HUD stats

• 7 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi Hlynkinn,

I would ask the SH cash coaches, and the SnG coaches (who use stats) and try and combine the two lots. They will give alot more useful info on this. As playing with the wrong stats on these tables, will do more harm than it will do good.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      vpip,preflop raise,agresion factor,went to showdown %,number of hands

those 4-5 is enought at your limit coz they can say somthing to you after few hands played (30-50) antoher stats like fold to conty bet or fold to conty bet after turn or agrasion factor after flop at turn/river or etc you realy dont needed coz if you want to accurate this stat you need sample of maybe 500-1000hands per one player but in low sng format you never had that lot hands to your opponents coz there are too many players

there is some usefull stats like try to steal blinds,try to steal blinds for SB, folded to try steal BB/SB...fold to continuation bet .. but u are unable get som information with 50-100 hands per opponent... you need like i said 1k and more... this can be easily achive in higher limits coz there are regulars
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      went to showdown % doesn't help me anything with 30-100 hands imo...
      And when you reach Push&fold phase this stat gets pretty stupid... :P
      I tried using it it wasn't really helping me at all...

And it's correct what you said about the other stats.. but ofc. my limit has regulars and I can easily click on them too see this stats... And I pretty much know how those guys plays...

And I wasn't sure if agression factor was helping me anything on sng's so thanks for pointing that out... gonna test adding it to my arsenal of huds
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      went to show down is prety strong stat ...if somebody has went to showdawn like more than for exampl 15% at 50hands ... with vpip 40+% he is great fish and he will probably pay you back when u have stron holding ... insted playier with 40VPIP and went to showdown like 0-5% your strong holding didnt get pay back...

agresion factor is with VPIP,preflop raise one of most importat factor in poker .... imagine if you holding set after flop ... you want acumalate more chip from opponent ....

opponent with 1 agresion factor ... will probably didnt bet so you should and then there is pretty likely that he will fold or etc

opponent with agresion factor more than 3 ... you can check and he will 95% of time bet.... or you can try donk bet and he will shaving so you will gain all his chips....

so pros: if there is agresion factor like 1 you can easily drow you drowing hand
      if your opponent has like 3 agresion factor your drowing hands are expensive but when u get it for exaple hitting set or straight at flop you can expect that you will get a lot of chips and you dont need to bet
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

As I said, ask the pro's. Knowone here will give you better advice on this subject. Knowone will be able to explain why to use them either.

No stats mean anything after 30-50 hands though. Thats the main reason I would never use stats for SnG's. Also, stats don't tell you how many chips the guy had when he had those stats.

Example: I have 200 hands on a guy at the blind level 100/200. The guy is playing 30/25 (vpip/vpip). We don't know if these 200 hands are with a big stack, a small stack. Even if you can set a filter, a guy changes his vpip and pfr, depending on other peoples chip stacks and how many villains.

IMO stats are useless for SnG's and knowone will change my mind on the subject. I have used them in the past as a trial. They seem to do more damage than good to me.

But as I said, ask the coaches, they will give the best advice.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      whose knowone?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      stat's arent bad... but only use the "extremities".

It's pretty easy to spot the real donkeys (high VPIP, WTSD, ..), and the fold to c-bet is also usefull against regulars.

stats like preflop raise, fold to 3bet, 3bet, are pretty useless, since they are terribly situation dependant.