SUPERNOVA Challenge And Much More - The Bankroll Challenge

• mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze

Hi everyone,
      It was very long time since I was writing something on PokerStrategy. Yea it was because of so little time that I have, but what if this is just and excuse?
      Probably I could say at least hallo or something. So time management is something that I need to improve. And I don`t have any more time to waste or to do something that will slow me down.

IF YOU WANNA BE THE BEST, LEARN FROM THE BEST!
      My coach is still Pedja and I hope he will stay with me for a very long time. Since I have big expectations about what I wanna achieve in next 2 years. But about that I will say more in future. For now my goal is to achieve Supernova on Stars till the end of the year.

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, SOME WORK HARDER IN PRESEASON!
      On 1st of May I will became pro. Until then I need to do all, what is in my power to step up and learn as much as possible, but will still need to grind more than 2k games/month if I wanna reach Supernova. This will also help me a lot to reach my goal for 2017 (still remember? I told you will talk about it in the future :f_wink: ). That is why I will left my job and put all my time and energy in poker. So I need to work very hard now, to be able to be in form from May on.

TO BE ABLE TO SACRIFICE WHAT YOU ARE FOR WHAT YOU WILL BECAME!
      I was never a reader, I was never learner. Those are two things, that are not in my comfort zone. But if I wanna succeed in Poker and in life, I need to do both. Ok. Learning is not such a big problem, because I learn what I wanna learn. You know in school is different, when you need to learn stuff that you never use in your life. In school I was impressed only in two subjects. And those where Physical Education and Math. Yea. I really loved Math. Many classmates hates it, but I loved it :f_love:
      Another thing that I really need to change is my body. I am really too little outside, not working out often enough, etc. But for some long term success in poker, you need to be in good shape. It is definitely true that if you are in bad physical shape, you are also in bad mental shape. And that can lead to very bad decisions at the table.

PAIN IS TEMPORARY! IT MAY LAST 4 MINUTES, AN HOUR OR A DAY! OR EVEN A YEAR! BUT EVENTUALLY IT WILL SUBSIDE AND SOMETHING ELSE WILL TAKE ITS PLACE! IF I QUIT HOWEVER IT WILL LAST FOREVER!
      This is how I will do it:

***POKER***
      January 2015

2250 games
      - 2250 $7 6-max turbos
      - 12 tableing

at least 210h for poker
      - 150h for play
      - 60h for study/assigments

February 2015 - best friend came with his family for a week (last week in February) so I don`t know how much time I will have for poker when he will be here (probably nothing), so I will do as much as possible before he came.

- 2k games
      - 100 games/day
      - all 7s
      - 13 tableing

at least 252h (21 days at least) for poker
      - 126h for play
      - 126h for study/assigments

March 2015

- on 15th of March I will give my resignation at my work
      - after that I will still work for 45 days (I need to because of contract)

2250 games
      - all 7s
      - 14 tableing
      - 75 games/day

at least 210h for poker
      - 120h for play
      - 90h for study/assigments

April 2015

2250 games
      - all 7s
      - 15 tableing
      - 75 games/day
      - play some 15s (6-8 tableing); depending on how much I will spend for 75 games 15 tableing 7s

at least 210h for poker
      - 120h for play
      - 90h for study/assigments

from May 2015 on:

my plan:
      - 4k games/month
      - 12h/day
      - 8h play/day
      - 4h study/day

have 3 days/month without poker
      - spend them for family stuff

***HEALTH***
      - eat more vegetables, fruits and fish
      - start running and keep doing it
      - keep doing workouts from Mike Chan sixpack program
      - buy monthly fitness ticket in February and start doing phase 2 from sixpack program
      - from May on buy monthly fitness tickets so will be able to finish all phases in sixpack program

***LIFE CHANGING***
      - keep reading Eric Thomas (ET) books about Greatness Is Upon You (GIUY)and doing things from that book
      - write GIUY journal
      - buy and read part 3 and 4 of GIUY book in January
      - February buy book MONEY Master the Game from Tony Robbins and do things from that book, take notes
      - March buy book Mental Game of Poker
      - April buy book Mental Game of Poker 2
      - May look for some new book to buy

Yea it will be very hard. But if I wanna be pro more than just one month and if I wanna reach my goal in 2017, I need to walk that way.

Just one more think need to be written. How often I will update that challenge? I will do it daily. So see you tomorrow with update.

Let me now just wish you happy and successful new year! :f_drink:
  • 113 replies
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Jernej I have full belief that you will make SN reality in this year!
      I am looking forward to your progress with all the time management and priorities set in place. Feel this will be very difficult year but also very rewarding in all areas in life.
      Keep up the motivation levels high, build strong habits with goals in sync with your life mission and I am positive you will own the challenge.
      I will also continue to do my best to help you in all areas and really wish you all the best for 2015!

Will be following :s_cool:
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Added to my list of blogs to follow.

Good luck and hard work in 2015!
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Hmmm.. I don't want to criticize your goals, but I think you are a little bit too optimistic!

