Purchase Videos

• scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      Would be nice if PS would introduce a feature where a member could pay to watch a video instead of having to be a certain level. I've seen many videos i would like to watch more for entertainment than learning purposes and im sure many others have. im sure this would be easy enough to implement.

Each level a video is would have a set price and the higher the level of the member the cheaper the video. For example lets say a Gold video costs $10 then a basic or bronze member would have to pay $10. Lets say a silver video costs $5 then a silver member would get the cost of a silver video off. So would pay $5 for a gold video.

Just a suggestion.
  • 20 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi scottc18,

indeed this is also interesting for us. We are currently running some tests on how we could do this and don't have an ETA for a general plan to sell all videos per piece. However, consider buying our status - $39 gives you access to ALL Gold-videos.

Have a great weekend!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      $39 for 1 month Gold status is highly unjustifiable if you look around the market right now, I know better offers specifically but I'm not going to mention them here. I think it's time you have a look at your pricing. I can grind Gold Status every month if I play 15-20 days but there is absolutely no way I'd pay $39/month or even $19 for an annual subscription.

Regards,
      GC
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi UPAY4DINNER,

thank you for your opinion. You can of course choose to play instead of paying for the status.
      I edited your post to not falsly reflect that you have been an employee of PokerStrategy.com.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Sven,

You are very welcome to my opinion, I hope you guys consider making changes to your pricing. Especially when you consider in the past 15 months that you've implemented posting restrictions to status' in the Hand Evaluation Boards on top of releasing a lesser amount of premium content and a dramatic reduction in weekly live coachings especially here in the English Community. Maybe things are better in RU and DE but poor old EN always seems gets the worst of it.

That's cool. I've decided to remove the disclaimer anyways. I only put it in there in case I was FALSELY accused of something.

Have a great weekend and 2015 even if you neglected to wish me one like you did Scott ;)
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      I completely agree that the pricing is horrendous. But it's not my place to say it shouldn't be so high, i'll just never pay for it. I think if this is implemented but in a way that is affordable for anybody it would be good for both the members of PS and also PS itself. I highly doubt very many people pay for status. There will be a few obviously.
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      Have a great 2015! :f_drink:

Forgot i'd add this because i forgot to say it. Don't want to feel the wrath of Gary lol.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by scottc18
      Have a great 2015! :f_drink:

Forgot i'd add this because i forgot to say it. Don't want to feel the wrath of Gary lol.
      Hey buddy,

I have no wrath, just critique :)

Originally posted by scottc18

I completely agree that the pricing is horrendous. But it's not my place to say it shouldn't be so high, i'll just never pay for it. I think if this is implemented but in a way that is affordable for anybody it would be good for both the members of PS and also PS itself. I highly doubt very many people pay for status. There will be a few obviously.
      It is your place to say it though. You are a member of this community. You contribute - you pay rake, you earn SPs or at least you did in the past and may do so in the future. Don't undervalue yourself :)
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      I think 95% of the PS community would agree that the pricing is too high but at the end of the day it's not for us to decide how much things should be. The thing that really pisses me off is when someone releases a series and PS make it say silver and then make 1 video Gold. The constant trying to get you to buy status with stuff like that really bugs me. Although, i understand they have to make money and it's the admins job to remind everyone who says anything, ever, that they can upgrade to x status for y a month.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I think your suggestion BTW is awesome and something that should be looked at.

I hope that they don't go overcharging for them though.
    • Post removed

• SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      scott18, just to get it straight:

- You are suggesting to introduce "pay per piece" for a single gold video for the price of $10
      - You are suggesting that our price to watch all gold-videos (for 2 months) of $39 is way too high=

For video series where we start with one video on a lower status we really think it is benefitial to show it to let's say silver users to convince them that our higher status is worth it. Of course you could also express it the other way around: we are trying to lure people into achieving a higher status: yes,we do!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey scottc,

I would like to clarify a couple of points.

Neither I or my fellow moderators push 'buying status'. We always push earning status, whether that be by taking a free money offer or signing up for a tracked room.

This is simply because it is better for us if you earn status by playing on a tracked room. The portion of your rake that we earn for our members play allows us to maintain a better relationship with our partner rooms and also to continue promotions like the Double top and our exclusive rake races.

To this end, we offer several incentives for players to earn status rather than buy. These include:

Our 10 bonus points per day promotion.

16 Days of DoubleSPs.

We also give between 100 and 500 SPs for depositing on a tracked room.

As you can see, all our incentives are geared toward players earning status rather than buying it.

I do like your idea. :) PPV (Pay per View) is prevalent everywhere now.

Remember everyone, if you think you have a good idea, don't be shy in posting it. Some significant changes have been made over the years on the back of a suggestion by a member or our wonderful community.

