Yeay hey guys!!

• ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      EDIT: OKAY, this is REALLY BIG. I let myself get lost and I'm too lazy to edit things out. Sorry.
      Hello everyone. After making some posts here I decided to introduce myself to this awesome community. I grew up to be a very open person so I'll talk a bit about my past and personal life, and it can be happy, and it can be sad. It can basically be whatever you make it to be so here we go.

Uhh where to start? I'm 18, I'm from Portugal, grew up in a town close to the border to Spain (they are indeed 2 different countries). Boring town really. I was always an uplifting, care-less person, always managed to see the bright side on everything, and always had to be moving around. Actually, when I was a kid, I used to pick up any key or any other small toy that could fit in my hand, and I'd jump around in my room imagining some pretty cool story in my head, usually on planes, or boats, or some other way of travelling somewhere. The key/toy was a burst to my imagination, and I would live the story physically, moving around as the characters in my mind. I still do that to this day, but shhh, it's a secret. It lets me know my imagination is still alive.

So I always wanted to move, to explore, to go somewhere else. I wrote my first book at the age of 8! Editors jumped all over me, but the book was soooo bad I get chills when I look back at it now, and it makes me laugh. I wrote around 100 pages then replied to the e-mails saying "Hey guys I'm done writing for a while tell me what you think". No replies. Figures :f_tongue: . Wrote another one (this time made it to the end) at 15, also not published. I always make awesome short stories and summaries, everyone stays amazed, but I'm not very good at 50+ pages.

I'm a very vivid bike rider. Not so much now since I'm on a weight gain program, but I love to do 50+ miles in a day. Once I was going to the border and ended up 40km into Spain, I had to call my parents to tell them I wasn't coming back through that road at night so I was staying. 1st night I was 100% free from my parents. Too bad I was so tired I found a low-priced Motel and called it a day. But yea, bikes. Bikes are awesome.

On to darker things now, cause 'life ain't all sunshine and rainbows'.
      People say you don't remember your childhood. That's a lie. I remember my grandmother pretty well, how she visited me in school, how she got between my parents and me when they were mad. I remember when she told me everyone lasts forever. I remember when my parents told me I was spending a weekend at a cousin's house. Then, on Monday, my father drove me into a quiet place in town. He talked about how Jesus had visited us that weekend and I understood my grandmother had died. Supernatural things followed. Strange enough for me to get checked for early signs of schizophrenia. But they were real. Yea gosh were they real. I was still a child tho, that might explain some things. And ironically enough, these events contributed for me to become the agnostic I am today, and that's about all I'm saying about them.

The rest is pretty standard, unfortunately. Was awesomely skinny in High School, got bullied into depression, got misdiagnosed and mistreated which actually made the things WAY worse because now we have a 15 year old heavily depressed kid who thinks he can't be treated. Add that to a family who only cares about school grades and is also chronically depressed or with anger issues, you get a possibly lethal mix. I survived tho and now I appreciate all that happened to me because it made me so much stronger than I ever thought to be humanly possible.

My life story in a nutshell. Right now I'm changing my body in so many ways. Weight lifting and heavy dieting doing their stuff. Uhh, oh romantically; never had a girlfriend, but I had my chances. However I always hated the type of girl that goes out drinking every single night, and I need to give my life some direction before getting into a relationship. There's no point on meeting someone you hope to share your goals with, when you have no clue what those goals are.
      Oh I already wrote a lot. Is anyone still with me at this point?
      Anyways thank you all for the attention and good luck in the tables :f_thumbsup: :)
  • 5 replies
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi ilostmysoul,

That was a quite interesting introduction. I can actually relate to some of it, like the part about your high school experience.

Are you still a writer? Oh, and when you talk about bikes, do you mean bicycles or motorbikes?

Since you have been active in our community for quite a while now, maybe it would be a good idea to start a blog in our blogs section? This would be an excellent way to share your stories with us and keep everyone updated about your progress, and it would also be good place to get some advice on your game or anything else that concerns you.

How about it?
    • ZapOut
      ZapOut
      Bronze
      I am very, very happy for you !!!
      Love your strong and open personality ! Keep it up !
      You had your hard times. Keep your head up ! Remember ! God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers !
      Nothing and no one will come on your way. You WILL achieve BIG things in your life ! You will have the life what you could only imagine about !
      Much, much love :heart:
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hey ilostmysoul (appropriate name given your story),

Interesting post - I think you should ask for this thread to be moved to the blogging section and go with it. Would love to hear more about your journey and where things go from here. Maybe include a short story :f_grin: .
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ramble
      I think you should ask for this thread to be moved to the blogging section and go with it.
      Either that, or you could just start a new blog from scratch. Whichever you prefer.

If you want me to move this thread to the blogs section, just let me know.
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Harrier88
      Hi ilostmysoul,

That was a quite interesting introduction. I can actually relate to some of it, like the part about your high school experience.

Are you still a writer? Oh, and when you talk about bikes, do you mean bicycles or motorbikes?

Since you have been active in our community for quite a while now, maybe it would be a good idea to start a blog in our blogs section? This would be an excellent way to share your stories with us and keep everyone updated about your progress, and it would also be good place to get some advice on your game or anything else that concerns you.

How about it?
      Hey Harrier :) Thanks for your answer and I'm glad you found my story interesting!
      I still write, although right now I'm not writing with the point of writing a book, I write for my own amusement and for my closest friends who seem to be inspired and amazed by my work and find it quite amusing. Maybe I'll end up trying to publish it if I feel like it tho.
      And I meant bicycles. Simply love them. Engines make a 11-hour journey cut to half, so at least in my experience you don't get to experience the full setting. It's more of "getting from A to B" kind of thing. Using my hybrid (and a very very cheap one indeed, but it fulfills my needs), I can go on-road, off-road, stop whenever I want, feel the environment around me, etc. It's an adventure. I just don't feel the same with any engine-moving vehicle.

About the blog, it's a serious option to consider, and maybe I'll give it some more thought later on :)

Originally posted by ZapOut
      I am very, very happy for you !!!
      Love your strong and open personality ! Keep it up !
      You had your hard times. Keep your head up ! Remember ! God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers !
      Nothing and no one will come on your way. You WILL achieve BIG things in your life ! You will have the life what you could only imagine about !
      Much, much love :heart:
      Thanks for the uplifting words :)
      Like I said on my original post I'm not religious, although I'm open to the possibility of there being a "higher being". But because I don't believe in it and there are thousands of gods to choose from, I'd rather just live my life the best I can and try to help as many people as I can. If there's a good, worship-worthy god up there, I'm sure he will understand my point of view.
      Love you too!! :heart:

Originally posted by Ramble
      Hey ilostmysoul (appropriate name given your story),

Interesting post - I think you should ask for this thread to be moved to the blogging section and go with it. Would love to hear more about your journey and where things go from here. Maybe include a short story :f_grin: .
      Hello Ramble! I'm glad you liked it. I'm considering opening a blog here, if for nothing else simply because I have some knowledge with web design and development, so actually creating a website/blog is still a viable career option for me, and the more feedback I receive, the better off I will be. I'll give it some more thought :)

Thank you all for replying and for all the inspiring words :) I'm proud to be a part of this amazing community!!
      Good luck at the tables and an awesome year to all of you!