Getting re-started. = )

• Jimmy2tymz
      Jimmy2tymz
      Basic
      Hi everyone.

Name is James. I'm from Canada.

Been playing poker for a long time (10+ years), but have at best been a break even player.... Till now. = ) I play mainly Pokerstars, and have since the beginning. Read a lot of books and articles expecting the mere input of the knowledge to take my game to the next level... didn't quite work. I had many issues; the main one being massive tilt problems. Gave cards up for some time as it caused some issues within my personal life, but I've come back with a passion and hopefully much better mindset for the game. Started playing again in November of 2014 and realized that with a better mindframe going into the game, I could actually win. Been reading a lot about the game again and watching as many videos as I can watch and over the small sample since, it's been going pretty well. Playing mostly low buy in MTT's and a little bit of micro cash. Because it is still a new comeback, I don't know if I can fully trust myself not to get into a tilted frame of mind again, so I have only played a very small sample of cash tables, but so far with a very good BB/100. (43BB/100 in 10NL - very small sample. 1000 hands or so.)

Brag time... = ) Won a $4-180 man tonight. Played a near flawless game I think, still need to watch it in the replayer. Bubbled the final table of the $2-2K gtd on what was a pitiful, awful display of poker on my part. Gonna be tough to let that one go... I'll post if anyone wants to see how not to play ever.

I've been to poker forums but never posted or got involved, but I'm excited to start. Anyways, good to be hear and good luck at the tables. = )
  • 8 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi James and Welcome to PokerStrategy!

I'm from Canada as well! Why don't you check out our PokerStrategy.com member map to see a few of our other Canadian Members and maybe add yourself?

You'll find lots of strategy articles and videos here to help out your MTT and micro-cash games. Some of the material is accessible to basic members, but to unlock more content you might want to upgrade your status. Once you become a bronze member you never lose it! There are a couple of ways to upgrade your status:

You also mention issues with tilt. One thing that helped me was reading Jared Tendler's - The Mental Game of Poker. You can check it out in the Poker Books section!

Best of luck to you in 2015!
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Hi James.
      Welcome and good luck.
      I to am from Canada.

There is a lot of us here EH!!!
    • Yunha
      Yunha
      Basic
      Happy New Year, I'm new here, too, I'm from Berlin.now in Switzerland on vacation, I hope you all the best in the new year

sony xperia z2 tasche
    • Jimmy2tymz
      Jimmy2tymz
      Basic
      Can somebody help me out with the account linking/rakeback thing... I've never had that, need some help. Direct me to a thread or something?
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Click on the "Free Money Offers" which is hi-lighted in blue in Ramble's post.
    • Jimmy2tymz
      Jimmy2tymz
      Basic
      No, what I meant was... I need to create a new account on one of the sponsored sites... can do. But as far as linking and rakeback stuff, is the rakeback paid here in points? or is there both?

Also, I will be playing micro stakes, and I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of American fish money... Any site suggestions?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey James,

You should check out our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the most suitable room for you. :f_thumbsup:

Regards

Laz
    • Jimmy2tymz
      Jimmy2tymz
      Basic
      Ok, I've answered the questions. I've been looking through the different poker rooms, and see some of them have a % rakeback and some don't. Is this like on PS where the VPP is supposed to equate to 'rakeback'? Like WH, the points can be traded for cash... Obviously I have goals to get better and get out of the micro's, so are these point systems worth it? Or should I go for and an actual cash back rake site?

Also, I do like the more SP's from WH. I need more vids! = )