Bonus and Rakeback

• Dropkicks
      Dropkicks
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm interrested in giving poker another shot after a few years off due to multiples reasons. I had an account on Pokerstar that still have a few $ in it. I was wondering if it was worth it to (I dont really know how it work) put money in it again so I can have access to a bonus?

Also, is it worth it to unable some kind of rakeback while playing micro limit and how do I do it?

Thanks for the support,
      PS : I'll make sure to check the strategy guide as I'm sure someone here will recommend me to do so ;)
  • 4 replies
    • otmanF5
      otmanF5
      Basic
      : f_drink:
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hi Dropkicks and Welcome to PokerStrategy!

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any current reload bonus on PokerStars for existing players. You may have to grind your existing bankroll back up, play some free rolls or make a deposit.

Another option is to check out some of these Poker Rooms evaluate their different offers - some offer rakeback deals.

One advantage of signing up to them through PokerStrategy is that you earn strategy points that will unlock more content on this site, and once you have bronze status - you have it for life! Bronze will let you post pics/graphs in the forums and contact other members directly using the community tool.

Best of Luck to you in 2015!
    • Dropkicks
      Dropkicks
      Bronze
      Hi Ramble, thanks for the informations! I am really thankful of the effort you must put in answering all those newbies questions.

So, I've link my Pokerstars account to my Pokerstrategy account and am now bronze! I'll make sure to keep study the strategy and the game in itself and keep improving!

As for my question, you've answer my questions about the bonus but I'm still not sure about how to get rakeback from the room I play into (Pokerstars). Did link the Pokerstars to my Pokerstrategy will give me access to rakeback?

Also, I would really like to optimize my gain while playing in the micro limit cash game. I've always thought that poker is a game where you need to take all the little edge you can. Would you recommend starting a new account with a bonus or keep playing with my present account?

Regards,
      Dropkicks
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      HI Dropkicks,

Be aware that it is against the Terms & Conditions of most poker rooms to have more than one account at their site, so I definitely do not recommend creating a second account at the same site to take advantage of First Deposit Bonuses.

To my knowledge, PokerStars doesn't do rakeback, but they do have a very good VPP (points) system that serves a similar purpose.

The main benefit of linking a poker room account to PokerStrategy is the ability to earn strategy points and gain access to learning materials.

My opinion on going to a poker-room for a short-term bonus is that it is fine if you are doing it to help build a bankroll quickly, but to do that you have to be a winning player anyways (in most cases)... Focus on improving as a player and the bankroll will build itself, then the bonuses when they come, are really just that - a bonus!