WORST Poker Client out there - Don't Choose your Bonus here!!!!

• ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      This room honestly sucks, I chose it to get my PokerStrategy bonus and I couldn't regret it more. Even disregarding the 1 hour I spent trying to login because "The servers did not respond" when every other connection was working fine...

The lowest stakes you get is NL5, because who needs NL2 with a $10 bankroll, right? Also, the forced zoom idea is just amazing. I don't have a HUD, and I don't want to have a HUD until I'm comfortable with my own readings. I can like zoom, but I don't want to be forced into playing zoom only, especially not with NL5 stakes in such a low bankroll. Then you are put in tables with guys with $25 who are calling/betting stations force you 90% of time forcing you into all-in pre-flop.

"Just play tight and wait for a good hand"... Yea that would work nicely if it wasn't NL5. Played for 20 minutes and only 3 or 4 hands since every hand I had a raise to 1/2 my stack. And just like that 1/2 of my initial bonus is gone. Anyone with a big enough bankroll or some earnings will simply call you to the end, no matter how carefully you play. I had 55 on a 85K and raised to half the pot size (which was around $.5 or so). He calls. 8 shows up. I shove ($2+ into the pot), he shoves, shows a K2!!! A freaking K2!! And of course a King in the river, because life.
      But really I haven't seen plays like this anywhere else. Then again he's not to blame. He probably has a good enough bankroll to cover the losses he has, so he can trust on luck way more than anyone else who starts with the lowest possible deposit.

I know it sounds like I'm whining, because honestly this has been one of the most frustrating experiences I ever had with poker. But you can't say I'm wrong. At least when I lost in PokerStars I knew exactly where I had gone wrong... Bad calls, bad management, whatever. I could review my hands and point out my mistakes. I was learning. Here I can't. Heck, I can barely play. That's why I'm mad, it's not just because I'm losing. It's because I'm losing playing well, and because I can't learn anything from this. When I asked on this very forum why I lost my PS bankroll, I was told "You should have sticked to .01/.02 stakes. Going .02/.05 with 20€ - more than the double I started with at Netbet - was dumb". Then, this.

PokerStrategy's team, please consider that bonus. 8€ is way too low to play .02/.05, it goes against your own teachings, if for nothing else, that. And to everyone else, just freaking run away from this, especially if you're new. You won't get to train, you won't get to get better, you will just end up feeding those who already have more than you.

EDIT: I TAKE IT BACK IGNORE THIS POST!!! Explored the client a bit more and turns out there is an hidden menu, since the main page is for speed tables! Explains the speed too! Sorry for incovinience, moderation please delete this thread :) and once again really sorry, should have checked earlier.
      Good luck in the tables :)
  • 8 replies
      Bronze
      nhaa your right, some stuff is crazy at this site but i love it anyway. but ye speed table is dangerous you need to be on ecstacy to keep it up bro. thank you for a cool post
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Yea personally I didn't like it. Played a bit last night and a bit more just now while lunching, and it's just... weird. Got 2 or 3 bad beats already and most players are just aggresive every single hand, always calling and betting. And I know most of you who aren't newbies like me would call them "fish" and be able to dominate them, but I'm not too good at that just yet. Then I let my emotions control me and I lose because of that too. For example, I may have AK on a A7Q4Q board or something, and he has been betting from the start, and I read a queen off him. I'm 90% sure he has a Queen. But because I'm sick of his constant betting I end up making the call to find out I was right. Lots of improvement to be made there.

Anyways divagating. Back to the topic. This is only personal taste now, the site isn't as bad as I made it in my 1st post. It's just... weird. I mean, you get the Speed Zoom tables as your main page, it's the 1st site I ever saw that happening. And then there's no NL2 Zoom (which as far as I know is the most played style if you watch the PS tables...). Another thing I disliked were the ads. Ads everywhere. You close the program... Ads. You just logged in... Ads. Oh you're trying to uninstall? More ads.

