This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25, CO, KQo, preflop call

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4,70
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU folds, SB raises to $1,45, BB folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($3,15) 2:spade: , A:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3,15) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3,25 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $3,15

This guy lost one hand before by calling AI with QTo... ...and I believe he was a little under influence of it.

So, he minraised me and since KQ is not a too good hand, I decided to make a call here and take the advantage of position after the flop. I didn't hit, so I decided to play c/f, but I'm quite sure if I hit the flop, I'd get paid off. So, what do you think of such a play? Should I have shoved preflop?
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Preflop: Fold or Push?

Flop: Fold or Push?

I personally push pre-flop ;)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      raise to $1 preflop
      here you made the right read, but the wrong play. When a chum on tilt click-raises you... PUSH. He is a gambler and you have a good hand, make him pay all his money to see cards, with no chance to bluff you later. With KQ there is only 5 possible hands that dominate you, the rest is a flip, and you dominate many chum-favorites, such as KJ and QT.
      SHC tells you to fold preflop, so if you do make the call expect greater variance.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      fold preflop against his raise