[NL2-NL10] A7 vs 66 set

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($18.89)
      MP ($16.73)
      Hero (CO) ($7.06)
      Button ($10.25)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($2.97)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, 7
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 6, 8, 10 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.82) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.40

River: ($2.02) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Total pot: $4.02 | Rake: $0.15

Results:
      BB had 6, 6 (three of a kind, sixes).
      Hero had A, 7 (one pair, sevens).
      Outcome: BB won $3.87

Misread opponent. Thought he was on top pair and wanted to outplay him.
      I think I should have given pot up after he called my turn raise and check behind river.
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Dont post hand results, whats important is how you played the hand, not the actual result.

Call turn since you have nice odds, your raise has very low FE on such a drawy board and you might be drawing dead already.

On river only better will call your 1/2 pot bet so I would prob check behind. If he seldom goes to SD you might try and bluff him out with a pot bet but I dont recommend this against a midstack fish.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      You missplayed this hand completely, if I was on the same table with you I would make a note on you and calssify you as very fishy player(no offence please, just some stuff for you to think about). Fold or raise preflop with A7o. Never limp it! With your level of play I'd advise to fold. Fold to BB raise. Fold on the flop. it's just -EV and you have no implied odds. Fold this turn, it's slight -EV to call but you have no implied odds, if you raise, however, you have to raise big and then bluff big on the river to make him fold, though he might have straight himself. Check behind the river as you have some showdown value. 1$ bet indeed looks like straight valuebet here but don't try tricks like this on this limit, and even on the high limit guy wouldn't fold a set here. Read articles! Reread articles! :-) Good luck!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Without reads I fold fold flop.
      You don´t have imo too many odds to call his bet and then outplay later streets.
      Check back river. he won´t call with worse hands or fold better ones.