You cant just grind/study all the time. You should rest in between.. take some days off.. go out with friends, go on vacation.. etc. otherwise you will end burning yourself out...
      If you will play just poker every day and wont do other things, poker will get boring for you and you will hate it. Trust me!

Your goals are high and motivating and I hope you will reach them. And if something doesn't go your way, don't get frustrated, reevaluate and make changes!

GL

subbed
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze

Hi everyone,
      #Pedja: tanks for your words! Appreciate it! Have a good fun on your trip this week! :f_drink: :f_drink:

#Ramble: Thanks for following it

#rupucis2: I totally agree with you. That is why I will have at least 3 days off every month. Also I won`t be in front of computer 24/7 :f_wink:
      Also when I will hit 150 games (at the moment 75-90) I will stop play. So that can mean that I will play only 6h or maybe 7h if I will be 15 tableing and will be able to spend those grinding hours for something else.
      But after all I need to do it if I wanna achieve all my goals. It is doable if I approach it correctly.

DAY 1 UPDATE
      ***POKER***
      In the morning I go through filter that Pedja give me in last session. Make notes from around 35 hands. Most of them where just set ups, but I make some silly mistakes as usual.
      When came home from work play one session of 46 games

Will do review tomorrow to see what was wrong. :f_confused:

***HEALTH***
      Make soup with mixed vegetables and plum dumplings (I make them 2days ago and put them into fridge :f_grin: )
      Also do first day workout from Six pack shortcut program.

***LIFE CHANGING***
      Did not read yesterday. I am applying what read before. Especially at work. You can`t even imagine how much difference you can expect when you apply those concepts. I make a promise to myself, that I would do everything that they will ask me to do in those last months. I won`t ask for pay increase or some bonuses or anything else. And that I will give my 120%. It will also prove to me, that with hard work ethic I can achieve whatever I want. Yea I make only one wish. To get off all February so I will be able to prepare myself really well and lower variance as much as possible and build my edge.

WHAT I NEED TO DO TOMORROW:
      - make review from today session
      - make at least 2 deep hand reviews with combos and calculations
      - play from 130-150 games
      - read at least one chapter and make action steps
      - workout - do 2nd day in phase one
      - cook something healthy

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze

Hi everyone,

DAY 2 UPDATE
      ***POKER***
      Today was really terrible. I will need deep review of what happen today. Also my net lag time to time, so I can`t play normally. I don`t look for excuses. It will still be much different if I would play good. All those things bring me to conclusion that I won`t go for 3rd session. So only 99 games done today from planed 130-150. Will get new net on Friday (9th of January). Until then I hope for as little lags as possible.
      - make review from yesterdays session
      - make at least 2 deep hand reviews with combos and calculations
      - play from 130-150 games - 99 only

***HEALTH***
      I workout in the morning. After it make shake from cottage cheese, banana, cranberry, milk and honey. Love that combination.
      for lunch have soup, fish, salad and
      French fries
      . I know bad choice with it. :nh:
      - workout
      - cook something healthy

***LIFE CHANGING***
      Read one chapter of GIUY. It is really great book. It takes you from day to day with action steps. Doing what is recommended. I am really looking forward on that area, because it is foundation for all other things that I wanna achieve.
      - read at least one chapter and make action steps

GL at tables and off the tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,
      Need to write down my goals for today
      - 2 sessions of 45 games
      - workout
      - read one chapter of GIUY book
      - review hands from yesterday

Won`t be cooking, because my girl have day off today so she will cook.

GL at tables! :f_drink:
    • Yunha
      Yunha
      Basic
      Thank you for the video, very interesting information

htc desire eye handyhülle
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yunha
      Thank you for the video, very interesting information
      I am glad if it helps you.

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze

SUPERNOVA CHASE: 677,82 VPPs/100000 VPPs
      Hi everyone,

DAY 3 UPDATE
      Lets take a quick overview of yesterday. Done everything. Again at the tables was not the best day. Too many ICM mistakes.

- 2 sessions of 45 games (92 total)
      - review hands from yesterday (20)
      - workout
      - review hands from yesterday

What to do tomorrow?
      - 2 sessions of 50 games
      - review hands that I mark during play, make analyzes
      - workout

GL at tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze

SUPERNOVA CHASE: 823,68 VPPs/100000 VPPs

DAY 4 UPDATE
      Today I was unable to complete all goals. I fail on grinding. I start play at the morning around 8am and traffic was so bad that I need 3h and 15 min to complete 51 games 12 tabling. Also I have few problems with my net. Can`t wait for Friday to get new one. Now I have some sort of wifi from mobile operator. I have from 2 different mobile operators. But both of them are not stable. So I hope that this one will be, since it would be through cable. Also will get TV with 160 programs, but I barely watch it. It is more for my girl.
      Also during play I get a lot of setups (at least the feeling was such). So I didn`t play another session. So on Saturday I will need to bring that in.

