What hand ranking does Jennifear use?

• 12 replies
    • CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      the charts are the hand ranking shown

you ask about system for hand ranking? she made those charts based on preflop equity
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I expect is about this charts. That is a push/fold that is based on Cev Nash ranges.
      You can only use this chart if you play tournaments, but is useless if you’re around the last 2 tables and the final table. Than is ICM a decent factor.

Further I expect you get better feedback of tournament players and moved your thread to the tournaments board.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Crrrrrrr
      Crrrrrrr
      Bronze
      Don't forget these ranges are with no antes and since they're based on Nash, it's not the most EV+ play unless you play against opponents using Nash. Also it doesn't take into account the fact that your opponents' stacks are not equal to yours.

It's a good way to start working on your ranges though.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by Crrrrrrr
      Don't forget these ranges are with no antes and since they're based on Nash, it's not the most EV+ play unless you play against opponents using Nash. Also it doesn't take into account the fact that your opponents' stacks are not equal to yours.

It's a good way to start working on your ranges though.
      You most likely missed the 10%, 12,5% and 20% ante chart in same link, but calling ranges of opponents could be wider or tighter than Nash indeed.
    • Crrrrrrr
      Crrrrrrr
      Bronze
      Indeed, I didn't see the sheets with antes, thanks.
    • LuckyLukePS
      LuckyLukePS
      Coach
      Coach
      There is also an FAQ tab which describes the process by which these charts were created :)

Quite right that these assume equal stacks and perfect calling, two situations we rarely face. So these (like all charts) need adjusting to each circumstance for accuracy.
    • RiQRiQ
      RiQRiQ
      Silver
      Thanks all!

So basically what you say LuckyLukePS is this:

In late if i think that calling range is wide i push tighter and vise versa?

And if there is huge or really small behind I push tighter?

Thanks for the help.
    • LuckyLukePS
      LuckyLukePS
      Coach
      Coach
      I think it's unlikely that super short stacks will call too wide (as in, wider than they could in a GTO Nash-based situation). Big stacks might. Regs might. In those cases we can tighten up a touch. In many cases we can go a fair bit wider, the detail is going to need calculating however, as to how much wider we can go in what spots. Stack depth and position will both play a factor in determining how much we need to adjust. Best to look at individual spots using a piece of software like HRC, and use charts such as these as a kind of "bottom line" reference point.
    • RiQRiQ
      RiQRiQ
      Silver
      Thank you!
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      i was using these charts some time ago :D
    • MIM1C
      MIM1C
      Bronze
      wow, the chart SDK1987 mentioned will be very useful for me. thanks for posting it, and thanks for Jennifear to making it :)
    • LuckyLukePS
      LuckyLukePS
      Coach
      Coach
      You have to be very careful not to misuse charts like this - for a variety of reasons. They must always be interpreted according to the situation. Charts like these assume perfect calling ranges, equal stacks and just focus on chip equity. Read the FAQ in the spreadsheet and don't use them mindlessly. Use them at most as a reference point for review. It's often correct to go wider, sometimes correct to go tighter, and often more optimal to bet/call or bet/fold than to rip in various different spots.