I'm using the free money offer to improve and see where my game is off and also checking out the room. So far, emotional control and knowing how to slowplay (I either bet a huge amount that everyone folds, or an amount small enough that people pay and outdraw me - although in NetBet everyone seems to call with anything :f_tongue: ) are things I need to get checked out. But whenever I decide to move into a personal deposit, NetBet is not for me.
      But if it's your thing, then definitely go for it, I wish you the best of luck :f_thumbsup: :f_drink:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by ilostmysoul
      And I know most of you who aren't newbies like me would call them "fish" and be able to dominate them, but I'm not too good at that just yet. Then I let my emotions control me and I lose because of that too. For example, I may have AK on a A7Q4Q board or something, and he has been betting from the start, and I read a queen off him. I'm 90% sure he has a Queen. But because I'm sick of his constant betting I end up making the call to find out I was right. Lots of improvement to be made there.
      Hi, ilostmysoul,
      The bolded part of the quote is the root of the problem. You can't be playing your best when you're upset about anything.

It is essential that each hand is played start to finish using only the information on that hand and the players in it.

If you haven't already, have a look at the No Limit Hold'em lessons overview.
      The article leads you through a series of steps toward a basic understanding of poker.

Armed with that knowledge maybe you'll find the strength to fold top-pair-top-kicker hands when necessary.

All the best,
      VS

It is important to ignore the last hand, the software, the crazy ads and what all else and leave it all out of the mix.

I always found NetBet and the other iPoker skins to be very tight. I'm surprised to hear that it is otherwise now. I wonder what changed.
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      And I know most of you who aren't newbies like me would call them "fish" and be able to dominate them, but I'm not too good at that just yet. Then I let my emotions control me and I lose because of that too. For example, I may have AK on a A7Q4Q board or something, and he has been betting from the start, and I read a queen off him. I'm 90% sure he has a Queen. But because I'm sick of his constant betting I end up making the call to find out I was right. Lots of improvement to be made there.
      Hi, ilostmysoul,
      The bolded part of the quote is the root of the problem. You can't be playing your best when you're upset about anything.

It is essential that each hand is played start to finish using only the information on that hand and the players in it.

If you haven't already, have a look at the No Limit Hold'em lessons overview.
      The article leads you through a series of steps toward a basic understanding of poker.

Armed with that knowledge maybe you'll find the strength to fold top-pair-top-kicker hands when necessary.

All the best,
      VS

It is important to ignore the last hand, the software, the crazy ads and what all else and leave it all out of the mix.

I always found NetBet and the other iPoker skins to be very tight. I'm surprised to hear that it is otherwise now. I wonder what changed.
      Thanks for replying and for the input :)
      I've already looked at those articles but I'll refresh my knowledge (especially with the post-flop one).

It's odd tho. Part of you knows he has a Queen, part of you wants to call because he has been calling and betting all along. But now that I read the article on the 5 type of players I see that I should have completely understood what I was up against from his way of betting without any margin for doubts, since he raised me 1 or 2 times. Also identified myself as a NIT so I should improve there as well. Pretty good article ^^
      Good luck in the tables!!
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      It's odd tho. Part of you knows he has a Queen, part of you wants to call because he has been calling and betting all along. But now that I read the article on the 5 type of players I see that I should have completely understood what I was up against from his way of betting without any margin for doubts, since he raised me 1 or 2 times. Also identified myself as a NIT so I should improve there as well. Pretty good article ^^
      Good luck in the tables!!
      Hi, ilostmysoul,
      There is a thread around here called The Death Wish hero call

There is a time to make a river call when you're sure you're beat, but in those cases, you want it to me a very, very small bet you're calling.
      Also, you may want to examine hands where you're getting to the river with hands you should have folded on the flop -- or even earlier.

I'm not saying to *always* fold TPTK hands to river aggression, but "big hands for big pots".
      Over the next while you'll learn to figure out ranges, then it won't cost you so much.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Personally I blame it on W34z3l. When the Walktrough series run I thought I could feel the change in the community. Sadly the other followers seem to be better students than me.
    • RaDiOaCtIvE23
      RaDiOaCtIvE23
      Bronze
      NetBet rules!
    • eddymurphy
      eddymurphy
      Bronze
      i got same experience also...when i got pair of aces at the 1st 3 community card...PS said go slow play...i thought it was right in the beginning, but sometimes when we do slow play...turn & river hates me give other people straight or even flush lol