BANKROLL

• 9 replies
    • StVatle
      StVatle
      Gold
      I am wondering about the same thing. If I am playing NL2 with 12 tables, should I have a bankroll for 24$ in play then, 600$ bankroll?

SitNgo is 2% of your bankroll :)
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi sbaaam93,

First off, Welcome to PokerStrategy and congratulations on your first post.

We have 2 articles that would answer those questions for you in detail. One about Bankroll Management and one about Multi-tabling.

Unfortunately, you require bronze status to access them. Have you thought about taking advantage of one of the Free Money Offers available at our partner Poker Rooms? If you set up a tracked account following the instructions, you will start collecting Strategy points. Your first point gives you lifetime bronze status, which would give you access to the strategy articles mentioned above and many others. You will also have the ability to post pictures and graphs in the forum as well as use the community tool to message other members. Alternatively, you could buy your status directly.

Generally speaking for SnG's says you should have a minimum of 50 buy-ins for the level you are playing. So if you have a $100 bankroll, you could play up to the $2 SnG's.

For multi-tabling, you want to start with just 2 until you are comfortable with it and then very gradually increase.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you in 2015!
    • StVatle
      StVatle
      Gold
      Your bankroll management does not change when you start multi-tabling. It might be a good idea to go down one limit when you first open multiple tables, but the same rules apply to four tables as to a single one.

What does this mean actually? 1 table NL2 you need a bankroll of 50$ and with 2 tables you need a bankroll of 100$?
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      You do not need 2x the bankroll to play 2 tables at once. The bankroll is tied to the buy-in, not the number of tables being played at a time.
    • CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      You do not need 2x the bankroll to play 2 tables at once. The bankroll is tied to the buy-in, not the number of tables being played at a time.
      so if he plays 12 tables at once he could lose 24% of his bankroll in half an hour and don't worry , because he follows bankroll advice from pokerstrategy
      and nobody mentions ever about how large could be the bankroll that it supposed to work for 2% sng. how about a 2000$ bankroll you supposed to play 40$ sng and could drop 500$ out of 2000$ and dont worry?

oh i get it , if i have a 2000$ bankroll i'm left on my own experience , the nice articles dont have value anymore just because $$$ value changed? so where is 'the long term perspective EV wise, pokerstrategy
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey CRI4BRA,

If he 12 tables and loses every one , he loses 24% of his bankroll. If he single tables 12 games and loses, he loses 24% of his bankroll, so what is your point?

Regards

Laz
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Hey CRI4BRA, you really don't get it right I guess. A new player who has no clue about the game certainly would be stupid to start playing 12 SNGs at the same time. So normally you start multitabling once you mastered the game/limit to increase your hourly. At the beginning it would also be negative because you couldn't focus on the decissions you make and so you wouldn't learn a lot by playing.

So to sum it up: At the beginning stick to one table. Once you played let's say 100 SNGs and you are in profit so you know how to win those things add a second table. Play for a while again, check if you still able to play with profit and add another table.
    • iSoOwnYou
      iSoOwnYou
      Bronze
      I have never understood people that say you need bigger bankroll to multitable doesn't make statistical sense. UNLESS you factor in for your skill decrease due to less focus then your winrate would decline so might have a small effect on your bankroll requirement.

The main thing is dont add more than 1 table at a time and dont increase until you are confident you are beating with the increased tables in your sessions.

Set yourself a reasonable stop loss as well - maybe 6 buyins in a day.

Good luck!:f_drink:
    • StVatle
      StVatle
      Gold
      I think I agree with iSoOwnYou on this. That you do not need bigger bankroll for multitabling, you just need a higher skill level. Of course it is better to have a higher bankroll, it makes it much safer. But with rules that says you need bigger bankroll for multitabling only trapping you in the micros.. I think :)