Regards

Laz
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe

- You are suggesting to introduce "pay per piece" for a single gold video for the price of $10
      - You are suggesting that our price to watch all gold-videos (for 2 months) of $39 is way too high=

For video series where we start with one video on a lower status we really think it is benefitial to show it to let's say silver users to convince them that our higher status is worth it. Of course you could also express it the other way around: we are trying to lure people into achieving a higher status: yes,we do!

I was using $10 as an example. I personally think status is overpriced. Thats my opinion. Im not saying you shouldnt price things how you do or run a series and bump 1 video up a level. After all there not my decisions to make.

Trying to lure people into a higher status is your job i understand that. I said it annoys me not that you shouldnt do it. With all due respect SvenBe i think you have to re-read this thread.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by scottc18
      [u]

With all due respect SvenBe i think you have to re-read this thread.[/quote]Not sure if things were lost in translation or if he just plain didn't read the thread properly but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt even if he wants to treat me as invisible or w/e

I've drawn you a little diagram Sven, I think this is what Scott means. If I'm wrong Scott please say so.

The cost per vid is just a ballpark figure, it would be have to be something you guys have to come up with yourself.

There is reduced cost if person already has a status - say I'm Silver this month for example. If I wanted to see a Gold vid it would cost me $5 instead of $10 etc etc.

Think the table explains it all.
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by UPAY4DINNER
      [quote]Originally posted by scottc18
      [u]

With all due respect SvenBe i think you have to re-read this thread.[/quote]Not sure if things were lost in translation or if he just plain didn't read the thread properly but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt even if he wants to treat me as invisible or w/e

I've drawn you a little diagram Sven, I think this is what Scott means. If I'm wrong Scott please say so.

The cost per vid is just a ballpark figure, it would be have to be something you guys have to come up with yourself.

There is reduced cost if person already has a status - say I'm Silver this month for example. If I wanted to see a Gold vid it would cost me $5 instead of $10 etc etc.

Think the table explains it all.[/quote]This.
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey scottc,

I would like to clarify a couple of points.

Neither I or my fellow moderators push 'buying status'. We always push earning status, whether that be by taking a free money offer or signing up for a tracked room.

This is simply because it is better for us if you earn status by playing on a tracked room. The portion of your rake that we earn for our members play allows us to maintain a better relationship with our partner rooms and also to continue promotions like the Double top and our exclusive rake races.

To this end, we offer several incentives for players to earn status rather than buy. These include:

Our 10 bonus points per day promotion.

16 Days of DoubleSPs.

We also give between 100 and 500 SPs for depositing on a tracked room.

As you can see, all our incentives are geared toward players earning status rather than buying it.

I do like your idea. :) PPV (Pay per View) is prevalent everywhere now.

Remember everyone, if you think you have a good idea, don't be shy in posting it. Some significant changes have been made over the years on the back of a suggestion by a member or our wonderful community.

Regards

Laz
      Hi scottc18,

indeed this is also interesting for us. We are currently running some tests on how we could do this and don't have an ETA for a general plan to sell all videos per piece. However, consider buying our status - $39 gives you access to ALL Gold-videos.

Have a great weekend!
      Doesnt say anything about playing for status. However, i agree playing for it is fair but unfortunately alot of people already have a room they play at that they cant earn sp through becuase they signed up before they found pokerstrategy.

Im not hating on ps. I love the site and the community here and i dont see the running costs so i cant tell if the content is just overpriced or if it is necessary to be priced the way it is.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi guys,

I think this pricing:

is much too high for anyone to use. We are speaking that $39 is already too much to pay for ALL videos for gold, paying then $20 for your favourite two videos seems just insane. In the end scottc18 we introduced the buying status option because it was the request of many players like you who are untracked on their main poker room. It just gives everyone another option.
      Same goes for the Diamond status videos - it would need to be hell of an exceptional video to justify $50 as a price while competitors have similar prices as a monthly subscription price to access all their videos.
    • scottc18
      scottc18
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I think this pricing:

is much too high for anyone to use. We are speaking that $39 is already too much to pay for ALL videos for gold, paying then $20 for your favourite two videos seems just insane. In the end scottc18 we introduced the buying status option because it was the request of many players like you who are untracked on their main poker room. It just gives everyone another option.
      Same goes for the Diamond status videos - it would need to be hell of an exceptional video to justify $50 as a price while competitors have similar prices as a monthly subscription price to access all their videos.
      These prices are examples to make it easy to understand what i mean. I dont know about the cost to pokerstrategy or how much they wish to make from the site. It could be $1 for a gold video but the same principles apply.

I also dont think ps shouldnt give the option for people to buy status im just saying i personnally wouldnt pay the prices they ask for.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      EDIT: Scott beat me to it. I'm leaving the rest as a further suggestion and I'm going to bolden it as I feel it is very important.

Seriously, you need to consider having some native English speakers in charge of this community so that basic translation mistakes do not occur so frequently and it doesn't look so goddamned amateur hour!