$5,00
      MP1:
      $8,75
      MP2:
      $24,95
      Hero:
      $5,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0,25, MP2 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,50, 2 folds, BB raises to $5,00 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero calls $3,50.

Flop: ($10,60) 4:diamond: , 4:heart: , J:heart:
      Turn: ($10,60) 7:spade:
      River: ($10,60) 7:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10,60

OK, this guy is some weird loose SSS player and it seems that he learnt somekind of strategy at some other site, because there's quite few of them on full tilt recently, with same playstyle and same stats... However, with Elephant, I can easily play against them, but in this hand I gave him the range of JJ+/AK and if my calculation was correct I had about 25% equity against him, which means I'd need 3:1 pot odds, but I only had 2:1. Unfortunately I didn't have time for calculation and decided to push due to the articles and stack:bet ratio.

So, would you agree fold would be better here?
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      AJo is too marginal against his playing style/range and should be easily mucked even though we have 32.5%, AJo lacks equity against TT+,AQ+ range namely you miss out 5%.

Easy muck but if it would have been AQo, I would call this one and note his style of playing down as much as possible
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I imagine his range would be something like AJs+ AQo+ 88+ maybe you can include KQ in the range too. I think its a bit too marginal though as he could easily 3bet waaay tighter.

Note his style of playing and if you do in fact come to the conclusion that he is restealing with the range i mentioned we can call. (we have around 36% equity against that range and we need just 33% to call)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I kinda already know his style very well, I put him on a JJ+/AK quite correctly, the problem was only, I didn't have time to calculate my AJ equity against his range in time... ...anyway, I made a legitimate raise from MP3 with two limpers before, so his reraise range was tight, but I know that he resteals quite loose when I raise first in from LP, around 30-35% of his hands and in that case I push AJ easily.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Originally posted by Gerv
      AJo is too marginal against his playing style/range and should be easily mucked even though we have 32.5%, AJo lacks equity against TT+,AQ+ range namely you miss out 5%.

Easy muck but if it would have been AQo, I would call this one and note his style of playing down as much as possible
      thanks gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      I put him on a JJ+/AK quite correctly,
      There you go, If you are sure this is his range you answered the question yourself, but if this is the case you can only call QQ or higher. I think TT+ AQ+ is more likely.