$100k ASAP challenge AGAIN! ItsNeverEasy.

• Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

So I've been told that it would be a good idea to keep a little blog for my 2015 challenge. Basically the idea behind the challenge is to earn $100,000 in winnings, rakeback and cashback in the shortest time possible (coaching,staking and affiliate stuff don't count). This will push me to play more hours as well as to take shots at higher stakes more aggressively.

Why write about it?

1) Motivation. Everyone who posts regular updates in their blog seems to be super motivated lol. I hope that will work for me too as my lack of motivations seems to be a serious leak of mine.

2) Show that poker is not dead in 2015. Everyone is saying it. I will show you that they are wrong!

3) Meet other mid-high stakes grinders.

4) Socialize.

The most supportive follower will get a prize from me once the challenge is over.

Feel free to add me on skype: [Edited by Lazza61]

And we're off to the races!

WEEK 1, DAY 0

Total Winnings: 0/100,000
      Total Hands Played: 0
  • 121 replies
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Hey, first of all congratz on starting the blog. Would be nice to have a little bit more information. Like what limits are you playing and so on.

And one thing. Your "goal" at the moment is not really a "goal". A goal needs to have a clear definition like "100k in 12 months" for example. Because if you say "as fast as possible" it's impossible to messure if you are on the right way, cause for some players asap would be in 6 months and for others in 5 years.
      A goal also has to be motivating (100k are motivating for sure) AND challenging -> brings us to the deadline again. Without a deadline you will never feel the pressure that you have to grind to stay on track.

Gonna follow to see where it goes and wish you all the best :)
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      @RaucheCH1987

I'm ok with how I set my goal. What you are referring is S.M.A.R.T goal setting. In general I agree with you, but for poker I don't think this kind of mindset works well because of variance. That said I did say that this is my 2015 goal so one year is the 'deadline'. I will try to do it faster though.

I will be playing NLHE NL400 - NL2K.

DAY 1

Total Winnings: $3,210/$100,000(Day 1 winnings $3,210)
      Total Hands Played: 3,590 hands
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Potentially epic thread! Count me in :f_thumbsup:
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Sry, kind of busy day, might have not seen the point that you stated it as your goal for this year. Gl anyways :) will follow for sure.
    • D0nkshove
      D0nkshove
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vonki
      Potentially epic thread! Count me in :f_thumbsup:
      This!
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Will follow! GL
      Are you playing on MG? Thought I saw someone with a very similar name playing 100nl there...
    • ZapOut
      ZapOut
      Bronze
      This is too epic. Username Itsnevereasy and first day 3k+ :wtf:
      :gl: Will follow !
    • Post removed

• Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Thank you for the warm reception, guys. I'll try my best to deliver. :f_drink:

@dublimax : No, i haven't played nl100 in a long time.

A couple of comments on the first day... I played mostly nl400 and ran very good overall, although i got coolered big time: nut full house into quads on single paired board lol. But yeh i definetely ran above EV and above my average winrate. Happy with how i played esp because i was playing 9 tables most of the time and i am super happy about the daily volume. Also found a leak in my game so im gonna be trying to fix it.
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      DAY 2

Total Winnings: $4,471/$100,000(Previous Balance 3,210 + Day 2 winnings $1,261)
      Total Hands Played: 5,305 hands

Wasn't too happy with my play today. Was up nearly $3k and then donked some off to fishy at NL1k. Oh well, at least I won today.
    • Mon3yMaChin3
      Mon3yMaChin3
      Bronze
      Look's good.I'm in.
      GL
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Why don't you opt in @ Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now! ? :coolface:
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      @ RaucheCh1987

Opted in, thx for the advice.
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Itsnevereasy
      @ RaucheCh1987

Opted in, thx for the advice.
      You're welcome. One more thing -> do you have the "dummy link" in your signature by intention? I mean the "Link Text..."
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      @RaucheCh1987

Fixed it.

Had a losing session today. Had one of those things happen to me that really tilts me - Got timed out with a really big hand - AA preflop. I don't get tilted easily, but getting timed out always pisses me off hehe. Anyways, gonna relax for the day. Hopefully will be back in the zone tomorrow.
    • RaucheCh1987
      RaucheCh1987
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Itsnevereasy
      Had a losing session today. Had one of those things happen to me that really tilts me - Got timed out with a really big hand - AA preflop. I don't get tilted easily, but getting timed out always pisses me off hehe. Anyways, gonna relax for the day. Hopefully will be back in the zone tomorrow.
      Well understandable BUT are you using software like TableNina to auto-click on Timebank?

AND what's more important. Having a blog and a challenge means accepting good and bad results, so I assume you will post your results/session update later today? Ofc it's up to you, I just had/have problems admitting losses -> that's why I started my blog to not lie to myself when it comes to my online results and I think it really helps to also admit those negative days in numbers same as like you are "proud" to write down that you made almost 4.5k in two days before. At the end it's up2you, just saying...
    • Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      @ RaucheCh1987

Not every poker room has TableNinja. I will obviously be posting results regardless of whether I am winning or losing. However, not every update will include an update on the total winnings. In any case I lost about $300 so overall the results look like this:

DAY 3

Total Winnings: $4,185/$100,000(Previous Balance 4,471 + Day 3 loss $286)
      Total Hands Played: 8,043 hands
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Sounds like a fun challenge, I'm actually attempting roughly same thing. I will add you on skype later, see you at the finish line.
    • SILVESTREP
      SILVESTREP
      Bronze
      Nice challenge! _Congratz and good luck. :f_thumbsup: Post to follow :f_drink: