This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AJo NL10 FR

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11,08
      BB:
      $9,75
      MP1:
      $6,24
      MP2:
      $10,00
      MP3:
      $2,00
      CO:
      $11,59

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.61 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , J:heart:
      5 folds, CO calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, CO calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 2:heart: , 2:spade: , 8:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,50, Hero raises to $1,50, CO calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,15) 3:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4,65
  • 11 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would call flop and aim for a cheap showdown against this extremely loose player, no need to make the pot bigger when he could have a 2 or an 8. If youve seen him bet every street before then just fold flop and wait for a better spot.
      I would prob fold ui on turn if he barrels again.
      Against this type of player just wait for a made hand and stack him.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I would call flop and aim for a cheap showdown against this extremely loose player, no need to make the pot bigger when he could have a 2 or an 8. If youve seen him bet every street before then just fold flop and wait for a better spot.
      Why do you think raising flop was a bad idea? He doesn't call raises loosely and he has 23% WTS, which is normal, however I think if I raise flop I have to bluff 2nd street also.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Don't think so.

He just flat calls your raise. Then bets same amount. I think he was expecting you to raise again.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      Why do you think raising flop was a bad idea? He doesn't call raises loosely and he has 23% WTS, which is normal, however I think if I raise flop I have to bluff 2nd street also.
      His WTS 23% might be due to his 2.9 AF which causes ppl to fold before SD? Or maybe I am misreading stats here...
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      His WTS 23% might be due to his 2.9 AF which causes ppl to fold before SD? Or maybe I am misreading stats here...
      Don't ever pay much attention to AF, it gives very small amount of information, you can feel the difference between 0-1 and 3-4 maybe, but high AF doesn't mean he's often bluffing, he can just bet pot with every nuts and have high AF. The formula is((bets + raises) / calls), so if he never calls but let's say bets only nuts he will have infinite agrression, or something like 30 if he called just once. Much more important stat is agression frequency.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Why turn your hand into a bluff? It might be ahead against this loose fish and if he has a 2 you are drawing dead.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Why turn your hand into a bluff? It might be ahead against this loose fish and if he has a 2 you are drawing dead.
      Because I am not expecting the call to be +EV here, I can easily be behind a pocket/any8, I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands, that turn bet seems like bluff induce to me I think I am ahead just in 5-10% of the cases on the turn and fold equity is about 30% maybe(if he holds a weak hands) so I am folding.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Because I am not expecting the call to be +EV here, I can easily be behind a pocket/any8, I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands, that turn bet seems like bluff induce to me I think I am ahead just in 5-10% of the cases on the turn and fold equity is about 30% maybe(if he holds a weak hands) so I am folding.
      I agree on folding turn but I thought we were discussing flop play.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands
      I don't think you can use your tight image against this player who doesn't care, I think you overplayed this hand actually... fold flop and wait for better spots :)
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Fongie
      I have the initiative and tight image that's why I am raising to let him throw away his hands
      I don't think you can use your tight image against this player who doesn't care, I think you overplayed this hand actually... fold flop and wait for better spots :)
      That what I was thinking about after the hand :-) You are right.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can call his weak bet on the turn and weak bet on the river.
      Doubt that he´d fold anything if you shove turn.