Evening All

• ABShortland
      Hey everyone :)

Decided to try out the SSS to see if i can understand more about that game whilst making some steady money! :)

Was close to loosing faith after i'd sat for a good half an hour before i could play any hand between 3 tables on Pokerstars and my allin preflop pocket Aces lost to JQs [Trip Jacks] things have started to even out now though and it was only 2 dollars! =]

Was wondering if anyone could reccomend some free software that tracks your session statistics? (Hands played / profit etc.)

Thanks for the great advice PokerStrategy!
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      Hello my friend & welcome to PokerStrategy. You'll find us all friendly and helpful on here.

Think we've all been in the "close to quiting" mode on numerous occasions, but the strategy guides, coaching sessions, sample hands forum etc all help a great deal.

The key thing to master early on is discipline and this is covered in depth in the guides.

Not that experienced with the software side of things, but I am using the trial version of PokerStrategy Elephant to keep an eye on hand history and find it useful.
      Other more experienced members will probably be able to offer more reasoned thoughts/comparisons though.

Anyway, good to see you & good luck at the tables.

• delete461
      Hello and welcome

There are several programs available to help keep track of your stats and hands played - PokerTracker, Poker Office, Hold'em manager - but for beginners I recommend Elephant. It is probably the easiest to use as a beginner and it allows you to easily review your sessions to search for leaks in your game and to post questionable hands on these forums to be evaluated by other players. It is also free to Pokerstrategy members.
    • SoyCD
      Hello ABShortland and welcome to the boards!

As already recommended by our members the PokerStrategy Elephant is a very beginner friendly hand tracking tool which in its basic version is free to our members. Check it out :)

Best regards
    • ABShortland
      Thanks for the friendly replies and the link to PS Elephant, Just getting used to it and i must say its a great program!

PokerStrategy has already opened my eyes so much to things i thought i already knew and has shown me the light :D

I hope my time here will be a sensible profitable one :)