Workout gone nice, but now every muscle hurts me. :nh:

- 2 sessions of 50 games - only one, 51 games
      - workout

Things to do today:
      - 2 sessions of 50 games
      - workout

GL at tables!
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      Loving the way you are leading the challenge so far.
      Keep up the good work!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
      Loving the way you are leading the challenge so far.
      Keep up the good work!
      Thanks!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      WHAT YOU ARE TO BE, YOU ARE NOW BECOMING

SUPERNOVA CHASE: 1055,34 VPPs/100000 VPPs
      Monthly Goal:
      - 369/2250 $7 6-max turbos
      - 12/60h for study/assigments/reviews/analyzes

Hi everyone,

Lets look how my daily goals went:
      - 2 sessions of 50 games - one session of 81 games
      - workout

What to do today:
      - 2 sessions of 50 games
      - workout

I am behind my monthly goal for just 6 games. So this I will bring in quickly. Will try to do some extra games to have them in case if I won`t be able to play some day. Other areas are going fine. I will get 3rd part of GIUY book on Friday. 2nd part is done. Now I am hitting bed because another day is already in and need to wake up early.

Have a nice day on and off the tables!
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Keep it going - many people would give up with frustration of internet connection and use that as an excuse, but you keep going strong - Great motivation!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      Keep it going - many people would give up with frustration of internet connection and use that as an excuse, but you keep going strong - Great motivation!
      Thanks Ramble! Yea it can be really bad sometimes with that internet (Pedja now how it looks like :f_wink: ). Just 2 days more and I hope this would be history. Ok if it happens time to time, but almost every session is really bad. And probably worst thing is that almost every session with my coach is disturbed several times.
      Future seams brighter. :f_biggrin:
      You are not a victim, you are a victor. And if you can look up, you can get up! - E.T.
    • DarkoK3
      DarkoK3
      Bronze
      Great work man, i have read your blog from day one and its great!
      Really inspiring stuff :s_cool:
      I have aslo watched video by Eric Thomas, man really know how to do his job and make you go for it :)
      Im doing things a bit slower in terms of grinding and chasing supernova but im glad to have one more fellow grinder that knows how to become one of the best :s_thumbsup:
      And with new internet conection im sure you will reborn :f_biggrin:
      Keep up the good work, will be following! :s_drink:
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      Good work so far!
      I don't know, may be I missed it somewhere.. what is GIUY?
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze

SUPERNOVA CHASE: 1112,54 VPPs/100000 VPPs
      Monthly Goal:
      - 389/2250 $7 6-max turbos
      - 13/60h for study/assigments/reviews/analyzes

Originally posted by rupucis2
      Good work so far!
      I don't know, may be I missed it somewhere.. what is GIUY?
      It is Eric Thomas book Greatness Is Upon You. :f_wink:

DAY 6 UPDATE

Today was another bad day. Nothing seems to be right. Can`t play more than 20 games today because of bad connection. And in even those 20 games I manage to make huge minus. So I stop playing and start reviewing hands. After an hour or so, my keyboard run out of battery. So need to go to store to buy another one. Will probably buy some older keyboard with cable, because most of the time when you need it the most, battery get empty. I already put aside new mouse (also on battery) and put in one with cable.

Unfortunately I don`t have much to report because of that. I hope that this mean that my " Murphy day" for this year is over. :censored:

What I did yesterday?
      - 2 sessions of 50 games - only one session of 20 games
      - workout
      - session with coach

What to do today?
      Today I won`t do much, because my sister came for a visit with her 2 sons and she don`t know at what time she will came. We did not see each other for a while (from last year :nh: ). I am really busy lately. Haven`t been at home for about 4 months or so. I live near Ljubljana now in rental apartment when house back home is empty. But that is another story.
      Will do hands review until she came with boys.

Have a nice day off and on the tables!
    • mylove190207
      mylove190207
      Bronze

SUPERNOVA CHASE: 1112,54 VPPs/100000 VPPs
      Monthly Goal:
      - 389/2250 $7 6-max turbos
      - 13,5/60h for study/assignments/reviews/analyzes

DAY 7 UPDATE
      Yesterday I didn't do much. Only workout first thing in the morning and review some hands. But have very nice day with my sister and her boys. I really don't know how she can handle both of them day after day. But when you became parent, it probably get into your blood.
      But now back to work. Will need to catch up with staff that I miss yesterday. Will make plan how to get on pace with grinding and learning. Basically I will be unable to do much more during week, but I can do a lot at Saturdays, because this is my day off from work. Yea only one per week, not two. :censored:

Things that I did yesterday:
      - workout
      - 30min hand review

What to do today:
      - wake up at 7am, have breakfast, take dog out, wash dishes
      - hand review from 8am till 9am
      - workout, shower from 9am till 10am
      - at 10am I will get new net (can't wait :f_love: )
      - afternoon I will start grinding and review hands for another hour - start time depend on how long will take service team to do what is necessary
      - buy last 2 parts of GIUY book

Have a nice day off and on the tables! :f_drink: