$6,24
      MP2:
      $10,00
      MP3:
      $2,00
      CO:
      $11,59

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , J:heart:
      5 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 2:heart: , 2:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,50, Hero raises to $1,50, CO calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,15) 3:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,65
  • 11 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would call flop and aim for a cheap showdown against this extremely loose player, no need to make the pot bigger when he could have a 2 or an 8. If youve seen him bet every street before then just fold flop and wait for a better spot.
      I would prob fold ui on turn if he barrels again.
      Against this type of player just wait for a made hand and stack him.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I would call flop and aim for a cheap showdown against this extremely loose player, no need to make the pot bigger when he could have a 2 or an 8. If youve seen him bet every street before then just fold flop and wait for a better spot.
      Why do you think raising flop was a bad idea? He doesn't call raises loosely and he has 23% WTS, which is normal, however I think if I raise flop I have to bluff 2nd street also.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Don't think so.

He just flat calls your raise. Then bets same amount. I think he was expecting you to raise again.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      Why do you think raising flop was a bad idea? He doesn't call raises loosely and he has 23% WTS, which is normal, however I think if I raise flop I have to bluff 2nd street also.
      His WTS 23% might be due to his 2.9 AF which causes ppl to fold before SD? Or maybe I am misreading stats here...
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      His WTS 23% might be due to his 2.9 AF which causes ppl to fold before SD? Or maybe I am misreading stats here...
      Don't ever pay much attention to AF, it gives very small amount of information, you can feel the difference between 0-1 and 3-4 maybe, but high AF doesn't mean he's often bluffing, he can just bet pot with every nuts and have high AF. The formula is((bets + raises) / calls), so if he never calls but let's say bets only nuts he will have infinite agrression, or something like 30 if he called just once. Much more important stat is agression frequency.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Why turn your hand into a bluff? It might be ahead against this loose fish and if he has a 2 you are drawing dead.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Why turn your hand into a bluff? It might be ahead against this loose fish and if he has a 2 you are drawing dead.
      Because I am not expecting the call to be +EV here, I can easily be behind a pocket/any8, I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands, that turn bet seems like bluff induce to me I think I am ahead just in 5-10% of the cases on the turn and fold equity is about 30% maybe(if he holds a weak hands) so I am folding.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Because I am not expecting the call to be +EV here, I can easily be behind a pocket/any8, I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands, that turn bet seems like bluff induce to me I think I am ahead just in 5-10% of the cases on the turn and fold equity is about 30% maybe(if he holds a weak hands) so I am folding.
      I agree on folding turn but I thought we were discussing flop play.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands
      I don't think you can use your tight image against this player who doesn't care, I think you overplayed this hand actually... fold flop and wait for better spots :)
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands
      I don't think you can use your tight image against this player who doesn't care, I think you overplayed this hand actually... fold flop and wait for better spots :)
      That what I was thinking about after the hand :-) You are right.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can call his weak bet on the turn and weak bet on the river.
      Doubt that he´d fold anything if you shove turn.