DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      7 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $2, MP1 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 5 J Q ($6.25, 3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2.5, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: J ($11.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.5, Hero calls.

River: 2 ($16.25, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Results:
      Final pot: $16.25

This villain is a bit fishy like 18/8 or something but still fishy. I think he makes this flop bet 90% of the time so I decided to call to see if he had anything or not. The bet on turn then indicated that he had something But I feel that I get such good implied odds I cannot fold here. However I will obviously have to grin and bear it if i hit A or K and he turns over KQ or AQ ;)
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Statistics of CO? Standard question by me to you actually so keep that in mind ;)

Play it accordingly DaPhunk, Flopcall is bad because you are OOP and you only have 1 gutshot (3) + 2 overcards (4 at most).

Even with doubled stack, your still a shortie in my opinion and putting your fresh earned BBs on the line with just Ace high, thats high variance in my opinion.

You said ''I think he makes this flop bet 90%...'' so you called solely based on your read? with 3.5:1 your still way behind and its -EV.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I had less than 50 hands on Villain hence lack of stats. Put simply I suspected villain was bluffing+a calling station and wanted to cheaply discover If i was correct without having to reraise and put my stack on the line. High variance yes, but possibly worth it for the information I get out of the hand.

I guess its a terrible play though because its Impossible to get to a cheap showdown in Poker.......
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      i dont like this play against unknown at all, 60 hands is way to less. when you think he bets the flop with nearly everyting i would go for a c/r 2 overcards gutshot fe could be enough. but normally i would fold