[NL2-NL10] QQ on a 597 board

• Fux200881
      Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.64 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:club: , Q:spade:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0,16, Hero raises to $0,48, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0,32.

Flop: ($1,02) 5:spade: , 9:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,75, MP2 calls $0,75.

Turn: ($2,52) T:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1,00, MP2 raises to $2,53 (All-In), Hero calls $1,53.

Should I fold in this spot?

River: ($7,58) 3:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7,58
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      Bet more on flop like 0.90

I dont like the small bet on the turn giving him odds to call with anything. Once you bet turn you are committed since he is mid-stack so before you bet, ask yourself if you would call a shove. If the answer is yes, then shove yourself.

Personally, I would prob shove turn since another heart could spell disaster.
    • adprocas
      Do you have any reads on this opponent?

I like your pre-flop re-raise.

Maybe a little more on the flop like TheBrood said. I was thinking $1

What hands could you put this guy on?

With that board, you would basically be making your decision to call based on reads.

There are a lot of hands that I could see someone calling your pre-flop raise with here. He was likely on a draw and hit.

However, if he's known to try to steal, maybe you should call.

Without any reads, I would probably fold, though. Afterall, you only have a pair. Not many players will push all-in with only a pair, so you're probably beat.

EDIT: One thing I notice at this stake, EVERYONE tries to trap. So, ignore the check raise by him. I would give that a sign of strength rather than weakness like people might think.
    • Kaitz20
      Can´t do anything else against middlestack.