How to start with MTT and knowing which hands to play

• sjaakie013
      sjaakie013
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I would like to ask some question about MTT poker. I watched almost all the video's of Asaban en read his whole thread about MTT poker.

My question is how you guys learn the whole starting hands in early mid and late game... I just write them down and follow them in the tournament, but when I got like 4 tables open I cannot look up all the cards I need....

So how do you have learn which cards to play and which to don't play...

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      It's good to write down ranges, but you have to understand they aren't set in stone and many dynamics at the table will influence the hands you play and how you play them. I would say until you have a good grasp of the ranges you are playing in the various situations, that maybe you should cut back to 2 or 3 tables until you get more comfortable and don't need to rely on your written notes as much.

In my opinion, it is better to play fewer tables and really concentrate on learning than to get volume in.
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Hi,
      imo if you are starting to play mtt u should't play 4 tables. Get use with 1, like this you can also take a look at the charts starting hands without a problem, after you can always add one.

About learning them I guess is a combination of: study them, check them during tounaments when you need them the most, reviewing your game later on and compare what u did with what the charts says, and experience.

So to said easier study & play!

Gl with mtts!
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      but you have to understand they aren't set in stone and many dynamics at the table will influence the hands you play and how you play them.
      Yeah obv this!
      But anyways I guess you need to learn the charts first, then you can decide for other reasons to deviete from them, but, especially in the begin, I think it's better if you don't change to much.