[NL2-NL10] NL25, CO, KQo, preflop call

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,85, BU folds, SB raises to $1,45, BB folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($3,15) 2:spade: , A:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3,15) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3,25 (All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $3,15

This guy lost one hand before by calling AI with QTo... ...and I believe he was a little under influence of it.

So, he minraised me and since KQ is not a too good hand, I decided to make a call here and take the advantage of position after the flop. I didn't hit, so I decided to play c/f, but I'm quite sure if I hit the flop, I'd get paid off. So, what do you think of such a play? Should I have shoved preflop?
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Preflop: Fold or Push?

Flop: Fold or Push?

I personally push pre-flop ;)
    • davidangel
      raise to $1 preflop
      here you made the right read, but the wrong play. When a chum on tilt click-raises you... PUSH. He is a gambler and you have a good hand, make him pay all his money to see cards, with no chance to bluff you later. With KQ there is only 5 possible hands that dominate you, the rest is a flip, and you dominate many chum-favorites, such as KJ and QT.
      SHC tells you to fold preflop, so if you do make the call expect greater variance.
    • ysessa
      fold preflop against his raise