share my time management with you people, maybe you can find something useful :f_thumbsup:

More or less, every minute is planed, its the best way to make sure that you pull out maximum efficiency from yourself.
      And yes, its important to actually do all the things you set your mind to :)

7AM - Waking up
      7-8AM - Workout, take a shower, breakfast
      8-9:30AM - Studying my game
      9:30-12AM - Grinding
      12-7PM - Full time job
      7:30-8:30PM - Dinner, shower
      8:30-10PM - Grinding
      10-10:30PM - Updating blog and talking with my gf about my progress overall

Grinding can vary if i have session with coach that day.

That is how my day looks like, i have set myself a goal to start living out of poker in this year.
      Then i will have more time to spend on my game, grind and sport activities :happy:

That would be all, cya all tomorrow! :f_drink:
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Very nice time management. Keep up good work!
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Update for yesterday! :f_biggrin:

1st Week challenge (Wednesday) - DAY 5

- 4,5/11 studying hours per challenge completed
      - 9/28 grinding hours per challenge completed
      - 1/2 session with my dai-sensei :s_biggrin: completed
      - 1,5/3,5 workout hour per challenge completed

I was working on bubble game.
      Grinding went not so great, still need to improve a lot!
      Workout as usual.