[NL2-NL10] J9s vs unknown 3-way pot

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($7.79)
      SB ($8.72)
      BB ($4.18)
      Hero (UTG) ($4.88)
      MP ($8.78)
      CO ($5.42)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, J
      Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds, Button calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20) 10, 6, K (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets $0.05, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, Button calls $0.20, SB calls $0.20, 1 fold

Turn: ($1) A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($1) A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, 2 folds

Total pot: $1 | Rake: $0.05

Flop I know villain is on a draw and does not have K, hence I raise making him think I check-trap.
      Turn I check seeing if he has A
      River I know he has no A and draw is not complete hence I bet pot to reinforce the image that I have K.
  • 6 replies
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      What are you doing? Reread articles, fold this preflop from UTG.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Stop limping!!!
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      My god relax...
      I wanted to try something out. It worked.....

I will not post hands like this in the future.

You guys ever heard of the phrase that its not about what cards you have, but what your opponent thinks you have?

Was just seeing how far I can push that... but apparently thats really not appreciated here. The last 3 hands I posted were purely about that aspect, hence I even wrote underneath why I played that way.
      Maybe I should write next time that I wasn't following the articles and ready to loose the pot to try this out...

Will post more serious hands in the future then.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      My god relax...

You guys ever heard of the phrase that its not about what cards you have, but what your opponent thinks you have?

Was just seeing how far I can push that... but apparently thats really not appreciated here. The last 3 hands I posted were purely about that aspect, hence I even wrote underneath why I played that way.
      Maybe I should write next time that I wasn't following the articles and ready to loose the pot to try this out...

I don't see any kind of experiment in this hand, it's just one for fun, throwing money away :-) You should post it in Fun section.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      My god relax...

You will get lucky playing like this sometimes, but don't overdo it since I'm pretty sure you will lose way more than you win abusing this.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Fold or raise pf.
      J9s is not worth mostly playing utg position.
      You should c/f flop. No need to make plays, when you probably get called.